South Division 2012/13

Spot on boys, the wicket was the same colour as the outfield. Chelsea's bowling line up is solid but probably not going to get 17 wickets in a day too often! Do Chelsea have there own curator or does the council do the wickets? Interesting result either way.

Own curator he's that oldish ragged looking guy. He's actually a really nice bloke and very knowledgeable about wicket prep. He's mates with the guy who does frankstons wickets in district and when we were talking to him last year was saying that he learnt a lot from him.

I got a wake up in Sat when our opener tossed me a Kooka 'Gold' and asked if it was the right ball.
I was under the impression Kooka 'Platinum' was to be to used in all First XI fixtures. Our delegate & First XI skipper said at the VTCA match committee meeting where it was agreed the premium 'Platinum' ball was to be used over the lower grade 'Gold' one delegate proposed only VTCA Senior be required to use the 'Platinum'. No vote, no other feedback. On this basis we're once again running around playing with a second grade pill. This is a major failing. Apparently this specific match committee meeting was very poorly administered with decisions being made on the run.
On behalf of Parkdale - let us know if plan using 'Gold' when we play you away - we'll bring the platinum and swap you for the 'Gold' ball and throw it around in the nets.
We're asking blokes to kick in $250 per season in subs as a club, the least we can do is get the premium grade ball to play with!

I got a wake up in Sat when our opener tossed me a Kooka 'Gold' and asked if it was the right ball.
I was under the impression Kooka 'Platinum' was to be to used in all First XI fixtures. Our delegate & First XI skipper said at the VTCA match committee meeting where it was agreed the premium 'Platinum' ball was to be used over the lower grade 'Gold' one delegate proposed only VTCA Senior be required to use the 'Platinum'. No vote, no other feedback. On this basis we're once again running around playing with a second grade pill. This is a major failing. Apparently this specific match committee meeting was very poorly administered with decisions being made on the run.
On behalf of Parkdale - let us know if plan using 'Gold' when we play you away - we'll bring the platinum and swap you for the 'Gold' ball and throw it around in the nets.
We're asking blokes to kick in $250 per season in subs as a club, the least we can do is get the premium grade ball to play with!
Your delegate would be better advised to get his hearing checked out. The Platinum ball can be used in all 1st X1's but the home club must supply both balls, but it is only compulsery in Senior Division.
All club Delegates were asked last week for feeback on the balls and all were happy. Maybe you need to go to the meeting yourself mate.

Your captain obviously had his fingers in his ears, his head up his arse, or was asleep at the meeting. There was a vote taken on which ball was to be used and the majority of clubs voted to use the "gold" ball (standard Kooka used by most VMCU affiliated Associations). The Senior division clubs then asked for a seperate vote for them to use the "Platinum" (District standard) in Senior Division 1st XI. This was passed. Some Clubs then asked if the Platinum could be optional in other 2 day divisions, on the proviso that the same ball be used in both innings, this was also passed.
The ball to be used and the options available were clearly pointed out in the summary of minutes of the meeting that my Club received. I assume your Club receives these minutes. The options are also clearly set out on the ball order form that my Club received and I believe is on the website. - Clubs voted in the majority for the "gold ball". If Parkdale are using Platinum, then Heatherton obviously believe that the standard of cricket that you were playing on the weekend only warrants the standard "Gold' ball. Yes the meeting was long and sometimes heated based on the number of Clubs that wanted to have a say. How do I know, unlike you, I was there. But then again it's always the VTCA's fault.

OK. So lower divisions can use either Platinum or Gold balls. How does the VTCA then use the information provided by the captains as to the quality of the ball, if they (the VTDCA) don't know which ball is being used?

It seems very odd to me that the captains can effectively decide which balll to use.

OK. So lower divisions can use either Platinum or Gold balls. How does the VTCA then use the information provided by the captains as to the quality of the ball, if they (the VTDCA) don't know which ball is being used?

It seems very odd to me that the captains can effectively decide which balll to use.
Whats odd champ, its up to the home club. The gold balls are far superior to the Platypus balll as you call them

Did your captain mention that the opposition club gave him the choice of ball to use? im sure he let that one slip under the radar didnt he!

At the end of the day, a good tradie doesnt blame his tools, so a good bowler should be able to bowl any ball whether it be a kooka, platypus, readers, grey-nicholls without having a whinge!

The way your pom was hitting his toes trying to bowl 350kph and bouncers higher than cheech and chong, your ball will be stuffed in 15 overs regardless of the grade of leather.

if you want test quality balls, i hear the aussie side are struggling for numbers, put your hand up for a gig

peace out brother

The point of my comment was the usefulness of the questions on the captains report where they mark the ball. How is the VTCA going to make sense of the answers when they do not know which ball was being used?

To insinuate that we at heatherton had not followed the rules is another blight on your club dales maybe you should check out the rules or send a delegate that will take note of what's being said. To say that our members miss out because we choose not to charge $250+ for there subs I'm here to tell you champ that what we charge is more than adequate. Might just remind you that 2 flags 2 semi finals in the last 5 years says something for what we are doing.

To insinuate that we at heatherton had not followed the rules is another blight on your club dales maybe you should check out the rules or send a delegate that will take note of what's being said. To say that our members miss out because we choose not to charge $250+ for there subs I'm here to tell you champ that what we charge is more than adequate. Might just remind you that 2 flags 2 semi finals in the last 5 years says something for what we are doing.

Pres,
Who cares how much our subs are at heatherton!!!!! remember you can't substitute the Environment we have down at the tunna's with money, Parkdale obviously rate success by how much money they have in the bank at the end of the season (I wonder if the pakdale committee cry if they lose money, like they did 2 seasons ago when they lost a semi final).
Vary rare that you see a player leave the tunna's yet the player turnaround at other VTCA clubsis phenomenal.
Very interesting to hear a PCC second XI player sledge on the weekend, he claimed we are the laughing stock of the VTCA, quite clearly they are doing a great job of taking that trophy to put on their own mantle judging by previous posts on this forum.

To the Heatherton lads who've taken offence- no sleight was intended or even thought of in regards to this. As I said - I got a wake-up on Saturday. You blokes provided a ball that was obviously within the rules.
I had no idea that we were using third grade Platypus balls for so many years until I was told at a VT meeting held in Bentleigh RSL for the purpose of discussing various issues including the ball in the off-season. (With a nod to the other muppet - about the 23rd association/council/committee meeting i've attended this year alone, so apologies for appointing a delegate you clown.)
It was at that meeting where there was near unanimous agreement that the best grade ball be used.
Again with many other issues to be addressed I overlooked the match committee minutes because I assumed the issue had been settled.
I can't work out how you can be satisfied playing with second best available ball. It's obviously priced differently due to the difference in quality. That's not a shot at any particular club, but the analogy of tradesmen and tools doesn't fit. If you buy a cheap piece of equipment that fails to do the job satisfactorily, you'd be a mug to buy it again. The point is we've been down that path already.
Anyway that's my opinion, offer still stands and apologies to Heatherton boys - some great sportsmanship shown by your lads on Saturday and I'd hate to detract from that in the middle of a match.

To the Heatherton lads who've taken offence- no sleight was intended or even thought of in regards to this. As I said - I got a wake-up on Saturday. You blokes provided a ball that was obviously within the rules.
I had no idea that we were using third grade Platypus balls for so many years until I was told at a VT meeting held in Bentleigh RSL for the purpose of discussing various issues including the ball in the off-season. (With a nod to the other muppet - about the 23rd association/council/committee meeting i've attended this year alone, so apologies for appointing a delegate you clown.)
It was at that meeting where there was near unanimous agreement that the best grade ball be used.
Again with many other issues to be addressed I overlooked the match committee minutes because I assumed the issue had been settled.
I can't work out how you can be satisfied playing with second best available ball. It's obviously priced differently due to the difference in quality. That's not a shot at any particular club, but the analogy of tradesmen and tools doesn't fit. If you buy a cheap piece of equipment that fails to do the job satisfactorily, you'd be a mug to buy it again. The point is we've been down that path already.
Anyway that's my opinion, offer still stands and apologies to Heatherton boys - some great sportsmanship shown by your lads on Saturday and I'd hate to detract from that in the middle of a match.

No probs bud, it seemed like a swipe was being taken at our club, thanks for clarifying that you weren't, I agree tht Saturdays actions shouldn't be ruined by some comments on a forum like this, so know we should look forward to the after mtch beers on Saturday, which I can assure you ARE top of the range haha.

Pres,
Who cares how much our subs are at heatherton!!!!! remember you can't substitute the Environment we have down at the tunna's with money, Parkdale obviously rate success by how much money they have in the bank at the end of the season (I wonder if the pakdale committee cry if they lose money, like they did 2 seasons ago when they lost a semi final).
Vary rare that you see a player leave the tunna's yet the player turnaround at other VTCA clubsis phenomenal.
Very interesting to hear a PCC second XI player sledge on the weekend, he claimed we are the laughing stock of the VTCA, quite clearly they are doing a great job of taking that trophy to put on their own mantle judging by previous posts on this forum.

I think that "laughing stock" comment was because because your keeper who is very very good on the chat was because he roped that batsmen in. I was out there batting (very poorly) with him and it was more a throw away line than anything else. We've played against rhino Scotty and a few other boys many times in recent years and you guys are a great bunch of blokes.

Mate, 4 turned up for training, 3 from Bentleigh 3's and 4's and 1 from Parkdale, great kids but we can't have a team with thats all we've got. Its a shame as comps like Eastern force their kids to play and if they don't they can't play for their club and i wouldn't think VTCA clubs would cop that. I also believe one of our great posters on here was going to put in a winter going through the clubs picking out players, but was distracted by the shit he posts on here.
Fairgo, i hope we will be up and running again next year, any help would be great and thanks for the interest

Can anyone explain why Bentleigh don't play there 3's and 4's in the VTCA in an attempt to support the competition that their 1's and 2's play in?

Back