South A and B 2010/2011

Well im thinking the hampton 2nds could have a few key bowlers but Towler is the key for them!!

Towler is a bit of a journeyman, played against him a few times and don't think he poses to much bother for a half decent top order. Reckon he's a good bloke, but strikes me as the type who spends a fair portion of day flexing and kissing his biceps in the mirror. Bit of a poser for mine.

Who will it be, Beena or Tangy?!?!?!?! very interesting days play ahead there! and down at Parkdale the wicket is its usual shit standard so will 137 be enough for the Hammers???

Gee, the Tang don't deserve to be in a granny if they can't defend 250 odd! Hampton should get the chocolates down at Gerry Green ... What would a Tangy/Hampton GF have paid a month ago?!

Looks like an all Hampton v Tangy final for the 1's and 2's although yet to be finalised. From what i hear Towler just a paid overseas in the 2's with a divide in the changing rooms on who has first use of the mirror.

Good to see Hampton winning on the weekend! a week ago, the Parkdale president had plenty to say from the sidelines during the last H&A game, a week later he's all tears as the Parkdale boys have choked for the second year in a row... wat about beena, Lamb & Rudge might be big performers but it shows that you need more than 2 players to perform in big games!! looking forward to the GF's!!

Good to see Hampton winning on the weekend! a week ago, the Parkdale president had plenty to say from the sidelines during the last H&A game, a week later he's all tears as the Parkdale boys have choked for the second year in a row... wat about beena, Lamb & Rudge might be big performers but it shows that you need more than 2 players to perform in big games!! looking forward to the GF's!!

Big results. Not suprised re Parky and Hampton. A month ago I said Parky should not be favourites for the flag as they werent a great batting side and yet again batting has let them down. Seeary tries his heart out and must be sick and tired of the batsmen failing to perform when it matters. Well done to the Tang, I was wrong on the Beena, Lamb got 80 and they still folded. They would be very dissapointed. Should be a great grand final but both sides would need to recruit well in the off season to compete in South Division.

Gee I wonder if hamp would be any good with Stuart who played in the last rd?? Add him and another bat, that would be competitive!!

Gee I wonder if hamp would be any good with Stuart who played in the last rd?? Add him and another bat, that would be competitive!!

Or the continued development of the 9 players udner the age of 21 who have played in our 1st XI this year.

Looking forward to this week first though

Hampton poms are good... Left arm leggy for the tang is bowling well...
Mike hunt I believe us mat or Michael - teammates taking the piss!!

Don't know what the rest of you think, but I reckon its a disgrace the Sth A1 GF is at Namatjira Reserve... What a stinkhole - an isolated backwater with no canteen/bar facilties or any atmosphere to speak of. A 3rd'sd/4th's ground at best.... I'm sure our resident VTCA apologist Southern Sledge will have some pathetic excuse...

Don't know what the rest of you think, but I reckon its a disgrace the Sth A1 GF is at Namatjira Reserve... What a stinkhole - an isolated backwater with no canteen/bar facilties or any atmosphere to speak of. A 3rd'sd/4th's ground at best.... I'm sure our resident VTCA apologist Southern Sledge will have some pathetic excuse...

Thats why premier clubs use the wicket for practice matches, be thankfull your in a GF and no official position this year SS,just shit stirring. Win the game and enjoy it.

I agree southern son as will all those who have had the opportunity to play on this ground.The wicket i believe hasn't been bad but that would be the only part of it fitting for a grand final. The outfield is lush and slow and both teams are seperated in the rooms by a thin divider.You'd expect a crowd of some sort to turn up but why would anyone turn up from Dingley and help on ground (or whoever is running the ground) when no profit can be made.Unless the league have a very good reason i see it a very strange choice.
However on a plus side if the game is boring you can always take time to read the grafiti (sure thats spelt wrong) on the rooms or watch while the game is held up as some young tight jeaned bogans walk across the ground.

Thats why premier clubs use the wicket for practice matches, be thankfull your in a GF and no official position this year SS,just shit stirring. Win the game and enjoy it.

Yeah, its a bit of shit stir and they may very well use it for practice matches, but if you re-read my post you'll see I made no mention of the wicket. Its probably a belter but I was commenting on the facilties from a spectator's persepctive- limited seating, the rooms a glorified shed with no bar/canteen, no obvious place for spectators to congregate etc. Hardly encourages supporters to come out.... If Dingley didn't have to play there this year, who'd be using it? From personal experience I've only seen 3rd's and 4th's matchs played there in recent years.

Anyway, enough of that. Looks like Hampton's in a strong position.... And Sledge - "no official position" - think you may be confusing me with someone else.

Back