Subbies 2011/12

Good weekend for the Oaks. With Caulfield shock losers in the "ones" and Melton getting "pantsed" in 3 out of 4 grades, it looks like you have sewed up the Kenny Fewster. McGuiness is "flying" and would appear to be the "missing link" in your batting.

What about it. B&G OCC, what's next? The T20 and a a stack of flags would finish off a fairly solid year.
OMG, I can't wait to see what appears on your website if this was to happen. Still, you have to be every chance. I am assuming you will have a "guest player" in the T20 semi.

Ha, its a long season S&W, I'd suggest that many times across the grades some of the form teams in December/January have not quite been amongst it come March. We certainly hope to rectify a less than desirable strike rate this season, but very aware there are a lot of teams desperate to win it all as well!

We'll be certainly giving our all to the coming game and any finals should we qualify.

Very diplomatic, B&G OCC, and I would expect nothing less, err, except "we're taking it one week at a time and we're happy just to get the 6 points." We know your site moderator has his thesauras by his side and can't wait to unleash the superlatives when you romp home with the T20 title.

So is it yea or nay on the "ring in" for the T20 finals?

An unbelievable Round 9, with plenty of interesting results. This week's games throw up some moe:

Ormond v Williamstown: Can the Monders bounce back? Picking them, but would not surprise if Willy get up
Elsternwick v Moorabbin: Another inetersting game. Eletrnwick back to the winners circle but Binners going well. Wicks just
Melton v Yarravile: Melton upping their game, should win comfortably
Sunshine v Altona: Good win by both clubs last week, Altona fantastic. Can't go past that form!
Caulfield v Brighton: Got a first hand look at Manser this week who is a lot bettr than I thought he would be. That said, Caulfield won't drop 2 in a row!
Kingston v Malvern: Great win by the Saints, Malvern just couldn't get over the line, Saints to win
Werribee v RPB: Werribbe comfortably.

SS - Manseer hasn't performed as well as Brighton would have hoped. What were your impressions? He's a class player who surely is due to rip through a team soon.
Pace wise, up there with Harwood & Inness. Is a super athlete in the field and handy with the bat. Speaking after the game, seems a really good bloke as well, I think they've got a good one there. Will be interesting to see how he goes this week without restrictions, teams probably sit on him a bit!

Pace wise, up there with Harwood & Inness. Is a super athlete in the field and handy with the bat. Speaking after the game, seems a really good bloke as well, I think they've got a good one there. Will be interesting to see how he goes this week without restrictions, teams probably sit on him a bit!
Inness and Manser not even close pace wise to Harwood. Anyways some very interesting scores this week, Caulfield look right up against it against it for the second week in a row! 290 is a big target!! Speaking of Harwood I notice that he only bowled 3 balls against Yarraville, any idea what happened there? Melton also up against it chasing 277! If Ormond and Werribee get up it makes the top 4 very very tight!

Inness and Manser not even close pace wise to Harwood. Anyways some very interesting scores this week, Caulfield look right up against it against it for the second week in a row! 290 is a big target!! Speaking of Harwood I notice that he only bowled 3 balls against Yarraville, any idea what happened there? Melton also up against it chasing 277! If Ormond and Werribee get up it makes the top 4 very very tight!
Yeah, probably not but a lot quicker than most in the group. Bit of a post-Christmas malaise up the top of the ladder?

Good job on the weekend, SS. one more for the old guys. Disappointing that your bats have thrown back some of the hard won advantage.

As far as sides chasing big totals, the grounds were lightning fast after very little water for for two weeks due to the Hatch Shield. Given, half reasonable conditions, I still think the "big kids" will chase those totals down. But either way, its gunna be a fair challenge, and if either one falter, the pack will be all over them.

No good for the Saints on the Weekend? Do you think the Roosters are a chance of finals?
Not sure Herbert. Their batting is not quite there, still have a very good bowling attack. They need to play Caulfield and Melton as well, however, hoipefully we stop them this week!

Good job on the weekend, SS. one more for the old guys. Disappointing that your bats have thrown back some of the hard won advantage.

As far as sides chasing big totals, the grounds were lightning fast after very little water for for two weeks due to the Hatch Shield. Given, half reasonable conditions, I still think the "big kids" will chase those totals down. But either way, its gunna be a fair challenge, and if either one falter, the pack will be all over them.
Yes, disappointing end to a good day! Have thrown away early wickets too many times this year. Have to win this one if we want to play finals!

Grounds are lightning quick. Anything north of 250 can still be got if you bat well!

Not sure Herbert. Their batting is not quite there, still have a very good bowling attack. They need to play Caulfield and Melton as well, however, hoipefully we stop them this week!
Is Enwhistle still in? Who is your tip for top 4? The last round is going to be a massive one with match ups like werribee v Caulfield and Brighton V Ormond!

Is Enwhistle still in? Who is your tip for top 4? The last round is going to be a massive one with match ups like werribee v Caulfield and Brighton V Ormond!
Yep, Whiz still in. Top 4, can't go past the 4 that are already there.

Interesting to see if Harwood has done a hammy, probably looks from afar that this is what has happened!

Jeebus! sounds painful! Yuk! You blokes a chance to get over Ormond? I see Sheedy knocked up another ton!

Did he fall on it? Surely he could not have carried it into the game!

Got to give yourself a chance Herbert, runs on the board with Inness in the attack and Mansoor already out. Hansen is going to be a big part of their innings but either way we are pretty confident.

SS not too sure about the circumstances but that is what I heard but 3 balls in could suggest that he carried it in and was just going to see how it went although that is purely speculation. Either way you would think he would still have played considering how well he has gone this season with the willow.

Back