South Division 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: South A & B

I don't mind the tough love style of leadership...I reckon it gets rid of the blokes who aren't serious. My lowly club has needed some tough love for about 8 years now!

zyxwvu;348109 said:
Once again, thanks for your insightful contribution.

Anyone got any useful ideas on who might be in Senior South A next season? Leroy, where'd you get your information?
Its not useful ideas on here that matter, its what the VTCA decide after submissions from all clubs involved. The VTCA has been conducting meetings with club reps throughout the year and i'm sure you would have been involved at Brighton.

southern sledge;348178 said:
Its not useful ideas on here that matter, its what the VTCA decide after submissions from all clubs involved. The VTCA has been conducting meetings with club reps throughout the year and i'm sure you would have been involved at Brighton.

Thank you for the argument for the sake of argument. There was a conversation started by someone else that I found interesting so I thought I'd try to continue the discussion. But hey, you nipped that in the bud nicely.

I personally haven't heard of any discussion about this matter other than that senior A is gone. Soooo, how about we speculate (given that is what happens a lot of the time anyway on this forum) about who might be in the new competition.

Just for fun...humour me Sledge...without being degrading or pious...can you do it???

southern sledge;348188 said:
Nothing wrong with my last post.
Is it true that Brighton tried to leave the VTCA last year, if so for what reasons ?

No it is not true.

I'd still like to discuss the team structure for next season. Sledge, which teams would you think will make up senior south A? Anyone else got any ideas?

I reckon the interesting one will be MHSOB vs. Port Melbourne. I think you'd definitely have Hampton, Brighton, Maccabi, Bentleigh, Beaumaris, Cheltenham and Chelsea. Then they've gotta decide between promoting a team that didn't win the premiership (Port) or not relegating a team that finished last (MHSOB). Or would MHSOB prefer to go down to South B anyway?

I think the structure is pretty much as you listed but problems with Melb high. They need to be in a section and stay there.....i heard talk of rotating each year...thats rubbish.
Also the biggest problem is higher up in Senior. If there is just going to be 2 south teams in senior then every year you'll have a 50/50 chance of staying up or going down.I guess we are at fault for our own failings some would say.

zyxwvu;348228 said:
No it is not true.

I'd still like to discuss the team structure for next season. Sledge, which teams would you think will make up senior south A? Anyone else got any ideas?

I reckon the interesting one will be MHSOB vs. Port Melbourne. I think you'd definitely have Hampton, Brighton, Maccabi, Bentleigh, Beaumaris, Cheltenham and Chelsea. Then they've gotta decide between promoting a team that didn't win the premiership (Port) or not relegating a team that finished last (MHSOB). Or would MHSOB prefer to go down to South B anyway?
Do you deny Brighton approached the Dandenong comp?

underarm bowler;348232 said:
I think the structure is pretty much as you listed but problems with Melb high. They need to be in a section and stay there.....i heard talk of rotating each year...thats rubbish.
Also the biggest problem is higher up in Senior. If there is just going to be 2 south teams in senior then every year you'll have a 50/50 chance of staying up or going down.I guess we are at fault for our own failings some would say.

Do you reckon they'd relegate a south team from senior every year? I reckon more likely will be the bottom two go down from senior and one from each of senior north and senior south go up. Then they would adjust the number of teams in senior south and senior north by either relegating two teams or promoting two teams to keep it at 8 in each division.

zyxwvu;348304 said:
Do you reckon they'd relegate a south team from senior every year? I reckon more likely will be the bottom two go down from senior and one from each of senior north and senior south go up. Then they would adjust the number of teams in senior south and senior north by either relegating two teams or promoting two teams to keep it at 8 in each division.

Yeah that's what will happen. They will relegate the bottom two sides - not one from North and South. It's the VT's hope that in a few seasons, Senior Division will be more balanced by relegating a few bottom placed North sides.

Interesting to read about Bentleigh's pick ups, although they did need it! Anyone else got news on recruiting in the South?

lifemember;348323 said:
Yeah that's what will happen. They will relegate the bottom two sides - not one from North and South. It's the VT's hope that in a few seasons, Senior Division will be more balanced by relegating a few bottom placed North sides.

Interesting to read about Bentleigh's pick ups, although they did need it! Anyone else got news on recruiting in the South?

Well that raises an interesting point. How do they decide who to promote? The obvious thing would be to promote the North and South A winners. But if they do it as you say, would they have a different finals format?

beached as;348326 said:
Well that raises an interesting point. How do they decide who to promote? The obvious thing would be to promote the North and South A winners. But if they do it as you say, would they have a different finals format?

As what Southern has said, the Premiership winners from South A and North A (or whatever they decide to call the top South and North Division) will go up. The bottom 2 teams in Senior Division will go down, even if it is two of the same division, ie: two north or two south.

What will be interesting is what the VTCA will do to the North A or South A division if two of the same divisions come down. Let's say two North Clubs get relegated from Senior Division at the end of the season (good chance as there are only two South Clubs), and only one North Club comes up (as well as one South Club), I am wondering what will happen to the structure of the North A. Will the VTCA then decide to relegate two North clubs (the bottom two) so as to keep it even, or will they incorporate a 9 team competition with a bye each week?

The problem here is that not every year will be the same. That is, one year you may have two north clubs go down from Senior Division and one year you might have one north and one south. In the event of one north and one south, then no problem - everything is even as one up and one down into each of the divisions. I would like to see what rule they will put in place, because as I say, each year could be potentially different. A second last team may get relegated from North / South A if two of the same division come down and then the next season, the second last team may be safe if only one comes down.

It could make for an interesting last round of next season then.If thats the way they are looking at it then if its tight at the bottom of Senior you wouldn't want to be sat 2nd from bottom of South or North Divisions!
Either way it has to be made clear before round 1. Which was sadly not the case this year in Senior by all accounts.

underarm bowler;348336 said:
It could make for an interesting last round of next season then.If thats the way they are looking at it then if its tight at the bottom of Senior you wouldn't want to be sat 2nd from bottom of South or North Divisions!
Either way it has to be made clear before round 1. Which was sadly not the case this year in Senior by all accounts.

Yeah, it will have to be made clear at the start of the season - am sure it will.

Not sure what you mean by not the case this year in Senior. I thought it was well known that two clubs would be relegated and the two Grand Finalists would go up into Senior. I know our Club had hoped we were in the Grand Final as it would have meant a promotion into Senior Division.

southern sledge;348363 said:
Hampton didn't realise till it was too late.

And whose fault is that ??!! All clubs were told on a number of occasions at meetings and it was within the comp rules published in both Handbook and on the website. Always common practice for clubs to take the easy 'out' and try and blame the comp because they "didnt know"...incompetent fools.

underarm bowler;348336 said:

My club played senior A last year and knew before round 1 that the 2 grand finalists were being promoted (which was good for us). I think you will find that even if 2 north sides are relegated from senior division this year (which is highly likely) that the comp will keep the numbers in each division equal (no bye) and some of the clubs close to town like MHSOB, Port, RPB, Willi, Youlden etc etc may swap between North and South, depending on what is required for that year. Did Port transfer to South a few years ago?

well if it was the case that everyone knew there were alot of people that didn't....from speaking to players at the games from round to round and on this forum there was a lot of split opinions. Its not really a topic of debate really as you should look to win every game and stay well away from the bottom!!!! old news, at least the comp is trying to improve.....and will be a lot more intersting to play in with more 1 dayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back