South A and B 2010/2011

Lamb chop sizzled another ton! 1 man show at Beena arena? Hampton did enough and parky too!
2 scores at hamp did the job... Looks like 1 misses out another picks up the slack? Heatherton just marking time before heading further south? Or will asp or even dare I say it Carnegie ( always struggle spelling that) slide south b way??

Correct spelling Qball - a guy I know always spells it Carneige!!

Good win by the Hammers in what was a danger game for us - tough conditions early but we toughed it out well to post a competitive total. And then a terrific bowling and fielding performance got us the points quite comfortably in the end. You cant buy experience can you!!!!
The top 3 have put a little gap in the rest - there might be 3 or 4 teams playing for that final spot!!

Round 10 predictions in bold
Dingley v Murrumbeena Could be an upset if Lamb chop goes early, but now have some depth with L Hardham down the order
Carnegie v Parkdale The toss may may change things if the deck is like last weeks and Carnegie hold their catches - is Bott playing this week?
Heatherton v Hampton Seahorses looking to maintain top spot and for their bats to get some form
Bonbeach Tangy v Aspendale Have not seen Aspendale but the Tang are an OK side

Round 10 predictions in bold
Dingley v Murrumbeena Could be an upset if Lamb chop goes early, but now have some depth with L Hardham down the order
Carnegie v Parkdale The toss may may change things if the deck is like last weeks and Carnegie hold their catches - is Bott playing this week?
Heatherton v Hampton Seahorses looking to maintain top spot and for their bats to get some form
Bonbeach Tangy v Aspendale Have not seen Aspendale but the Tang are an OK side

Yeah I'll take those Gib, and word is Bott to be available for remainder of season.

Another hundred for Lamb and a 4 for Rudge, Murrumbeena are short odds on for the flag if these 2 keep this up! No offence to Parky or Hampton but no where near the class of these two. Lamb double the most runs of any player in South A, and Rudgey 15 more wickets.

Despite going down to Parkdale, Murrumbeena looking very good going into finals... Their 2 guns are firing, with good support apparent around them. Can others step up if Lamb and Rudge have an off one?... BTW - how much has the slick Beena outfield been worth to them? - 200-600 runs more than others in the 4.

Despite going down to Parkdale, Murrumbeena looking very good going into finals... Their 2 guns are firing, with good support apparent around them. Can others step up if Lamb and Rudge have an off one?... BTW - how much has the slick Beena outfield been worth to them? - 200-600 runs more than others in the 4.

No doubts about it Southern, these two are quality players, not sure you'd want to hang your hopes on two blokes though, Lamby seems to be putting the comp to the sword, can he produce when it counts? Rudgey bowling to a strong top order may test him if he has to bowl over twenty overs to get the Beena's over the line? It'd be a bit blind to suggest there isn't quality players doing the work at Hampton or Parkdale however....

No doubts about it Southern, these two are quality players, not sure you'd want to hang your hopes on two blokes though, Lamby seems to be putting the comp to the sword, can he produce when it counts? Rudgey bowling to a strong top order may test him if he has to bowl over twenty overs to get the Beena's over the line? It'd be a bit blind to suggest there isn't quality players doing the work at Hampton or Parkdale however....

Is Lamb Chop better when he has it his own way, or does he over-cook it when the heat's on? Finals will tell I guess... Certainly not discounting Parkdale... Ticking along very nicely. Seeary doing the job with the ball - can others at Parky fill the void if he's not on D-Hack?... Must be a few batting concerns down at Hampton. Not a good loss (if there is such a thing) to Heatherton. Any thoughts Ratters?

Also, any clubs out there had problems with 1-day 2nd's selections when 3's and 4's are into their 2nd week of a game? Noticed Heatherton forfeited to Hampton. Presumably a problem with unavails and the lack of reserves to draw upon. Could be something the VTCA have to address.

Thirds on a different schedule has certainly caused some problems SS. But at least they got to play a 2 day game!!! I love 2 day cricket, and I know our Pom wanted to see how it worked, but alas.......

Here is a hit list the VTCA need to sort.....stuff the Northern Teams old school ideas!!!
1 - Fixture to resemble the oh so great VTCA 4 day final or reduce the final to what we really play.....at least have us all playing 2 day games in the lead up!
And now that we only play one day games
2 - Wides in one dayers are rediculous....how can you bowl a foot outside leg (at least use the lines)
3 - Bowling restrictions (10 per bowler!)
4 - Fielding restrictions (15m circle can't be that hard to work out)
5 - Points system (again)- --- a draw is equal to a loss basically, but if you win and no-one else plays Whhoooohhooo!
But what has happened to getting off the ground at 3.30 after a win, getting a solid 3 hours drinking in then telling the missus you just finished at 6.30....you'll drop by the club and be home around 8ishhhh......are the VTCA that socially aware?!?!
6 - Umpires - where are they....we're not a bad bunch of blokes (I think!?) and yet we get one ump for most games....yet our seconds seem to get 2 umps??!!
7 - Boundaries - a directive to all clubs to specify boundaries, one week its a mowed line, one week its some cones, one week its a fence, one week its a gutter, one week its a creek.........
8 - The balls - need i say any more!? Worse than ever...and if we use those pink things.......!!!!
......I'll keep going but I'm sweating....it is embarrasing though when you need to explain all this stuff to an overseas player or someone from higher grades...they think it is Mickey Mouse cricket!!!

I know we have a delegate to bring these things up...but it seems to fall continually on deaf ears Sledge.
It might be time for the Southern collective to form a posse and demand some changes...I'll bring the pitch fork!!!

Thirds on a different schedule has certainly caused some problems SS. But at least they got to play a 2 day game!!! I love 2 day cricket, and I know our Pom wanted to see how it worked, but alas.......

Here is a hit list the VTCA need to sort.....stuff the Northern Teams old school ideas!!!
1 - Fixture to resemble the oh so great VTCA 4 day final or reduce the final to what we really play.....at least have us all playing 2 day games in the lead up!
2 - Wides in one dayers are rediculous....how can you bowl a foot outside leg (at least use the lines)
5 - Points system (again)- --- a draw is equal to a loss basically, but if you win and no-one else plays Whhoooohhooo!
But what has happened to getting off the ground at 3.30 after a win, getting a solid 3 hours drinking in then telling the missus you just finished at 6.30....you'll drop by the club and be home around 8ishhhh......are the VTCA that socially aware?!?!
6 - Umpires - where are they....we're not a bad bunch of blokes (I think!?) and yet we get one ump for most games....yet our seconds seem to get 2 umps??!!
7 - Boundaries - a directive to all clubs to specify boundaries, one week its a mowed line, one week its some cones, one week its a fence, one week its a gutter, one week its a creek.........
8 - The balls - need i say any more!? Worse than ever...and if we use those pink things.......!!!!
......I'll keep going but I'm sweating....it is embarrasing though when you need to explain all this stuff to an overseas player or someone from higher grades...they think it is Mickey Mouse cricket!!!

I know we have a delegate to bring these things up...but it seems to fall continually on deaf ears Sledge.
It might be time for the Southern collective to form a posse and demand some changes...I'll bring the pitch fork!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahaha- get a hold a yourself you're about to blow a fuse! just cos you have to bowl more than ten overs - and at your age it's a disgrace!

They've also had three losses this year Southern? lucky they're getting those bonus points, which apparently must go....

They've also had three losses this year Southern? lucky they're getting those bonus points, which apparently must go....

It seems so... Are the VT not embarassed by a system that has a club with 2 more losses sitting above another in 2nd spot? Surely an anomaly that needs rectifying...

Haha... I'm a big fan of "junk time" - NOT!... As you said, scrapping it would give you a bit more time to down a few after putting one over the missus! - "It's a 1-dayer dear, we usually don't get off til around 7" lol

Haha... I'm a big fan of "junk time" - NOT!... As you said, scrapping it would give you a bit more time to down a few after putting one over the missus! - "It's a 1-dayer dear, we usually don't get off til around 7" lol

Met my wife a few years back and told her, "Darling, I play cricket and that's a Saturday commitment during Summer"
LOTO replies, "Oh that's ok what time does it finish?"
To which I replied without blinking, "9pm with daylight savings, then a few obligatories after the match."
Lasted for two seasons before she twigged
biggrin.png

Back