4. Andrew Goldsmith (Box Hill)
5. Shawn Craig (Malvern)
6. Shaun Brown (Preston)
7. Kevin Lowe (Preston)
8. Heath Pritchard (Caulfield)
9. Simon Beshara (Ormond)
10. Barry Ensil (Oakleigh)
11. Matthew Boglis (Altona)

You may say that its harsh that no Melton player got in the team of the year, well on paper non of their players had better years than anyone in my side but they won the Championship Final because they were the best team. They had great individual performances to win them games but everybody chipped in and thats why they won. A lot of the players in my team, there teams strugged, this is beause their teams rely to heavily on them and cannot win without a great performance from them most notibly Ormond with Beshara and Yarraville with Holmes.

Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Young Willi Lad;344014 said:
Boglis you would think would be the spinner with 36 wickets at 15.72 but Goodwin with 30 wickets at 15.27 and Shane Peake from Endeavour with 34 at 16.53 would have to be in the hunt.

Ensil with 33 at 13.7 and 200 runs should be considered, although two years ago when he took 25 wickets and made 600 runs he missed out...

Young Willi Lad;344014 said:
Boglis you would think would be the spinner with 36 wickets at 15.72 but Goodwin with 30 wickets at 15.27 and Shane Peake from Endeavour with 34 at 16.53 would have to be in the hunt.

Ensil with 33 at 13.7 and 200 runs should be considered, although two years ago when he took 25 wickets and made 600 runs he missed out...

B&G OCC;344074 said:

would love to see big barry get in, fitting end to his career. had a shocker with the bat this year, but it was the best i have seen him bowl for quite a while...

B&G OCC;344074 said:

would love to see big barry get in, fitting end to his career. had a shocker with the bat this year, but it was the best i have seen him bowl for quite a while...

B&G OCC;344074 said:

Yeh i had him and Boglis in, no reason why they both can't make it with all the medium fast allrounders.

B&G OCC;344074 said:

Yeh i had him and Boglis in, no reason why they both can't make it with all the medium fast allrounders.

who's going to hatch medal night.........???

meltons whole club will be there d/h conc.......myself.......anchorman......any 1 else.......? ywl show some balls and get there........

might have to have a bigcricket table..........and have a BIGcricket sip.........lll be royalty on that table..........

d/h your shout to how many times the name weapon gets yelled out....ill have a checklist and tick em off 1 by 1.....so boys get your voice boxes ready cause im in for a big 1..........

meltons whole club will be there d/h conc.......myself.......anchorman......any 1 else.......? ywl show some balls and get there........

might have to have a bigcricket table..........and have a BIGcricket sip.........lll be royalty on that table..........

d/h your shout to how many times the name weapon gets yelled out....ill have a checklist and tick em off 1 by 1.....so boys get your voice boxes ready cause im in for a big 1..........

Young Willi Lad;344016 said:
Very, very tough with the all rounders.
Kevin Lowe will have to be in the side with 475 runs at 39.6 and 35 wickets at 12.7.
Shaun Brown with 535 runs at 48.6 and 26 wickets at 13.7 will get a gig.
Heath Pritchard with 403 runs at 40.3 and 29 wickets at 17.0 should be in the side.
Simon Beshara with 321 runs at 29.2 and 35 wickets at 12.3 gets in mainly for his bowling.

I think you need to take those 4 in. They were all exceptional.

what about jimmy Mcmhaon from brighton 526 runs at 43.8, 18 wickets at 16.5 could be a smokey

Young Willi Lad;344016 said:
Very, very tough with the all rounders.
Kevin Lowe will have to be in the side with 475 runs at 39.6 and 35 wickets at 12.7.
Shaun Brown with 535 runs at 48.6 and 26 wickets at 13.7 will get a gig.
Heath Pritchard with 403 runs at 40.3 and 29 wickets at 17.0 should be in the side.
Simon Beshara with 321 runs at 29.2 and 35 wickets at 12.3 gets in mainly for his bowling.

I think you need to take those 4 in. They were all exceptional.

what about jimmy Mcmhaon from brighton 526 runs at 43.8, 18 wickets at 16.5 could be a smokey

BCC1842;344502 said:

I considered him, as was said he didn't get enough wickets to be considered as an allrounder but he did have a mighty year, he single handedly won Brighton a few games.

BCC1842;344502 said:

I considered him, as was said he didn't get enough wickets to be considered as an allrounder but he did have a mighty year, he single handedly won Brighton a few games.

Young Willi Lad;344564 said:

yeah did need a few more wickets , will be intertsting to see what the selectors value more few extra runs or few extra wickets - should be a good night

yeah did need a few more wickets , will be intertsting to see what the selectors value more few extra runs or few extra wickets - should be a good night

one player contributing doesn't win your team a championship but!

hey guys, you blokes wouldnt know me, i am from Geelong and its now the silly season with recruiting. Do you know any quality cricketers moving to Geelong or want to play down here. My clubs looking for a coach.. pref a bat. i come from a strong club that has played alot of finals/flags since 2000 to now. Can anyone help??

hey guys, you blokes wouldnt know me, i am from Geelong and its now the silly season with recruiting. Do you know any quality cricketers moving to Geelong or want to play down here. My clubs looking for a coach.. pref a bat. i come from a strong club that has played alot of finals/flags since 2000 to now. Can anyone help??

concrete;344692 said:

I didn't mention anything about him contributing towards a championship. Maybe you should read my post from a couple of pages back.

concrete;344692 said:

I didn't mention anything about him contributing towards a championship. Maybe you should read my post from a couple of pages back.

rumors getting around the traps that the melton boys are still going with their mad monday celebrations... haha. premiers and champions.

rumors getting around the traps that the melton boys are still going with their mad monday celebrations... haha. premiers and champions.

weapons05/06;344493 said:

have you still been snooping around melton browndog, like that time we saw u at tabcorp park. i know your very keen on joining the lions next season, and i dont blame you, 3 flags a champ final and ken fewster champs. You would be a handy acquisition for our 2's. bit of experience to go with our young fella's. subbies night should be a good night, you a chance of making team of the year dog? in the 2's that is.... ;)

weapons05/06;344493 said:

have you still been snooping around melton browndog, like that time we saw u at tabcorp park. i know your very keen on joining the lions next season, and i dont blame you, 3 flags a champ final and ken fewster champs. You would be a handy acquisition for our 2's. bit of experience to go with our young fella's. subbies night should be a good night, you a chance of making team of the year dog? in the 2's that is.... ;)

*DaNcE HeRo*;345257 said:

i like it i like it........is that an official offer..........?

like i said your shout........

*DaNcE HeRo*;345257 said:

i like it i like it........is that an official offer..........?

like i said your shout........

bucket head;346224 said:
Hey Anchor,the drums are beating out my way that you might be on the move to Warnies old mob....any truth

come say hi tomorrow night bucket head and i'll tell you....

bucket head;346224 said:
Hey Anchor,the drums are beating out my way that you might be on the move to Warnies old mob....any truth

come say hi tomorrow night bucket head and i'll tell you....

your shout.........ill give you a wink anchor.......

im backing a tie in the hatch medal.......with the anchor man and the bloke from malvern........ex district player........

im backing a tie in the hatch medal.......with the anchor man and the bloke from malvern........ex district player........

weapons05/06;346684 said:

Surely one of the lads from Preston will take out the hatch!! Either way looking forward to a night on the piss with the boys

Surely one of the lads from Preston will take out the hatch!! Either way looking forward to a night on the piss with the boys

Speaking of ex district players .. i wonder if Caulfield will roll out their latest recruit tonight... keeper bat

Speaking of ex district players .. i wonder if Caulfield will roll out their latest recruit tonight... keeper bat

Struggling to pick a winner for the Hatch Medal tonight, any hot favourites for the other grades. Tommy Maloney (Brighton) would have to be a massive shot for the 2's, 30 wickets before xmas and some big bags amongst them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back