Subbies season 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Subbies season 09/10

Pretty sure that McMahon got a ton last year to beat Caulfield after they looked gone.

Who's this Bhatt @ Malvern - where from?? Bolter out of the blue and takes 9...fair effort.

Melton boys shaping up well i reckon.

Westy;376444 said:
Pretty sure that McMahon got a ton last year to beat Caulfield after they looked gone.

Who's this Bhatt @ Malvern - where from?? Bolter out of the blue and takes 9...fair effort.

Melton boys shaping up well i reckon.

Yeah i'm also pretty sure McMahon got a massive ton in quick time to get them over Caulfield.
Bhatt is out of knowhere he hadn't done a lot and played a few games in the magoo's last year so unbelievable effort to get 9fa, it was also interesting to see he got 0/50(11) in the second dig.
Melton are shapping up very well, awesome batting line up and their bowling is solid led by Jones and Concrete, although Love from Yarra has ripped through their top order and it will be interesting to see if they can chase down 130 from 3/14.

Malvern must be spewing over missing out on the full 6 points by a run on Saturday, wonder what time they pulled the pin out there. Some really low scores on Saturday, either every ground was a green top, or there must have been some terrible shots played.

The Field;376841 said:
Malvern must be spewing over missing out on the full 6 points by a run on Saturday, wonder what time they pulled the pin out there. Some really low scores on Saturday, either every ground was a green top, or there must have been some terrible shots played.

Can anybody give us a run down of the last over at Malvern on Saturday? You would have thought they would have gone hard to get the points, seeing as rain was forecast??:confused:

Puppeteer;376842 said:
Can anybody give us a run down of the last over at Malvern on Saturday? You would have thought they would have gone hard to get the points, seeing as rain was forecast??:confused:

I was thinking that they would have gone hard but as they were none down it kind of indicates that they didnt. Not as if it was forecasted for a perfect day and 30c. Whats going on down at Malvern land? To much coin and not enough smarts?

gee ,willy and melton would consider themselves lucky as would caulfield ,werribee and malvern unlucky......

field...you must have been inside all day ,eh?very good day for swing bowling!

hey weapons, the meat axe tells me he waited for you but you failed to show your face ......why?

dont reckon you would have it in ya to tell him to his face:D

Hmm,not sure if I agree with all that Bucket,a score around 140 odd would have been terribly hard work on Sunday had there been any play.
Caulfield certainly hard done by,not sure what you would call Malvern,dumb,incompetant,inexplicable to name a few.
This fickle weather just another reason why I reckon we should be looking at perhaps splitting the season into two parts,one dayers till xmas,then two dayers after xmas.
Bit radical,maybe but worth a thought,what's everyone think?

bucket head;376935 said:
hey weapons, the meat axe tells me he waited for you but you failed to show your face ......why?

dont reckon you would have it in ya to tell him to his face:D

who is the meat axe........? if you were implying that it is beshara(the flat track bully)hahaha you got it all wrong.......

why? maybe on the saturday i was batting/bowling yes bowling hahaha my team to an outright win........goose

Piston Broke;376954 said:
Hmm,not sure if I agree with all that Bucket,a score around 140 odd would have been terribly hard work on Sunday had there been any play.
Caulfield certainly hard done by,not sure what you would call Malvern,dumb,incompetant,inexplicable to name a few.
This fickle weather just another reason why I reckon we should be looking at perhaps splitting the season into two parts,one dayers till xmas,then two dayers after xmas.
Bit radical,maybe but worth a thought,what's everyone think?

mmmmmmm interesting...so you'd play everybody once in a 1 dayer before chrissy and only half the teams in 2 dayers after chrissy all good for the teams playing the lower placed teams getting outrights and big wins with % it wouldnt work...imo the only problem was this game was a sat/sun fixture why couldnt these sat/sun games be played after chrissy.......

As you mentioned Bucket,perfect conditions for swing bowling,even the Aussie test side were shown up recently when the ball moves in the air.
Anyone going to/playing 20/20 tomorrow,bit of interest in the West with Callum Ward guesting for Yarra and Lindsay Gilbee for Willy?

Agree Saturday/Sunday games better after xmas as in the past.
With the fixturing,everyone plays each other pre xmas,ie 13 weeks of play,say 5 2 dayers inc a sat/sun game after xmas,maybe the higher placed teams could play each other somehow to even things up,sort of like a seeded system.
I just reckon we have to think outside the square sometimes as so many games are decided and/or ruined by the toss of a coin.

callan ward allrounder bowls leggies ok to......was apart of the premiership side i coached in the jnrs at willy....just had to add that hahaha...freak in the field

gilbee aparently hits them huuuuuuuuge going by the 300 gamer in r.smith......

we have 20/20 also so wont be able to rock down.......

Piston Broke;376983 said:
Agree Saturday/Sunday games better after xmas as in the past.
With the fixturing,everyone plays each other pre xmas,ie 13 weeks of play,say 5 2 dayers inc a sat/sun game after xmas,maybe the higher placed teams could play each other somehow to even things up,sort of like a seeded system.
I just reckon we have to think outside the square sometimes as so many games are decided and/or ruined by the toss of a coin.

well if you are a good tosser lol like bucket head you can get the job done......

how would you seed the teams from the previous years ladder possi???

bucket head;376930 said:
gee ,willy and melton would consider themselves lucky as would caulfield ,werribee and malvern unlucky......

field...you must have been inside all day ,eh?very good day for swing bowling!

If Steve Viccars can make runs, it musn't have been that good a bowling conditions. ;)

Lindsay Gilbee hit a massive 6 over mid wicket tonight, he would have made 15 odd.
Broady got up by 6 runs.
Hey Bucket Head i heard you were looking for me on saturday haha.

Young Willi Lad;377128 said:
Lindsay Gilbee hit a massive 6 over mid wicket tonight, he would have made 15 odd.
Broady got up by 6 runs.
Hey Bucket Head i heard you were looking for me on saturday haha.

ywl ,would have tried to sound you out if i was there .....not good enough these days .....just filling the void in the lower grades these days....lol

bucket head;377130 said:
ywl ,would have tried to sound you out if i was there .....not good enough these days .....just filling the void in the lower grades these days....lol

I am suprised you haven't been spruiking over your heroics behind the stumps on Saturday Void - not everyday you get 4 feet off the ground to take a catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back