Subbies season 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Subbies season 09/10

Williamstown 9/76(20) were defeated by Melton 4/77(14).
Melton were far too strong for the inexperienced Williamstown outfit.
Any other results from the 20/20 games tonight?
And what does everyone think of this new tournament?

Ripper game at the Beach Oval. Bcc batting first 9/119, then Malvern needing 1 to win off the last and scampered a single. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, good comp i think. Corker batted well for the Tonners and Dunne 50 for the Roosters.

OCC 9/148cc def. MTWCC 123

A very exciting game at Mount with the home team well on top early taking 2/0, and then 5/40 in the 6th over. Strong recovery by the Oaks with Street hitting a brilliant 60. Mount started like a rocket with Bartlett knocking the ball over the short square boundaries at will, however when he fell the task was too much. Jones 3/24 and Travaglia 4/14 the best of the bowlers.

Concept seems like a real winner and will only get better as the days get longer and the game isnt finished in fading light.

Does anyone know where Sean Ayres or Leigh Holmes are playing?
Their were rumours Ayres was going to Malvern but he hasn't played in the first two games and is Holmes maybe injured?
Yarraville need Holmes badly he was their one shining light last season.

Young Willi Lad;372815 said:
Does anyone know where Sean Ayres or Leigh Holmes are playing?
Their were rumours Ayres was going to Malvern but he hasn't played in the first two games and is Holmes maybe injured?
Yarraville need Holmes badly he was their one shining light last season.

Holmesy has retired apparently. Dont know what Ayresy is doing though.

weapons05/06;372926 said:
how are you hitting them ywl.......you gonna be in the runs this week???

shoudnt we be asking you that weapons?
ive got a feeling ywl will make a few this week and get willy over the line.

Just a question where do you all play? Or do you even play at all?
You seem to be always talking about the western teams.

weapons05/06;372926 said:
how are you hitting them ywl.......you gonna be in the runs this week???

Not hitting them well at all champ.
Might need some this week to get us over the line though dog.
You gonna go one better this week and get your first half century for Deer Park?

The Field;373132 said:
I thought moderator was not meant to be biased!

Not really, they are here to keep things running smoothly. They are expected to demonstrate a higher standard behaviour than a normal member but they are not restricted from having opinions or indulging in a little bit of banter.

Of course, when dealing with site issues we expect them to do so without bias but as is often the case an admin will be on hand if need be.

It's the admin team who have to remain impartial.

bunsen;373012 said:
shoudnt we be asking you that weapons?
ive got a feeling ywl will make a few this week and get willy over the line.

good to see you getting a gig mate keep up the good work.....

as for me im just getting back to some form i have a heel injury that is getting in the way of some better performances.....but never the less im not worried about myself its all about the club/team....havnt lost a game yet as you would know the weapon dont like losing..........:)

ywl keep your head up as i say to my boys its no good being a good batsman being out and watching from the sidelines......as d/h would testify its all about being in the action........and p.s i got 1 less from last week.....:eek: being 6/109 at tea and getting 9/272 after 70 overs im a happy man as you would imagine......and for my 1st half century for d/p i have previously played there befoer willy about the same age as you now and ive made a few 1/2 centuries in my time there.......

and to the muppet asking why we talk about the west group......gee whizz grow a brain........:rolleyes:

cheers

weapons05/06;373167 said:
good to see you getting a gig mate keep up the good work.....

as for me im just getting back to some form i have a heel injury that is getting in the way of some better performances.....but never the less im not worried about myself its all about the club/team....havnt lost a game yet as you would know the weapon dont like losing..........:)

ywl keep your head up as i say to my boys its no good being a good batsman being out and watching from the sidelines......as d/h would testify its all about being in the action........and p.s i got 1 less from last week.....:eek: being 6/109 at tea and getting 9/272 after 70 overs im a happy man as you would imagine......and for my 1st half century for d/p i have previously played there befoer willy about the same age as you now and ive made a few 1/2 centuries in my time there.......

and to the muppet asking why we talk about the west group......gee whizz grow a brain........:rolleyes:

cheers

Lol good work mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back