Subbies season 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Subbies season 09/10

Puppeteer;380512 said:
Low scores continued in the rep game on Sunday. Bowled out for 70. A pretty poor result. :eek:

yeah id love to see the subbies rep team have all the guns in it too.......you cant really call it a rep team when all the best cricketers in the subbies dont play.......lets call it the subbies (a) team.......;)

even good ol techno has a gurnsey........ppppfffftttt:rolleyes:

weapons05/06;380544 said:
yeah id love to see the subbies rep team have all the guns in it too.......you cant really call it a rep team when all the best cricketers in the subbies dont play.......lets call it the subbies (a) team.......;)

even good ol techno has a gurnsey........ppppfffftttt:rolleyes:
Who was the rep game against ?. while on rep games do you guys think a game against the VTCA would be worthwhile, be it full strengh or say U/25

southern sledge;380556 said:
Who was the rep game against ?. while on rep games do you guys think a game against the VTCA would be worthwhile, be it full strengh or say U/25

vic country cricket league.....rep team.......

on the vtca
again i wouldnt think the good players in the subbies would play.....no incentive for them......u/25's would be a go er imo......

weapons05/06;380558 said:
vic country cricket league.....rep team.......

on the vtca
again i wouldnt think the good players in the subbies would play.....no incentive for them......u/25's would be a go er imo......

Me ol mate weapo hows it hanging dude?

weapons05/06;381259 said:
good mate........good to se willy winning outright only posting 140 odd .........

moorabin.....mmmmm

WTF. 4 outrights in the 1sts across both grades. Must have been something in the water this week-end.

Piston Broke;381365 said:
Can anyone recall a lower score than Moorabbin's 36?,J.Bailey 5/7,anyone know much about his background,YWL maybe?

I can't recall a lower score than 36 in the last 3 or 4 years anyway.
James Bailey is an 18 year old who is in his first year at Willi, came down from Baccus Marsh where he has played in their firsts for the last couple of years.
Bowls left arm, pretty sharp and gets a bit of in swing to the right handers which saw him get 3 or 4 Lb's yesterday.
I was at the game and Moorabbin's batting left a lot to be desired.

Puppeteer;381347 said:
WTF. 4 outrights in the 1sts across both grades. Must have been something in the water this week-end.

Caulfield and Oakleigh have virtually cemented their spots in the top 2 in each of their sides of the draw and they look the teams to beat along with Melton and Altona. Oakleigh look clear front runners in the North/South divison with Preston under performing so far this season and Box Hill a shadow of their former side without Farrow and Goldsmith.

Young Willi Lad;381383 said:
James Bailey is an 18 year old who is in his first year at Willi, came down from Baccus Marsh where he has played in their firsts for the last couple of years.
Bowls left arm, pretty sharp and gets a bit of in swing to the right handers which saw him get 3 or 4 Lb's yesterday.

bubba smith 5 fa too........good to see him back in action.........good raps on this kid.......

why were you at the game sub-fielder maybe??hahaha

Young Willi Lad;381384 said:
Caulfield and Oakleigh have virtually cemented their spots in the top 2 in each of their sides of the draw and they look the teams to beat along with Melton and Altona. Oakleigh look clear front runners in the North/South divison with Preston under performing so far this season and Box Hill a shadow of their former side without Farrow and Goldsmith.

what are goldsmiths stats......??

Thanx for all that YWL,Goldsmith might not be playing Weapons,My cricket shows him as inoperative,haven't seen his name anywhere.

fmr_13;380552 said:
Who played for the rep side ?

I wouldnt mind knowing this either.

Extremely poor from the VSDCA with no article at all on their website publicising this game or the side selected. In fact the only evidence that it even happened is a poor 5 line summary of the match

Lift your game VSDCA.

i was told the rep team trained once and that was it. i dont even believe they trained lol, and a couple of players pulled out on the sat night leaving the subbies looking for anyone at 8:30 sat night. dont think they take the rep game serious at all, a lot better when they played adelaide turf comp and went interstate & all.
very slack on the website subbies, look at premier cricket or even some of local comps, do it bit more comprehensive, esp with the only rep game of the year!
goldsmith is overseas, he was gonna play for st kilda this year in any event

Young Willi Lad;381383 said:

I notice you said Moorabbin's batting left a lot to be desired ( clearly ) but how was the track ? not suggesting that willi juiced it up just cant get my head around a side getting routed twice in a day in decent conditions

BCC1842;381471 said:
I notice you said Moorabbin's batting left a lot to be desired ( clearly ) but how was the track ? not suggesting that willi juiced it up just cant get my head around a side getting routed twice in a day in decent conditions
Bit tough for Willy to juice up the track, fixture says that the game was played at Moorabbin. Pretty poor effort getting beaten outright by a side that only makes 140 in their first dig and doesn't have to bat again.

diamond duck;381466 said:
i was told the rep team trained once and that was it. i dont even believe they trained lol, and a couple of players pulled out on the sat night leaving the subbies looking for anyone at 8:30 sat night. dont think they take the rep game serious at all, a lot better when they played adelaide turf comp and went interstate & all.
very slack on the website subbies, look at premier cricket or even some of local comps, do it bit more comprehensive, esp with the only rep game of the year!
goldsmith is overseas, he was gonna play for st kilda this year in any event
I know the VTCA has been trying to play the Subbies for a few years but keeps getting the excuse that there is no date availiable to play it. Any Thoughts ?

Mitcha;381632 said:
Bit tough for Willy to juice up the track, fixture says that the game was played at Moorabbin. Pretty poor effort getting beaten outright by a side that only makes 140 in their first dig and doesn't have to bat again.

yep game was away at moorabin.....had a few froffies with the boys sat night and they said the wicket was a road.........:eek:

but you say a poor batting effort which is fair enough...... the bowling must have been of some quality.........???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back