Subbies season 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Subbies season 09/10

southern sledge;381640 said:
I know the VTCA has been trying to play the Subbies for a few years but keeps getting the excuse that there is no date availiable to play it. Any Thoughts ?

I cant think of one reason why the VSDCA would have any interest in playing the VTCA

Can someone explain how the Subbies side gets picked?

A VTCA side would cream a VSDCA side if the current VSDCA Selection Policy (if there is one) is maintained and the VTCA pick a half-decent side.

p-toe;381721 said:

A VTCA side would cream a VSDCA side if the current VSDCA Selection Policy (if there is one) is maintained and the VTCA pick a half-decent side.

anyone whos available- meaning whoever doesnt have a family, doesn't get smashed the saturday night. previously (i dont know if they still do it) the subbies send out an invite during the year to each coach and they can nominate people who are keen.
just looking at the side, blokes like gill whos in red hot form didnt get picked, maybe not available. 3 brunswick blokes got picked and they are bottom of the ladder, probably only one of them deserved a spot and thats based on reputation. surely you have a rep game, you roll out mick lewis

Mitcha;381632 said:
Bit tough for Willy to juice up the track, fixture says that the game was played at Moorabbin. Pretty poor effort getting beaten outright by a side that only makes 140 in their first dig and doesn't have to bat again.

I see that 3 out of 4 of Moorabbin's sides got done outright on the week-end. They must have had their Xmas party the night before the game?

p-toe;381721 said:

I've heard that the team of the year from the previous season gets first crack at the rep game .... if unavailable they then revert to the nominations form the clubs and pick a side form what's left

weapons05/06;381395 said:
bubba smith 5 fa too........good to see him back in action.........good raps on this kid.......

why were you at the game sub-fielder maybe??hahaha

Yeah i was sub-fielding because i was at schoolies for the first weekend of this game lol.

BCC1842;381471 said:
I notice you said Moorabbin's batting left a lot to be desired ( clearly ) but how was the track ? not suggesting that willi juiced it up just cant get my head around a side getting routed twice in a day in decent conditions

It was a mixture of terrible batting and some good quality bowling.
I wouldn't say the wicket was a road as Weapons was suggesting but it didn't have any demons in it and i know we were extremely disappointed with our total of 140 thinking that over 200 was par.

Oh and as somebody said before Goldmsith aka anchorman is overseas in Japan i think and is being missed big time by Box Hill.
Does anyone know where Justin Farrow has gone?
Because in my opinion he was as equally important as Goldsmith for Box Hill.

I must say I agree with Pele re the rep game,the majority of players don;t want it and I;m sure the clubs don't want their star players risking themselves in some meaningless fixture.
Selection in a team of the year is gratification enough.
How would this side shape up?
Allen-Melton
Love-Y'ville
Sheedy-W'town
Bartlett-Mt Wav
Travaglia-Oakleigh
Maynard-Altona
Pritchard-C'field
Street-Oakleigh
Lewis-Coburg
Bhatt-Malvern
Boglis-Altona
I know opinions will differ,but the only position I wasn't sure of was the keeper,Kremer,Hodges, etc,please yourself.
Thoughts boys?

Don't know Farrows movements either YWL,Box Hill must be struggling to replace Golsmith,Farrow and A Blake who doesn't seem to be playing Either.
Furthermore,what's happened to the vsdca magazine this year?,was always useful to read the clubs ins and outs and other info.

Piston Broke;381814 said:
I must say I agree with Pele re the rep game,the majority of players don;t want it and I;m sure the clubs don't want their star players risking themselves in some meaningless fixture.
Allen-Melton
Love-Y'ville
Sheedy-W'town
Bartlett-Mt Wav
Travaglia-Oakleigh
Maynard-Altona
Pritchard-C'field
Street-Oakleigh
Lewis-Coburg
Bhatt-Malvern
Boglis-Altona
I know opinions will differ,but the only position I wasn't sure of was the keeper,Kremer,Hodges, etc,please yourself.
Thoughts boys?

gee whizz......now that would give any vtca rep team a good going over.......
even though he has been quiet id take hodges over any keeper.......ive seen what he can do........:eek:

Piston Broke;381818 said:
Don't know Farrows movements either YWL,Box Hill must be struggling to replace Golsmith,Farrow and A Blake who doesn't seem to be playing Either.
Furthermore,what's happened to the vsdca magazine this year?,was always useful to read the clubs ins and outs and other info.

maybe they had enough of shep.........:eek:

weapons05/06;381853 said:
maybe they had enough of shep.........:eek:

Lol according to mycricket, McNulty is captain of them this year and not Shepard which is just weird in my book.
Oh and Piston Blake has played a few games but has been in and out i'm tipping he is injured.
That team did look good though. Bat's down to 8 with Street and has vairous all rounders with Maynard, Sheedy, Love, Travaglia and Pritchard.

Piston Broke;381814 said:
Allen-Melton
Love-Y'ville
Sheedy-W'town
Bartlett-Mt Wav
Travaglia-Oakleigh
Maynard-Altona
Pritchard-C'field
Street-Oakleigh
Lewis-Coburg
Bhatt-Malvern
Boglis-Altona
Thoughts boys?

what about lowe (captain of team of the year) & andrew bennett (BOP)

Good call DD,Idid anguish over leaving Lowe out,tossed up between him and Pritchard for the quicker bowling type allrounder,difficult when you might see players maybe once in 3 or more years.
Enjoy watching Bennett bat,gives it a nudge doesn't he but settled on Love and Allen especially with their outstanding records in Premier cricket.
As I said you can only pick eleven.

Piston Broke;381905 said:
Good call DD,Idid anguish over leaving Lowe out,tossed up between him and Pritchard for the quicker bowling type allrounder,difficult when you might see players maybe once in 3 or more years.
Enjoy watching Bennett bat,gives it a nudge doesn't he but settled on Love and Allen especially with their outstanding records in Premier cricket.
As I said you can only pick eleven.

Love and Allen are so much better players than Bennett its not funny.

p-toe;381985 said:
Street, to me, is a better keeper than Hodges.

I wouldn't pick Travaglia.

I wouldnt pick Travaglia either or Maynard. There are a number of excellent players you could slot in but thats the beauty of picking these types of teams

I agree re Street although not so familiar with Hodges. And please dont offer up Kremer as an alternative. Keeps ok and that is all.

Offer me some alternatives then for no.5 and no.6,went for Street as he's a competant bat at 3 or 4.
A few years ago Hodges was probably in the top 2 or 3 players in the comp,class keeper and very dangerous bat if he got going although doesn't make a lot of runs nowadays.
P toe,you see plenty of Travaglia,why the set against him?

surely you could fit in F Gill just under 300 runs and 17 wickets at this stage of the year is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back