Subbies 2011/12

Some big movements already!
Bartlett, Warren, Richardson retired from Caulfield, Pritchard joining Werribee
Harwood moves on from Melton
James Wild signs with Ormond
Apparently Roxbrough Park Braody are trying to poach senior players from other North Clubs.

Got most of this info from the @subbiesspeak Twitter account which has been quite a useful source of info.

The big news being the Caulfield exodus! How will they fair this year with the loss of several key players?
Big outs for Caulfield. Probably got to be unsure about Singh as well. They will need to recruit.

Word is Hansen may give it away at Ormond.

Some big movements already!
Bartlett, Warren, Richardson retired from Caulfield, Pritchard joining Werribee
Harwood moves on from Melton
James Wild signs with Ormond
Apparently Roxbrough Park Braody are trying to poach senior players from other North Clubs.

Got most of this info from the @subbiesspeak Twitter account which has been quite a useful source of info.

The big news being the Caulfield exodus! How will they fair this year with the loss of several key players?

Massive loses for Caulfield and huge signing for Werribee. Pritchard will add some much needed bowling depth to Werribee and as we know is very useful with the stick also. Averaged around 250 runs and 27 wickets per year for Caulfield over the past 5 seasons.

ha of course in a perfect world! How are you looking SS, any signings on the horizon? YOu would obviously keen to to build on a great year just gone?
Nothing at this point. First priority is to probably try and get our Poms back. An opening bowler would also be an asset.

Deepdene Bears Cricket Club

Coach for Season 2013/14

Deepdene Bears CC Inc was formed in 1927 and is oldest continuously affiliated Club of the Eastern Cricket Association.

The Club will field teams in the following turf grades in 2013/14.

Dunstan Shield (Premiers 2011/12)

*B Turf (Premiers 2011/12)

*C Turf

*G Turf *Subject to ECA grading

In addition to the Club fields junior teams from Under 10 through to Under 16 and conducts a busy Milo-In-To cricket programme.

The Club has been a regular finalists in recent seasons (winning Dunstan and B grade turf flags in 2011/12 ) and is seeking a head coach to continue its success at the senior level and develop the talented group of emerging talent from the junior ranks.

As the Club marches towards its centenary, it has become evident that the development of its local talent would benefit by introducing contemporary tools and techniques.

The successful candidate will be supported by the cricket operations committee in devising a comprehensive across club program to ensure development at all levels.

The Club would favourably consider a candidate (preferably accredited coach or higher level playing credentials ) wishing to combine coaching with an appropriate on field role. Non-playing coaches will also be considered.

An attractive remuneration fee will be negotiated.

In the first instance, expressions of interest should be forwarded to: David Doolan, Vice President Cricket Operations, doolan@bigpond.net.au, or by telephone 0419 335 991.

word is king back at caulfield after a year at district? can anyone confirm?
Would be disappointing if he only gave it one year at FD. I notice that he played in all 4 XIs last season.

Any word on how Malvern are shaping. I see they missed on Wild and Monto has apparently left.

King suffered bad injury early after training the house down. Thats why he played in all XIs. Also had an ankle injury at the end of the year but still bowled well. FD have a good bowling line up so hard to break into 1s. I'd back him being at FD again.

good night!!!

congrats to all players and clubs who got the job done during the season and earnt the awards handed out!!!!

gee the bloke who was m.c didnt impress me at all.....

there was a few bigcricket followers there last night who i had the pleasure of having a laugh and a beer with and heck even muzzled in and sat on the premiers table for the life membership segment which was a little uncomfotable though no problems cause they are good blokes!!!!

some blokes just cant help themselves and have a good night without stirring the pot......

cant remember ever playing against you or even having a chat to you but you definately know a lot about me....saying you kicked 15 goals on me 1 day playing for sunshine heights in wrfl's div 2 reserves.....i asked your name you gave me some name ive never heard of(weapo would def know a blokes name if he was lucky enough to kick a goal let alone 15 as weapo would always take the nuffy in the fwd pocket so the great man could get an easy kick)i asked what year you played at heights you gave me a year they were in div 1 and we were in div 2.....i remember shaking your hand saying congratulations your a superstar.....if your gonna have a go at least do it with a bit of intelligence and get the facts/stats right and must have been to make you look good in the company of other 1st 11 captians and the (cdc-carlton draught courage)comming out in you.......you must be dissapointed in always living in your brothers shadow(thats right last nights guest speaker) and must be why your club hasnt gone any good in the ones with you at the helm......

im sure its not hard for b/c members to work out who this bloke is im not sure weather he was mucking around(didnt sound like it) or as i said making himself look good but seriously if your gonna talk yourself up please do it with a bit of pride as weapo stopped you in your tracks and turned the tables so to speak!!!!

weapo out!!!

Back