Subbies 2010-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Subbies 2010-11

How are everybodies grounds looking? Box Hill out for Round 1. I don't think they will be the only one. Elsternwick Park is no good from football reports.

Puppeteer;408621 said:
How are everybodies grounds looking? Box Hill out for Round 1. I don't think they will be the only one. Elsternwick Park is no good from football reports.

I'd be genuinely surprised if we get on for round one (either week) at all.

B&G OCC;408738 said:
I'd be genuinely surprised if we get on for round one (either week) at all.

I would be very suprised if Croydon and Bayswater were right for Rd 2, after EFL Finals at Bayswater and Croydon being a bog all year!

Croydon was the driest pitch I have ever played on during the finals, and the outfield was dangerous - the score the pitch received from Captain's was reflective of this view. Amazing the way the weather works to now turn it into a swamp.

Not a slight on CCC, council didn't come to the party to improve the surface.

All play cancelled for Saturday October 2.

The Executive Committee has decided that all play scheduled for Saturday October 2 has been cancelled.

Round One has been re-scheduled as a one day fixture and will be played on Oct 16, while round Two will also be a one day fixture to be played on Oct 23.

Very sensible solution to a frustrating problem.

yeah think the fixture was planned well originally and then of course this move is a great common sense one by the exec! Have to give them full marks!

Weather isn't looking great for early next week I hope we don't get too much rain otherwise round 1 will be cancelled altogether. Are there any more gun recruits that we haven't heard about?

Tim Knox has come across from Carlton he played 3's first half of last year and finished in the 2's. He is a quality medium pace bowler. Wickers looking good so far this pre season I think they could challenge for a top 6 spot this year and then shake a few up in the finals.

So, no play again this week:
http://vsdca.cricketvictoria.com.au...iewListing;plugin_data_id=101260;site_id=1502

Is the VSDCA now a joke ?

How come other turf wicket comps are playing and the Subbies aren't. Maybe the cosy boys on the executive should have said: if your ground is playable, play, and for those that are not then the home team defaults and the away team gets say 2 points as compensation. I bet a lot more grounds would have been available then !

So, no play again this week:
http://vsdca.cricketvictoria.com.au...iewListing;plugin_data_id=101260;site_id=1502

Is the VSDCA now a joke ?

How come other turf wicket comps are playing and the Subbies aren't. Maybe the cosy boys on the executive should have said: if your ground is playable, play, and for those that are not then the home team defaults and the away team gets say 2 points as compensation. I bet a lot more grounds would have been available then !

Happy to lsoe the 2 points tomorrow Sammy? Or is your ground playable? A completely ridiculous argument above, the councils are wholly and solely to blame, not the clubs. Do you really think we don't want to play?

Happy to lsoe the 2 points tomorrow Sammy? Or is your ground playable? A completely ridiculous argument above, the councils are wholly and solely to blame, not the clubs. Do you really think we don't want to play?

B&G OCC i read in the herald sun a while back a bloke i think your scorer does proffesional print ups of matchday scorecards/centuries and 5 fa's and so forth......i did rip the article out of the paper for future reference wondering if you could help me out with a ph number/website i can go as ive lost the article......send me a pm if you wouldnt mind......

cheers browny!!!

Tim Knox has come across from Carlton he played 3's first half of last year and finished in the 2's. He is a quality medium pace bowler. Wickers looking good so far this pre season I think they could challenge for a top 6 spot this year and then shake a few up in the finals.

Wow! You'd be a great chance now with Knoxy on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back