South A and B 2010/2011

Lol Not a fan of those boys Qball?
What a bunch of meat heads... Sooo southern Footy league mentality.. If they are losing they start a fight, if they are winning they sledge and are the most ungrateful winners since the 2010 pies supporters!
I hope they enjoy south B and that some of their experienced players actually play in the 1s instead of playing 2s so they can sledge young kids and smash attacks around!!!

Looks like the match at Clayton between the Tangy and Hammers is going to be a good one. Key partnership in at the moment would seem to be what will win or lose the match for either side.Although Hampton's tail has been known to wag, as Tangy will know from earlier in the season.Hope that rain doesnt become a factor.

SS looks like your mate muscles Towler flexed on the weekendbin the 2s gf! 7/20 off 21...
Any thoughts?

Roid Rage!!! Must have juiced himself up for the big one!.... Pity the Tang couldn't get themselves up for it. 48 in a granny is fair dinkum insipid.

Big day's play down at the Namatjira Tip... A couple of quick wickets and the balance will be decidedly with Bonbeach, but if the current Seahorse batsmen can weather the first 20 overs, than I'm tipping Hampton. Game to be decided by tea.

Been a couple of days since the end of the GF's, it's a bit quiet on here, the Hampton boys must still be celebrating there 1s & 2s victories on the weekend!! fair to say they weren't the best side in the comp but they were the best side when it counted, so good on them for claiming the double, what must Murrumbeena and Parkdale be thinking!!

Been a couple of days since the end of the GF's, it's a bit quiet on here, the Hampton boys must still be celebrating there 1s & 2s victories on the weekend!! fair to say they weren't the best side in the comp but they were the best side when it counted, so good on them for claiming the double, what must Murrumbeena and Parkdale be thinking!!

Another great 1's & 2's premiership quinella by the Hampton boys. They really showed some pluck and were simply too good for Bonbeach. Tangy had their chances on Saturday, but did their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - keeper dropped 1 or 2 late in the innings and 1st slip dropped what from all accounts was a simple one off the spinner when Hampton were 9 down! Credit to Tangy for rebounding the next day. They had a crack by posting some quick fire runs and giving Hampton a testing 65 overs to face.

The Tang were smashed in the 2nd's.

Terrific game of cricket - great to be on the winning side of things. 22 players really fought it out, which was a credit to both sides. I would say that neither side has the best players in the comp, but have a hell of a lot of heart which got them to the GF. Anyway it has been fun in the South A forum, I'm heading off to the South Division one now!!!!

The 1's certainly got tense at the end, 4 wickets in hand 11 overs, 3 and 8 with plenty of appeals and plays and misses. Great respect for the Tang as they could have easily thrown up the white flag after being so close in the first innings. Even their supporters became humurous by the end. Not sure how we'll fare in South Div, but given that Bentleigh and Beauie are no longer their I would be hoping for a top 4 finish. Good luck to the Parkdale boys next year.

Here is a team of the year for your consideration:
T. Lamb (beena)
G. Galloway (Parkdale)
B. Middleton (beena)
B. Walker (aspy)
A. Mackessack (BBT)
T. Smallwood (Hampton)
G. Finkelde (Hampton) - Capt
V. Tripathi (Carn)
W. Rudge (beena)
J Seeary (Parkdale)
R. West (Hampton)

The 1's certainly got tense at the end, 4 wickets in hand 11 overs, 3 and 8 with plenty of appeals and plays and misses. Great respect for the Tang as they could have easily thrown up the white flag after being so close in the first innings. Even their supporters became humurous by the end. Not sure how we'll fare in South Div, but given that Bentleigh and Beauie are no longer their I would be hoping for a top 4 finish. Good luck to the Parkdale boys next year.

Here is a team of the year for your consideration:
T. Lamb (beena)
G. Galloway (Parkdale)
B. Middleton (beena)
B. Walker (aspy)
A. Mackessack (BBT)
T. Smallwood (Hampton)
G. Finkelde (Hampton) - Capt
V. Tripathi (Carn)
W. Rudge (beena)
J Seeary (Parkdale)
R. West (Hampton)

I would love to see Westy get in. He has had a great year for us - won games on his own back. Copped a fair bit of reasonably good natured ribbing during the GF and handled it to bowl superbly. The other two Hampton guys might be stretching it. The bowling looks pretty good. Lamb aside, nobody really had a great deal of consistency so the batting could be a bit of a lottery

Not a bad side Gib.

Only changes I'd make are to bring in Fernandez (BBT) for Smallwood and Morton (Parkdale) for Finkelde as the keeper. You've still got a choice of captain with the captains of the sides that finished runners-up (Mackessack) and 3rd (Rudge) being picked, as well as past captains in Walker and Seeary

In batting order:

T. Lamb (beena)
G. Galloway (Parkdale)
D.Fernandez (BBT)
B. Walker (aspy)
B. Middleton (beena)
A. Mackessack (BBT)
T. Morton (Parkdale)
V. Tripathi (Carn)
W. Rudge (beena)
J Seeary (Parkdale)
R. West (Hampton)

Gee Hampton must have been an even side if only 1 player gets in..
Will The Beena keep lamb and Rudge now they stayed down?

I believe they are both there next year, yes. Re Hampton next season, they will probably need to recruit, as Bentleigh did in getting Roach & Street to be competitive in South Division. However, they can take some heart from the performance of Old Mentonians, who lost Leaver, recruited Tolley, and pretty much kept the same side, and went very close to winning the GF.

Not a bad side Gib.

Only changes I'd make are to bring in Fernandez (BBT) for Smallwood and Morton (Parkdale) for Finkelde as the keeper. You've still got a choice of captain with the captains of the sides that finished runners-up (Mackessack) and 3rd (Rudge) being picked, as well as past captains in Walker and Seeary

In batting order:

T. Lamb (beena)
G. Galloway (Parkdale)
D.Fernandez (BBT)
B. Walker (aspy)
B. Middleton (beena)
A. Mackessack (BBT)
T. Morton (Parkdale)
V. Tripathi (Carn)
W. Rudge (beena)
J Seeary (Parkdale)
R. West (Hampton)

Can't agree with Morton as keeper - bit sloppy from what I saw. Finkelde is such clean, crisp gloveman, plus a better bat to boot.

Can't agree with Morton as keeper - bit sloppy from what I saw. Finkelde is such clean, crisp gloveman, plus a better bat to boot.

There are other keeping options. Wont tell you my side as I have to select it, but as I said i hope Westy gets in - he certainly deserves it. My prediction is it could be the first time the premier doesnt get a selection in the team of the year!!!! (No idea if that is true, but it cant have happened too many times)

Anything could happen on the wacky world of the Vtca! I'm waiting for them to change the promotion / relegation rules to see Hampton and Bonbeach stiffed!! Just wait for it!

Why would they do that. The Bonbeach set up is not up to standard though.

True, maybe the VTCA could help them to lobby the council to move the turf wicket to be closest to the pavillion? Not much different to Brighton District except for a few mins extra walk,a far better wicket and no Brighton dog walkers!

Back