Subbies 2011/12

Manser very good, Crawley, a solid bowler, Canadian? Brighton's weakness last year was batting, not sure they have fixed it.
Yep fair point. Manser will be good enough to bat 6 or 7, and Whatham (the Canadian) is a batsman. He has played lots of Sydney Grade cricket. Add those two to Teschendorff and McDonald, plus a few youngsters they should be ok.
Bowling will be strong with Harrod, Manser, Crawley and spinners

Ormond are really pumping up their coaching 'panel' at the moment. They have professed its the best in the VSDCA and rivals most Premier clubs. Are they over playing it a bit?

Ormond are really pumping up their coaching 'panel' at the moment. They have professed its the best in the VSDCA and rivals most Premier clubs. Are they over playing it a bit?

If they win more than 12 games across the 4 elevens then it will be a success. Need to take small steps. Coming from a long way back.Good luck to the club as great blokes driving this.

If they win more than 12 games across the 4 elevens then it will be a success. Need to take small steps. Coming from a long way back.Good luck to the club as great blokes driving this.
A pretty good start, have they added any others? Wight will certainly make a difference to their batting. Bowling gets better, the big fella just needs to pitch it up. They will definately improve, the question will be by how much?

Broadmeadows' website says they've signed up Tyron Gamage, played a lot of first class cricket in Sri Lanka. Sounds like a cracking get

you mean the ''roxburgh park broadmeadows cricket club''........gee wizz my mate ben wood will be the mayor over there next......to go along with his massive list of awards from last season!!!! FULL NOISE

thursday night selection will go for 8 hours!!!

There's usually 50-100 Sri Lankan FC players who are available each and every season. You can basically get anyone for the right price, so they will be hoping he is the cream of the crop.
Always a bit of a gamble with Sri Lankans, first class cricket over there doesn't mean you'll be a gun here. Also interesting that they went for a bowler. With their PNG boys not coming back, no left made over 200 last year.

you mean the ''roxburgh park broadmeadows cricket club''........gee wizz my mate ben wood will be the mayor over there next......to go along with his massive list of awards from last season!!!! FULL NOISE

I thought you had retired!!!. Gotta say, a pretty solid start with this one. I too read the press release and there's a lot of "aforementioned" going on over there. Still looking a little short on the "herein afters" ,although solid in the "going forwards."

Good luck to the Falcons, because in all seriousness, they are a better club for Woody's involvement.

I thought you had retired!!!. Gotta say, a pretty solid start with this one. I too read the press release and there's a lot of "aforementioned" going on over there. Still looking a little short on the "herein afters" ,although solid in the "going forwards."

Good luck to the Falcons, because in all seriousness, they are a better club for Woody's involvement.

no doubt about it.......thats what im all about.....solid......and a solid starter!!!

and yeah they need something going on good luck to them........

Must have been an interesting amalgamation. After being in a few mergers, usually the stronger club has 2 of the 3 executive positions and a slight numerical majority number wise. Interesting to see of the enw entity, the 3 executive roles were filled by BCC members and the other 5 by RPCC members.

And before anyone says anything, not having a go at anyone, just find it interesting.

Be interesting to see if the Roxburgh Park side can provide anyone good enough to play Subbie ones early on,I presume they've come out of a hard wicket comp somewhere?

Back