South Division 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: South A & B

Why has Mr.Darwin Shane Piercy been dropped by Port Melbourne to the seconds, his plane could have been late arriving from Darwin, some very funny stuff going on down there.There is a lot of talk in the South that Port are trying to be the Yarraville Club of the South.
On a positive note Young Adam Ray from Middle Park has had an amazing start to the season taking an incredible 26 wickets in only 3 and a half games.
Its a very tight division this season , Port with all their imports look to be the early favorites but the relegated Chelsea should bounce back to be a force in SA1.

Port Melbourne are a very strong unit, however Chelsea will be a forced to be reckoned with after there years in the upper divisions.

Any thoughts on South B1?

Obviously Heatherton have made a very strong start with Perera already smashing out 3 centuries in his first 4 digs!

Other contenders you would expect to be East Malvern, South Yarra, Bonbeach and Carnegie. It could be very open for the finals spots with 1 or 2 unlucky teams to miss out.

southern sledge;282218 said:
Why has Mr.Darwin Shane Piercy been dropped by Port Melbourne to the seconds, his plane could have been late arriving from Darwin, some very funny stuff going on down there.

Disciplinary reasons...

southern sledge;285301 said:
Didn't he bring enough Darwin players down for round 4 ?

Don't know. But it must of been some mistake in order to drop him after just tonning up.

Don't know why the bother flying down some of the Darwin boys in then 2nds. :confused:

I heard a rumour Port's Josh Boyle gets flown in from WA on the friday night and he flys back out on the Saturday night...

is this true?

i heard he's fairly sharp

Stock6363;290939 said:
I heard a rumour Port's Josh Boyle gets flown in from WA on the friday night and he flys back out on the Saturday night...

is this true?

i heard he's fairly sharp

Must be one hell of a trip given that he lives within a stones throw of the Port ground.
Opened the bowling for Keilor for over 10 years.
I've got to get some of the stuff you guys smoke !!!

Sniffin Around;290966 said:
Must be one hell of a trip given that he lives within a stones throw of the Port ground.
Opened the bowling for Keilor for over 10 years.
I've got to get some of the stuff you guys smoke !!!

some people talk shit hahaha
not a bad bowler but

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;291403 said:
How many players do they have from Darwin, and who has brought them to the club?

They've got at least one in the 1st XI...

And i heard that another 3-4 fly down for their 2's!

I think that Port fly them down...

Not sure if the Permits page is accurate, however it would seem that there are the two blokes who have played in Darwin at any stage. Piercy, looks like it his 3rd season in the VTCA and Lawrence. So I wouldn't think there would be players being flown down to play 2's given that there are 3 or 4 blokes who can't play 1sts under the 'Other X1' rule. Maybe the stuff being smoked is fuzzing peoples eys

southern sledge;291107 said:
He has lived in the Port area for a while i believe, not like some of the other players there

i think you will find he lives in yarraville..stone throw away from mcivor reserve...

Im told it was for disipline reasons. He copped the punishment on the chin and owed it to his team mates, hense a ton was produced!! A very good ton by all reports.

Port have only Shane flying in and out. No others I think.

Darwin Cricket;297723 said:
Im told it was for disipline reasons. He copped the punishment on the chin and owed it to his team mates, hense a ton was produced!! A very good ton by all reports.

Port have only Shane flying in and out. No others I think.

Waste of money if they fly him down each week. Just a hack that swings across the line. Everybody gets lucky doing that at some stage of their career.

I guess everyone has their opinion, and Im sure Shane wouldnt disagree with that assumption.

However his record speaks for itself, has played grade cricket all over Australia and done ok.

Im sure Port would only fly him back and forward if they thought it was a good investment.

PeterFile;302135 said:
Waste of money if they fly him down each week. Just a hack that swings across the line. Everybody gets lucky doing that at some stage of their career.

How about a bit of cricket being discussed? Old Mentonians look to be going well with Seery and Woite? Can Chelsea continue to improve and play finals in South A after dropping a couple of grades? Port and Murrumbeena look to fill the top 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back