South A and B 2010/2011

Looks like the only winners of this round were Beena and all those women, partners ,wives and boyfriends that had men stupid enough to tell them cricket was off!
I think Sledge has had too much air time on this forum,time to move on.I think he's just looking for a reaction with his sniping messages, so like i do with my kids.....ignore it.(or lock him in a car outside the TAB).
Looking ahead and it would seem the next 2 games will start to shape the 4.If the top 3 can win they are sure to pull away leaving 4th all to play for.

Not enough time UB. I reckon the top 4 will stay the same as the teams outside those are way behind in class. Good to see a club like Hampton reinvent themselves after a couple of bad years.

UB u leave SS alone...
Now doing a bit of result vaulting I notice Hampton have had a fair overhaul in their line up since last year and year before... Can they bounce straight back up?
Us it top 2 or just premiers that go up?
But SS is right top 4 won't change, but maybe the top 2 or3 placing still to be decided... Beenas win last week helps!

I'd say if Rudge is sticking around for finals Beena would have to be a good chance for the flag.Off the top of my head i'd say Hampton have only 3 or 4 players from the last 2 poor seasons in their 1's so doing well to gel as a team.
Sorry Sledge lets have a group hug and make up.

I am happy how Hampton are travelling. Combination of some older guys (I will be kind) but we have played 6 or 7 guys under 22 (who have contributed) so that looks really good for the future. Hopefully that future is up a grade

Hello All,
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good club around the Caulfield area? I'm an ex-sub district 1XI player and I'm looking to play with reasonably successful club but also just as importantly a reputation to have a good spirit of cricket? If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Any other clubs having selection issues with the "quirky" nature of the South A&B draw. 1s and 2s playing one day games, 3s & 4s playing two day games. Any injuries or unavailabilties from rd 9 to rd 10 in the first 2 grades means a player will have to be promoted from outside those playing at the club - as the 3s and 4s are already playing. Yet another nail in the coffin of this 8 team draw methinks

It's crap... We had same headache!!! It penalizes either the team or the individual... We were lucky as we had 5 out from 1&2s but get 7 back next week, but someone will be watching next week!!

positive for me being fat, unfit, can't bowl anymore, can't bat much either, so quick game's a good game
biggrin.png

Predictions for this round?
Mine- Parkdale over Dingley, Hampton all over Carnegie, Aspendale to trounce Heatherton (given the opportunity), and Murrumbeena to get over the Tang.
Reckon the last match will be tight, and looking forward to seeing how the Dingley young punks are travelling.

Predictions for this round?
Mine- Parkdale over Dingley, Hampton all over Carnegie, Aspendale to trounce Heatherton (given the opportunity), and Murrumbeena to get over the Tang.
Reckon the last match will be tight, and looking forward to seeing how the Dingley young punks are travelling.

Love your prediction (and editorial comment) in the Aspendale v Heatherton game. I will go the other way in that game, just to be different. The Tang could be the dark horse here. Pretty good depth may test the Beena - thoughts Qball

Love your prediction (and editorial comment) in the Aspendale v Heatherton game. I will go the other way in that game, just to be different. The Tang could be the dark horse here. Pretty good depth may test the Beena - thoughts Qball

Well it looks like a great month ahead... The Tang by reports are consistant in their lineup, Hampt and Parky as stated look like the pace setters, but I reckon Been with 1s in 3rd and 2s flying in the 2s look soild. But in saying that Parky and Hampt 2s are only a few quick singles off top 2 in the 2s, so depth across those 2-3 sides looks the key!
Suns out...wicket is hard on annual leave in 4 hours! Life's good!

Back