Subbies 2011/12

p-toe..

I could define it if i was from endeavour hills..

Great signing by Kingston Saints as well with Craig entwistle.. Very good cricket brain... Will do very well.. 3 year deal is a big effort... Maybe its part of a grand plan to get them into a powerhouse...

Re why he has played at so many clubs.. Its the opportunity of playing 1 XI district cricket.. Couldnt get a game at frankston.. Went to hawthorn.. Left Hawthorn to play closer to home.. Couldnt hold his spot at Casey so he went back to Hawthorn to finish at the club where his 1XI career started...

Another couple of HATCH Medal Contenders:

Mara Perera (Noble Park)

R2 v Oak - 2 votes
R3 v Bays - 2 votes
R7 v EHills - 3 votes
R11 v Moor - 1 vote
R12 v Croy - 3 votes

Total: 11 Votes

Aaron Shellie (Coburg)

R3 v Yarr - 3 votes
R7 v Bruns - 2 votes
R8 v Pres - 3 votes
R10 v Will - 3 votes
R11 v PV - 3 votes

Total: 14 Votes

p-toe..

I could define it if i was from endeavour hills..

Great signing by Kingston Saints as well with Craig entwistle.. Very good cricket brain... Will do very well.. 3 year deal is a big effort... Maybe its part of a grand plan to get them into a powerhouse...

Re why he has played at so many clubs.. Its the opportunity of playing 1 XI district cricket.. Couldnt get a game at frankston.. Went to hawthorn.. Left Hawthorn to play closer to home.. Couldnt hold his spot at Casey so he went back to Hawthorn to finish at the club where his 1XI career started...

I agree it is a fantastic signing. Who cares if he played for 3 premier clubs, he is at Kingston Saints next season and it is a great signing for them. The bloke has played over 200 premier games and scored over 4000 runs and taken over 100 wickets at 1st XI level, he should dominate subbies over the coming years.

Dominate would be great, sound would be good. With few losses from this year, 500 runs would be the icing on the cake. Our goal is to play finals next season and this is a great step in the right direction!

Good signing? Possibly. Dominate Subbies? I don't think so. How many Premier Cricketers come into Subbies and dominate?

I believe he is very capable of making 500 runs and taking 20 wickets at this level and I reckon that's pretty close to dominating.

As far as others go I reckon Sheedy, Bartlett, Damiano, Allen, Lewis, Gill, Goldsmith and Travaglia have gone pretty close to dominating subbies for at least one season over the past few seasons. I may be completely wrong though and we may have different definitions of 'dominating' the competition but I'll stand my ground on this one.

Only 8 guys made over 500 runs past season. Whilst maybe 500 runs may not be dominating, each team that has a 500 run player is in a strong position.

R.E hatch medal, boys any idea who may take the youn gplayer of the year award? Which young kids had a crack?[/quote
]On the subject of young kids having a crack, how about the performance of the 15yo Joseph Blake for Sunshine in the one's this season. Subbies Stats show he came 27th in the bowling with 19 wickets at 15 apiece (limited to no more than 6 over spells), and 42nd in the batting with 233 @ 25.89. Won his club's batting and bowling averages and the highest aggregate points based on the officiating umpires' 1,2&3 votes. Also scored the highest number of runs in W J Dowling Shield. I am sure there will be other youngsters that have done well this season in the ones and would be interested to know who they are, so, if they have a crack at Premier Cricket, I know they came from a subbies club.

Waste of time tweeting if you are not going to name them. Are big recruits big names or big by size? Still advertising for a CC on their website.

Hope they have got some good ones, have struggled to pull names and would be what they need.

Latest tweet has EHCC recruiting 9 1st XI players for next year. No names as yet, but watch this space. Maybe waiting for the tour of the West Indies to finish.

Agreed,total waste of time,any player signing news boys?,heard a whisper at footy that Willy have signed Matthew Inness ex Vic and WA left armer,huge coup if true.
YWL could you confirm?

Agreed,total waste of time,any player signing news boys?,heard a whisper at footy that Willy have signed Matthew Inness ex Vic and WA left armer,huge coup if true.
YWL could you confirm?
Apparently they announced it at their presentation night. You're right, a massive coup. I reckon he was one of the fastest to 100 wickets in Shield history and would only be early thirties now. With the mooted return of Speakman and Smith, they would have to be right in the "mix' in the "super" group next year.

Nice work by Kew to pick up Sheedy. Which TWO are they actually paying, just for the record?

The VSDCA Selection Panel have announced the following 23 players from which the 2011/12 Team of the Year will be named.

Each club will have the opportunity to submit one entry attempting to match the selectors final XII in batting order, plus naming a captain. Team and winning club will be announced on the HATCH Medal night.

M.ALLEN (Melton), B.BARRY (Preston), S.CONWAY (Malvern), P.CROSS (Caulfield), R.DAMIANO (Caulfield), S.DEAN (Werribee), F.GILL (Kew), D.GLEDHILL (Kew), B.HODGES (Williamstown), L.INGRAM (Plenty Valley), A.KING (Caulfield),
R.MAWZOON (Noble Park), A.MAYNARD (Altona), D.McKay (Brunswick), C.O'NEILL (Elsternwick), B.O'SHEA (Elsternwick), M.PERERA (Noble Park), M.PERERA (Malvern), B.PINWILL (Oakleigh), H.PRITCHARD (Caulfield), A.SHELLIE (Coburg), J.TRAVAGLIA (Oakleigh), B.WATERMAN (Kew)

The VSDCA Selection Panel have announced the following 23 players from which the 2011/12 Team of the Year will be named.

Each club will have the opportunity to submit one entry attempting to match the selectors final XII in batting order, plus naming a captain. Team and winning club will be announced on the HATCH Medal night.

M.ALLEN (Melton), B.BARRY (Preston), S.CONWAY (Malvern), P.CROSS (Caulfield), R.DAMIANO (Caulfield), S.DEAN (Werribee), F.GILL (Kew), D.GLEDHILL (Kew), B.HODGES (Williamstown), L.INGRAM (Plenty Valley), A.KING (Caulfield),
R.MAWZOON (Noble Park), A.MAYNARD (Altona), D.McKay (Brunswick), C.O'NEILL (Elsternwick), B.O'SHEA (Elsternwick), M.PERERA (Noble Park), M.PERERA (Malvern), B.PINWILL (Oakleigh), H.PRITCHARD (Caulfield), A.SHELLIE (Coburg), J.TRAVAGLIA (Oakleigh), B.WATERMAN (Kew)
Pretty good lot, although there is at least one name I shake my head at.

Don't know how Joel Tom didn't get a gig, deserves to be there.

Apparently they announced it at their presentation night. You're right, a massive coup. I reckon he was one of the fastest to 100 wickets in Shield history and would only be early thirties now. With the mooted return of Speakman and Smith, they would have to be right in the "mix' in the "super" group next year.

Nice work by Kew to pick up Sheedy. Which TWO are they actually paying, just for the record?

Pardon my ignorance. What do you mean by the 'super' group'?

Back