South Division 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: South A & B

Darwin Cricket;302139 said:
I guess everyone has their opinion, and Im sure Shane wouldnt disagree with that assumption.

However his record speaks for itself, has played grade cricket all over Australia and done ok.

Im sure Port would only fly him back and forward if they thought it was a good investment.

Who really cares?

Ianharvey;302163 said:
How about a bit of cricket being discussed? Old Mentonians look to be going well with Seery and Woite? Can Chelsea continue to improve and play finals in South A after dropping a couple of grades? Port and Murrumbeena look to fill the top 4?

Top four does look settled with a 9 point break on the rest. No one outside of it looks capable of winning all their remaining games.

If Chelsea win it will they request to stay in South A?

Not playing in the comp gives me a disadvantage, but looking at the ladder, Port havent lost a game yet, scored far more runs than everyone else and their runs against is lower also.
The wickets tally looks strange they need to start taking more wickets.

Port
Old Men
Murra
Chelsea

Because he is not getting paid, just kidding.
South A1 top 4 is probably set looking at the draw the only one who had a chance was Middle Park but they stuffed up losing to bottom side Highett. Port Melbourne look to be over the line with only Chelsea a chance to knock them off.
Great season by Old Mentonians who have worked their way back up from South B1.

Another 100 to Perera, thats five now. 600 runs for the season with rounds 9,10,11 and a Semi (minimum) to go. Easily pass 1,00, possibly 1500 if people bat with him in a Granny. Is he the best player the VTCA has ever seen?

He's playing B1 for gods sake, good effort but don't get carried away.
Ther was a fellow by the name of Gordon King who scored 1000 runs for Springvale in 93-94, got the 1000 in a GF against Middle Park but they still lost the match.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;314264 said:
Another 100 to Perera, thats five now. 600 runs for the season with rounds 9,10,11 and a Semi (minimum) to go. Easily pass 1,00, possibly 1500 if people bat with him in a Granny. Is he the best player the VTCA has ever seen?

boys tell me about this Perera cat. I have noticed he played at Syke which I guess is on the hard wickets. It's a bit of a stretch to consider him to be one of the best to play VTCA but he can obviouslybat and looking at the scores doesn't mind batting against South Yarra. It would be nice if you could give me some information on this guy. Secondly I would think 400 runs in 4 hits including the semi is a little pie in the sky or his he that good. What are his strengths etc

so anyone care about the south bonbeach and heatherton going up? and the fact that chelsea and port melboure not getting out of there comfort zone? I find quite funny that they would decline to go up a grade and they would rather spend there time beating up other teams week after week.O'well i guess well look forward to seeing another port/chelsea final shell we o joy.:rolleyes:

leroy1304;347699 said:
so anyone care about the south bonbeach and heatherton going up? and the fact that chelsea and port melboure not getting out of there comfort zone? I find quite funny that they would decline to go up a grade and they would rather spend there time beating up other teams week after week.O'well i guess well look forward to seeing another port/chelsea final shell we o joy.:rolleyes:

Surely Port and Chelsea become part of the restructured (senior) South A? I would have thought the new South A (or whatever it will be called) would be Hampton, Brighton, Maccabi, Cheltenham, Bentleigh, Beaumaris, Port and Chelsea. I wouldn't have thought Port and Chelsea would have a choice given it is an all South division. Am I wrong? Am I missing something?

Is there some official information on this?

Got to feel for the Pom Bentleigh poached from the McKinnon 2's last season to be their 1st XI keeper.

Good pick ups by Bentleigh...I wonder how many points they are worth in the new system. Still like to see clubs develop junior talent rather than take the easy option but I know this is a topic that has been covered before.

AB 5 Star;348018 said:
Got to feel for the Pom Bentleigh poached from the McKinnon 2's last season to be their 1st XI keeper.

Good pick ups by Bentleigh...I wonder how many points they are worth in the new system. Still like to see clubs develop junior talent rather than take the easy option but I know this is a topic that has been covered before.

The points system is up on the VTCA website so have a look !!

AB 5 Star;348018 said:

I agree in relation to developing juniors, but if the Southern clubs want to compete with the Northern teams in Senior division, they need to get talented players from outside their own club into their teams.

And the first step for a club like Bentleigh to even get back into Senior Division is to improve their side with the likes of Roach and Street.

Not sure what the story is with Cole [the Pom]. Word is that he enjoyed his time at Bentleigh, but his stats would indicate he probably didn't perform that well on the field.

Agreed. Not to mention the professionalism it would bring to the club. I still can't fathom clubs spending heaps of money on players though...particularly given the current economic climate.

AB 5 Star;348032 said:
Agreed. Not to mention the professionalism it would bring to the club. I still can't fathom clubs spending heaps of money on players though...particularly given the current economic climate.

Good point. I don't know what Bentleigh are paying those two, but I would assume they don't come cheap. But who knows.

I've heard around the traps that Roach doesn't take any crap, so a few of the Bentleigh pretty boys might be in for a tough pre-season.

southern sledge;347720 said:
Going by past posts, you do miss a fair bit.

Once again, thanks for your insightful contribution.

Anyone got any useful ideas on who might be in Senior South A next season? Leroy, where'd you get your information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back