Subbies 2011/12

Matt Hayes back this week, a good bat when going, helps strengthen our batting.
Common Super Saint you say you guys are going to upset someone every week! you dont really have anyone coming back, Matt Hayes Averages 10.
As far as a halfway team goes Ill have a crack!

Mansor (Ormond)
Allen (Melton)
Pradeep (Moorabin)
Harrison (Yarraville)
Wight (Ormond)
T O'Brien (Werribee)
Damiano (WK) (Caulfield)
Warren (Caulfield)
S Harwood (Melton)
Hewat (Yarraville)
Manser (Brighton)

Tougher than I thought, I didnt go purely on stats in each case, i.e Harwood averages 29 however I dont think you can leave the guy out of the side.

Congratulations to Mark Collins who plays his 200th game for Bayswater this round against Preston. A really consistent player with bat and ball and a ripping bloke as well

Brenton Hodges our club coach and 1st XI wicketkeeper batsman also knocks up game 200 this round. Good luck to Collins and hopefully we can get a win for Hodgey this weekend.

Sean Flynn timed out yesterday for 60, anyone know what took place? Bayswater only went down by 20 odd runs, that decision could well have cost them the game.

Says run-out on my cricket. More importantly looks like that Melton, Caulfield, Werribee and Ormond will fill top 4 positions. Everyone else except Sunshine playing for the opportunity to play Caulfield or Melton away 1st week of finals. Slightly biased but going for Brighton and Malvern to fill last 2 spots. Other genuine chances are Williamstown and Yarraville from West and Kingston Saints and Elsternnwick from South. Elsternwick have been the most disappointing team to this stage and could surprise after Xmas.

Common Super Saint you say you guys are going to upset someone every week! you dont really have anyone coming back, Matt Hayes Averages 10.
As far as a halfway team goes Ill have a crack!

Mansor (Ormond)
Allen (Melton)
Pradeep (Moorabin)
Harrison (Yarraville)
Wight (Ormond)
T O'Brien (Werribee)
Damiano (WK) (Caulfield)
Warren (Caulfield)
S Harwood (Melton)
Hewat (Yarraville)
Manser (Brighton)

Tougher than I thought, I didnt go purely on stats in each case, i.e Harwood averages 29 however I dont think you can leave the guy out of the side.
Sorry Herbert, didn't actually say we would upset this week, would have thought we would have gone in as favourites. Will always back us. Hyasey averages a bit more than 10. At his best, a good player, however, Saturday's performance probably backs up your thoughts.

Interesting team of the half year. No North or East players? Think you've picked a few on name not performance, Dallas Jones has 26 wickets to Christmas, thought he might be a chance?

Brenton Hodges our club coach and 1st XI wicketkeeper batsman also knocks up game 200 this round. Good luck to Collins and hopefully we can get a win for Hodgey this weekend.
YWL, is this 200 First XI VSDCA matches, or club matches? If the former, he should be duly recognised on the Subbies website etc.

Sorry Herbert, didn't actually say we would upset this week, would have thought we would have gone in as favourites. Will always back us. Hyasey averages a bit more than 10. At his best, a good player, however, Saturday's performance probably backs up your thoughts.

Interesting team of the half year. No North or East players? Think you've picked a few on name not performance, Dallas Jones has 26 wickets to Christmas, thought he might be a chance?
Nah you right! Well you guys won anyway! I was just doing a SW side I thought thats we were going with? Ran out of time to do the North East team. I guess Dallas should be picked but from what ive seen Id rather have Harwood, Hewat and Manser. Your team?

YWL, is this 200 First XI VSDCA matches, or club matches? If the former, he should be duly recognised on the Subbies website etc.

im under the impression 200 club matches....though wouldnt have played many in the lower grades.....

been a great player in the subbies....

merry chrissy boys

Nah you right! Well you guys won anyway! I was just doing a SW side I thought thats we were going with? Ran out of time to do the North East team. I guess Dallas should be picked but from what ive seen Id rather have Harwood, Hewat and Manser. Your team?
Happy with your team apart from Jones for Warren or Manser.

Hi all, I'm a long time observer first time poster.

I thought I'd have a crack at a side for the north east group

McGuinnes (oakleigh)
Barker (Brunswick)
Ingram (plenty valley)
Fernando (noble park)
Gill (KEw)
Perera (noble park)
Cookson (KEw)
Jaensch (plenty valley)
Lewis (coburg)
Patterson (Croydon)
Splatt (oakleigh)

Difficult to pick as there aren't many stand outs.

That NE team is about right, however fine player that Splatt is, I have no idea how you could include him in the team. Most of those players pick themselves in the NE team, without much competition for spots either. I reckon Cole from Ivanhoe, Connell from Bayswater, McKay from Brunswick, the other Paterson from Croydon and Saniga from EH would all be well ahead of Splatt. That may mean only one player from Oakleigh, but their strength is the quality of their XI.

Says run-out on my cricket. More importantly looks like that Melton, Caulfield, Werribee and Ormond will fill top 4 positions. Everyone else except Sunshine playing for the opportunity to play Caulfield or Melton away 1st week of finals. Slightly biased but going for Brighton and Malvern to fill last 2 spots. Other genuine chances are Williamstown and Yarraville from West and Kingston Saints and Elsternnwick from South. Elsternwick have been the most disappointing team to this stage and could surprise after Xmas.
Very interesting position and I think you need to look at the draw. I think 7.5 to 8 wins will get you in. You then need to look at the draw to see who has and hasn't played Caulfield and Melton. Malvern have played neither, so they need to beat at least 1 of these to get in. Can't see it happening.

From a Saints point of view, we've played both, so our destiny is in our own hands. That being said, our batting needs to improve for us to be a chance.

Brighton v KS a pretty important game this week!
Agree, it is a crucial game for both teams. We can probably only afford to drop one, but even then, 7.5 may not be enough. You guys win and you get a step closer to sewing up a spot. Should be a cracker, looking forward to it!

This weeks S/W tips:

Willy v Melton: Melton comfortably
Elsternwick v Ormond: Monders going well, can't tip Elsternwick, very reliant on O'Shea
Yarraville v Sunshine: Yarraville too strong
Altona v Caulfield: Next !
Brighton v Kingston: Possibly game of the round, both need to win to keep finals chances alive
Malvern v Werribee: Malvern hot and cold, Tigers for me
Moorabbin v RPB: Bonners have been around the mark, picking them with Pradeep to get more runs.

Good luck to all!

Williamstown in an upset.
Elsternwick easily.
Yarraville
Next
I will sit on the fence too
Malvern to surprise apparently inclusions)
Moorabin at home

5/7 for the South !

Some interesting results with the unlosable losing and the pack tightening for 5th and 6th spots!
Good weekend for the Oaks. With Caulfield shock losers in the "ones" and Melton getting "pantsed" in 3 out of 4 grades, it looks like you have sewed up the Kenny Fewster. McGuiness is "flying" and would appear to be the "missing link" in your batting.

What about it. B&G OCC, what's next? The T20 and a a stack of flags would finish off a fairly solid year.
OMG, I can't wait to see what appears on your website if this was to happen. Still, you have to be every chance. I am assuming you will have a "guest player" in the T20 semi.

Back