Subbies 2011/12

Huge game for us this week. Brighton vs Ormond in Round 13 could be huge also, should be a cracking 5 weeks of cricket leading into the finals.

speaking of ormond........

how much in terms of percentage will they lose for being absolute half back flankers in the game on the weekend.......both captians have to agree at 5.30 in the game is called off or not.....spoke to the great man he wanted to call it quits.......at 5.30 and with 20+ overs to go they kept playing......not the smartest thing to do after getting smashed and also with the ladder being so close.......surely fines to come as well......

this week a bit worried about o'shea(last time i played against him got a fiddy and a 5fa).....inness will look after him........big games every week.......

ywl......your boys were fantastic on the weekend showed the willy spirit when it counted........

Speaking of the"great man" I see all the pundits have left him out of their team of the year to date.
Leads the batting with 464 @66 with 17 wickets @17,a puzzling ommision I reckon.
Still the pre-eminent bat in the comp with Pradeep and McGuinness,thoughts boys??

Speaking of the"great man" I see all the pundits have left him out of their team of the year to date.
Leads the batting with 464 @66 with 17 wickets @17,a puzzling ommision I reckon.
Still the pre-eminent bat in the comp with Pradeep and McGuinness,thoughts boys??

To be fair, the first midway team was suggested prior to scores of 62*, 101, & 73* and when he had just 10 wickets. Averages at that point were just >40 with bat and >24 with ball, figures to make all but the very best jealous but probably out of top 11 contention at that point. If the TOTY was revisited right now, I'd be very surprised if we didn't see the 2011 Hatch Medalist in his customary top order position.

Congratulations, B&G OCC on what must have been a thrilling T20 win on Tuesday night. You are still well placed to complete the "treble." The reason I know you had a win was because of the haste the result was posted on your website.

How did you go last weekend against Plenty Valley? A fairly diligent search failed to locate the usual glowing match reports. Funny that, I wasn't able to find the last game of the season for the last 3 years which co incidently, were season ending finals lossess.

Congratulations, B&G OCC on what must have been a thrilling T20 win on Tuesday night. You are still well placed to complete the "treble." The reason I know you had a win was because of the haste the result was posted on your website.

How did you go last weekend against Plenty Valley? A fairly diligent search failed to locate the usual glowing match reports. Funny that, I wasn't able to find the last game of the season for the last 3 years which co incidently, were season ending finals lossess.

absolute gold s&W

Tee he,an abridged version by a "staff writer":) now appears less the usual superlatives,anyhow now to look at round 11 in S?W.
Willy v Elsty-probably the match of the round,will stick with the home side in what should be a ripper,sheedy in imperious form as usual the key wicket,Innes will have to be at his best to counter Shea,Christensen,Sholtz etc.
Yarra v Ormond-the visitors will be out to halt the slide which could see them slide out of the top 4 ,hard one to pick but with Harrison now firing will tip the Eagles with no real confidence.
Altona v Melton-back in form after a mid-season slump I reckon the A's can pull off a shock here,no Butch for Melton and if Harwood cant bowl an upset's on the cards.
Brighton v Sunshine-back to their best with a crushing win over a stuttering Caulfield the silvertails will be too good for the Crows who have shown a bit lately.
Malvern v Caulfield- in the tradition of Liverpool v Everton,Man Utd v Man City the biggest local derby in Subbies takes place at Malvern tomorrow,always a fierce contest tomorrow should be no different.
The visitors will be keen to get back in the winners circle after some indifferent performances of late and should bounce back especially as Malvern have lost their pom who's gone home early [could never work out why clubs get blokes out here who go home before the finals,what's the point?]
RPB v Kingston Sts-been a long year for the combine playing away every week and a much improved Saints outfit will take the points here and keep their fnals hopes alive
Moorabbin v Werribee-as YWL tipped early on Werribee the most improved side in the comp and with their powerful batting line up in Wolfe the Deans ,OBrien etc will be too good good for the Binners ever reliant on The prolific Pradeep.
Hopefully the weather co-operates and doesnt interrupt an intriguing round of cricket,good luck to all.

Tee he,an abridged version by a "staff writer":) now appears less the usual superlatives,anyhow now to look at round 11 in S?W.
Willy v Elsty-probably the match of the round,will stick with the home side in what should be a ripper,sheedy in imperious form as usual the key wicket,Innes will have to be at his best to counter Shea,Christensen,Sholtz etc.
Yarra v Ormond-the visitors will be out to halt the slide which could see them slide out of the top 4 ,hard one to pick but with Harrison now firing will tip the Eagles with no real confidence.
Altona v Melton-back in form after a mid-season slump I reckon the A's can pull off a shock here,no Butch for Melton and if Harwood cant bowl an upset's on the cards.
Brighton v Sunshine-back to their best with a crushing win over a stuttering Caulfield the silvertails will be too good for the Crows who have shown a bit lately.
Malvern v Caulfield- in the tradition of Liverpool v Everton,Man Utd v Man City the biggest local derby in Subbies takes place at Malvern tomorrow,always a fierce contest tomorrow should be no different.
The visitors will be keen to get back in the winners circle after some indifferent performances of late and should bounce back especially as Malvern have lost their pom who's gone home early [could never work out why clubs get blokes out here who go home before the finals,what's the point?]
RPB v Kingston Sts-been a long year for the combine playing away every week and a much improved Saints outfit will take the points here and keep their fnals hopes alive
Moorabbin v Werribee-as YWL tipped early on Werribee the most improved side in the comp and with their powerful batting line up in Wolfe the Deans ,OBrien etc will be too good good for the Binners ever reliant on The prolific Pradeep.
Hopefully the weather co-operates and doesnt interrupt an intriguing round of cricket,good luck to all.
Agree with all, hopefully the weather is kind.

Anything interesting to report on from Saturday? Ormond had a shocker. How were most of the decks after some rain? Well done too to Tim O'Brien on a massive hundred.

Anything interesting to report on from Saturday? Ormond had a shocker. How were most of the decks after some rain? Well done too to Tim O'Brien on a massive hundred.
Nothing from our game. Good 100 by the little opener, including some cheeky ramp shots (one off me didn't go down too well!). Ormond all of a sudden looking extremely vulnerable!

Fair Dinkum, boys, I feel like I'm on Media Watch. I just had a look at the Oaks site,and OUR BOY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!.

The superlatives are flying. However, perhaps he should temper the rhetoric with just a tad of accuracy.
His latest offering has the Oaks winning the "Kenny Fewster" for a record 4th time, which is a genuinely magnificent (to borrow one one his terms) effort. ERR, except the boys out west have won 4 out of the last six. Perhaps they go for record EQUALLING.

We all remember the last time you "jagged" it. Quote, unquote "This award clearly stamps Oakleigh as the standout club in Subbies cricket." Remember, we will be watching.

Just to help with any future glories, Melton has played in ALL previous T20 finals, for 2 wins and a runners up. They have played in the last 4 finals, for 3 flags and a runners up, and have won 4 of the last 6 " Kennies."

You've still got a bit of work to do!!!!!!!!!

Fair Dinkum, boys, I feel like I'm on Media Watch. I just had a look at the Oaks site,and OUR BOY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!.

The superlatives are flying. However, perhaps he should temper the rhetoric with just a tad of accuracy.
His latest offering has the Oaks winning the "Kenny Fewster" for a record 4th time, which is a genuinely magnificent (to borrow one one his terms) effort. ERR, except the boys out west have won 4 out of the last six. Perhaps they go for record EQUALLING.

We all remember the last time you "jagged" it. Quote, unquote "This award clearly stamps Oakleigh as the standout club in Subbies cricket." Remember, we will be watching.

Just to help with any future glories, Melton has played in ALL previous T20 finals, for 2 wins and a runners up. They have played in the last 4 finals, for 3 flags and a runners up, and have won 4 of the last 6 " Kennies."

Like it S&W! I did note that the media report for the Plenty Valley game was very slow in happening. However, I will not bag a bloke for talking up his club, nothing wrong with that.

Next couple of weeks are going to be pretty big in the South West division with some cracking games to determine who plays finals.

ahhhhhhh......

you recon melton in a bit of trouble this week???? willy in trouble with the top 4 out.......though dont mess with a wounded seagull!!!!.........ormond to miss the top 6 imo........

roxy/broady 9/40 odd dec in the 4ths???prez team was short or a sporting declaration........

Looks like Williamstown now out of the running and last position to be decided between Ormond and Brighton. If results go as expected then week 1 finals will be
Melton v KS
Werribee v Ormond/Brighton
Caulfield v Elsternwick. Plenty can change however Yarraville and Altona can influence

Looks like Williamstown now out of the running and last position to be decided between Ormond and Brighton. If results go as expected then week 1 finals will be
Melton v KS
Werribee v Ormond/Brighton
Caulfield v Elsternwick. Plenty can change however Yarraville and Altona can influence
Not quite that easy brightboy.

We need to win both games to guarantee a spot. Going on the proviso there are no outrights, winner of Brighton/Ormong will finish 4th, if we win, we'll finish 5th and Elsternwick 6th. If we drop one, and this week's game against Werribee is crunch time, we could be out. Will be a ripping finish to the year!

Not quite that easy brightboy.

We need to win both games to guarantee a spot. Going on the proviso there are no outrights, winner of Brighton/Ormong will finish 4th, if we win, we'll finish 5th and Elsternwick 6th. If we drop one, and this week's game against Werribee is crunch time, we could be out. Will be a ripping finish to the year!

Correct SS it is going to be a great finish to the year! I have doubts weather "Ormong" will be able to overcome Brighton however they should account for Altona. If Brighton drop games to both Melton and Ormond they could miss out all together. SS you need to pull off a mega upset to get over Werribee, stranger things have happened though, all the best I hope you get up! Willy not out of it by any stretch! If they win both games and Ormond drop 1 game they could pip Ormond on percentage. Either way its exciting times!

Correct SS it is going to be a great finish to the year! I have doubts weather "Ormong" will be able to overcome Brighton however they should account for Altona. If Brighton drop games to both Melton and Ormond they could miss out all together. SS you need to pull off a mega upset to get over Werribee, stranger things have happened though, all the best I hope you get up! Willy not out of it by any stretch! If they win both games and Ormond drop 1 game they could pip Ormond on percentage. Either way its exciting times!
Certainly is! Go into this week with plenty of confidence, as I'm sure Werribee do. We have played some really good, 'grinding' cricket over the last 4-5 games and need to continue.

Must be some worries at Caulfield after the last 3 games, haven't come back after Christmas. There batting has been poor since Christmas. Any reasoning as to why Cross hasn't played the last 2 weeks?

Certainly is! Go into this week with plenty of confidence, as I'm sure Werribee do. We have played some really good, 'grinding' cricket over the last 4-5 games and need to continue.

Must be some worries at Caulfield after the last 3 games, haven't come back after Christmas. There batting has been poor since Christmas. Any reasoning as to why Cross hasn't played the last 2 weeks?
Yeah Caulfield have really stunk it up with the bat. The loss to Altona was a real shocker. Their bowling seems to be getting hit around a fair bit as well, this Singh hasnt really set the world on fire either. Grinding cricket is what you need to be playing at this time of year, your in good form so who knows.

From a subbies fan point of view terrific to see Kingston and Endeavour in the thick of it wiht a couple of games to go, and destiny in their own hands. It can be a very tough competition and some new teams finally finding some success is very welcomed.

In the NE. looks like it will also go down to the wire, the top 3 should retain their positions, but 6 clubs are still legitiimately playing for 4,5 & 6. A really good season in 2012/13 with a lot of surprise results and temas normally contending replaced by some up and comers.

From a subbies fan point of view terrific to see Kingston and Endeavour in the thick of it wiht a couple of games to go, and destiny in their own hands. It can be a very tough competition and some new teams finally finding some success is very welcomed.

In the NE. looks like it will also go down to the wire, the top 3 should retain their positions, but 6 clubs are still legitiimately playing for 4,5 & 6. A really good season in 2012/13 with a lot of surprise results and temas normally contending replaced by some up and comers.
Agree, good to see some 'non traditional' finalists challenging!

Back