Squads for West Indies Tour

Re: Squads for West Indies Tour

el-capitano;218327 said:
Are we going to start up a West Indies tour thread in the current tours forum or just keep using this?? :)

I started one up- edit it, if you need to change the title ;)

el-capitano;218327 said:
Are we going to start up a West Indies tour thread in the current tours forum or just keep using this?? :)

We can send the match day discussion over to there but between test can happen in here and also in the West Indies forum.

What a shame that Hayden is injured, the poor Aussie fans may have to see Hodgey wear the baggy green again :D

eddiesmith;218428 said:
What a shame that Hayden is injured, the poor Aussie fans may have to see Hodgey wear the baggy green again :D

Let's hope not. @|

Hayden out, Katich and Hodge to play

Hayden ruled out with heel injury
Cricinfo staff
May 22, 2008

Simon Katich will return to the Test team as an opener after Matthew Hayden was ruled out of Thursday's match against West Indies with a heel injury. The move was expected as Hayden, who was so sore he did not have a fitness test, has struggled with the problem over the early stages of the tour, but it further disrupts Australia's batting plans.​

Unlucky for Hayden but good to see Katich back in the line up once again. Time to step up to the play Hodge

Changes this week for the Aussies?

Hayden in ? for Katich

Clarke in for Hodge

Logical choices but Hayden still in doubt with bruised heal

Not to worry, Shaun Marsh looks the best we've had in a while. Hados has done his bit regardless of what happens from here. This kid has the makings of a legend I recon. His temprement is ideal for an opener and he has a solid defence. Most of all I like his free flowing technique-really only apparent in the great players, because you must see the ball so early to be able to play with such effortlessness. I hope he kicks on.

Watson has been called up to replace Hayden in the one-day squad.

Watson to replace Hayden in the one-dayers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well deserved. Played very well in the IPL and ended up getting the Man of the Series award. Been in good form with the bat and ball over there and he always plays well in one-dayers.

Good stuff Watto.

Hospital- Yeah he did well in the IPL.

One thing though that the National selectors seemed to have missed. He didn't open the batting in the IPL- he batted predominantly at 4.

Lets look back at how he did as opener in the Pura Cup, against our powerhouse state bowlers. He averaged something ridiculous like 3 or 4 from 6 innings.

We might as well drop Ponting to four and put another opener in at 3 to cover for when Watson gets out for single figures...... again.

Not that I should really worry, he'll injure himself soon enough, and we can put in a proper opener! ;)

el-capitano;219689 said:
Hospital- Yeah he did well in the IPL.

One thing though that the National selectors seemed to have missed. He didn't open the batting in the IPL- he batted predominantly at 4.

Lets look back at how he did as opener in the Pura Cup, against our powerhouse state bowlers. He averaged something ridiculous like 3 or 4 from 6 innings.

We might as well drop Ponting to four and put another opener in at 3 to cover for when Watson gets out for single figures...... again.

Not that I should really worry, he'll injure himself soon enough, and we can put in a proper opener! ;)

I agree his selection isn't warranted to jump into the Aussie line up

I am guessing that Hussey will open and Watson fit into the middle order because even against the West Indies we will be going out there pretty much 1 down, he is a free wicket up the top order.

S Marsh should of got the gig to fit into the Australian the easiet, send him out with an open ticket to smack the ball to all parts of the ground

Haddin in doubt, Ronchi joins squad

http://cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=41467

Western Australian wicket-keeper Luke Ronchi will travel to the West Indies as a ‘shadow’ player for the injured Brad Haddin who is currently suffering from a broken finger.

Haddin, who suffered the injury to the ring finger of his right hand during the first Test of Australia VB Tour of the West Indies in Kingston, had scans on the finger after the second Test in Antigua.

Cricket Australia National Selection Panel Chairman Andrew Hilditch said:

“Due to Brad Haddin’s injured finger and as a precaution against him missing the third Test and a part of the one-day series, Luke Ronchi will join the Australian touring team. The need for Luke to remain with the squad will be decided as Brad Haddin’s fitness becomes clearer,” Hilditch said.

“Luke has had a very strong season in all forms of interstate cricket and preformed very well on the Australia A team’s tour at the start of the 2007-08 season. He is ready for any opportunity that may present itself and will benefit greatly from his time in the Australian environment in the West Indies,” Hilditch concluded.

It is intended Luke Ronchi will travel to the West Indies at the earliest convenience with further details to be released when available.

Looks like there might be another debut!

West Australian player Luke Ronchi has been added to the Australian squad after Brad Haddin broke his finger in the first test against the West Indies. Haddin played the second test in Antigua but his finger has not responded well to treatment and he is consequently in doubt for the third test to begin in Barbados on June 12.

It is expected that Ronchi will fly to te West Ines at the earliest available time.

Haddin breaks finger

Ronchi added to Australian squad

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes!! bad luck for Haddin but great news for Ronchi. I picked Ronchi as the man behind Haddin for the wicketkeeping spot and I was correct. Ronchi is easily the best keeper in the country behind Haddin.

I hope Luke gets a game if Haddin doesn't come up for the third test, Ronchi has that X-factor, there is no telling what he could do if he gets going.

Casson is playing in the next test, which is a bit of suprise. GOod luck to the kid number 401 test player

Guru™;220276 said:
Casson is playing in the next test, which is a bit of suprise. GOod luck to the kid number 401 test player

I feel sorry for Noffke, what more can the bloke do??

Jolldo87;220308 said:
I feel sorry for Noffke, what more can the bloke do??

Agree its like the selectors are scared to go in without a spinner.

Michael Clarke and Katich can roll their arms over with some little tweakers here and there

Guru™;220339 said:

Michael Clarke and Katich can roll their arms over with some little tweakers here and there

As can Symonds.

Guru™;220339 said:

Jolldo87;220347 said:
As can Symonds.

They're hardly frontline spinners though. They'd be more likely to go with Clarke, Katich and Symonds as the spinners for the one-dayers rather than the tests.

Back