Subbies Thread

Some massive games in the SE this weekend. Caulfield and Ormond looms as the biggest game of the rd with Ormond sitting 3rd and Caulfield 1st. Ormond seem to be churning out some big totals but with the likes of Damiano and Dorey you'd expect Caulfield to get up.
Bayswater V Endeavour Hills is also huge. 4th v 5th. Bayswater look like they are about to really hit their straps and should knock endeavour hills off for mine.
Malvern V Box Hill is a really big game more so for Defending premiers Malvern. If they drop this game they will find it incredibly hard to make the 6. It's been a really poor start from the Roosters, their batting looks very poor especially if Jones doesn't get going.

BoxHILL have Gloury and the Blakes Nothing else. Malvern easily. The big game is Brtghton v Moorabbin to see who avoids the wooden spoon. A 2 day game and BCC easily but a 1 day game and Pradeep comes into play. Hurt has been impressive but not a limited overs player.At this stage Caulfield, Oakliegh. Ormond certainties. Bayswater, Malvern and Noble Park likely. Certainly shows the difference in divisions. South clearly the strongest. West probably 2nd and East 3rd. North 4th as have to compete with VTCA for goog players. Current strongest 5 clubs - Caulfield, Oakleigh, Werribee, Malvern, Ormond. What do others think ?

BoxHILL have Gloury and the Blakes Nothing else. Malvern easily. The big game is Brtghton v Moorabbin to see who avoids the wooden spoon. A 2 day game and BCC easily but a 1 day game and Pradeep comes into play. Hurt has been impressive but not a limited overs player.At this stage Caulfield, Oakliegh. Ormond certainties. Bayswater, Malvern and Noble Park likely. Certainly shows the difference in divisions. South clearly the strongest. West probably 2nd and East 3rd. North 4th as have to compete with VTCA for goog players. Current strongest 5 clubs - Caulfield, Oakleigh, Werribee, Malvern, Ormond. What do others think ?
Melton?

Club Championship pretty good indication of who the strongest club's are, I would've thought.

Hewet is back at Yarraville also after things didn't work out at Geelong.

This is more than a bit confusing. You have South as clearly the strongest, but have Brighton and Moorabbin playing for the wooden spoon. And Elsternwick and Kingston Saints aren't exactly world beaters, with all due respect. Every division has it's strong and weak clubs. Frankly I'd have West and East well before South. BTW, three Blakes and Gloury make up nearly half the team. I think they make for a more than competitive team (as much as I don't like saying good things about Box Hill ;))

Club Championship pretty good indication of who the strongest club's are, I would've thought.

Hewet is back at Yarraville also after things didn't work out at Geelong.

Can't look past Melton and Plenty Valley too easily either.

Hewet going back to Y'ville is huge. Would be in the top 5 comp bowlers every year for a while now.

Plenty Valley vs Kew
Williamstown vs Werribee
Melton
vs Sunshine
Preston vs Brunswick
Balwyn vs Coburg
Ivanhoe
vs RPB
Yarraville vs Altona

There is a big push from CA to have all T20 competitions on MyCricket from next season, so this will likely make it easier to follow. The ladders were all put on Twitter last night, @SubbiesCricket.

If you cannot access that I'm sure someone can copy and paste it for you and others here.

This is more than a bit confusing. You have South as clearly the strongest, but have Brighton and Moorabbin playing for the wooden spoon. And Elsternwick and Kingston Saints aren't exactly world beaters, with all due respect. Every division has it's strong and weak clubs. Frankly I'd have West and East well before South. BTW, three Blakes and Gloury make up nearly half the team. I think they make for a more than competitive team (as much as I don't like saying good things about Box Hill ;))
Probably would agree, best way to compare is to look at a ladder: North West, all North teams bar PV out of 6. South East, whilst Caulfield and Ormond are high, no other south teams are in.

There is a big push from CA to have all T20 competitions on MyCricket from next season, so this will likely make it easier to follow. The ladders were all put on Twitter last night, @SubbiesCricket.

If you cannot access that I'm sure someone can copy and paste it for you and others here.

Didn't see that, probably should have had another look before I posted. Thanks for your help though!

Tips Round 7:

North / West:

Balwyn v Coburg
Ivanhoe v RPB
Melton
v Sunshine
Preston v Brunswick
Williamstown v Werribee
Yarraville v Altona
Plenty Valley
v Kew

South / East:

Croydon v Noble Park
Moorabbin
v Brighton
Oakleigh v Mt Waverley
Ormond v Caulfield
Bayswater v Endeavour Hills
Box Hill v Malvern
Elsternwick
v Kingston Saints

In the NW, Balwyn v Coburg, Ivanhoe v RPB and Yarraville v Altona stand out as the most interesting matchups.

In the SE, it's a very interesting round pretty much throughout, I think Moorabbin will lodge a win as they seem to do well in the one dayers, with Ormond v Caulfield and Bayswater v Endeavour Hills really interesting as far as the top end of the ladder is concerned.

Tips Round 7:

North / West:

Balwyn v Coburg
Ivanhoe v RPB
Melton
v Sunshine
Preston v Brunswick
Williamstown v Werribee
Yarraville v Altona
Plenty Valley
v Kew

South / East:

Croydon v Noble Park
Moorabbin
v Brighton
Oakleigh v Mt Waverley
Ormond v Caulfield
Box Hill v Malvern
Elsternwick
v Kingston Saints

In the NW, Balwyn v Coburg, Ivanhoe v RPB and Yarraville v Altona stand out as the most interesting matchups.

In the SE, it's a very interesting round pretty much throughout, I think Moorabbin will lodge a win as they seem to do well in the one dayers, with Ormond v Caulfield and Bayswater v Endeavour Hills really interesting as far as the top end of the ladder is concerned.

Preston and Altona are interesting selections. I think Sunshine should be very happy that they play Melton in a one day fixture.

Some early tips for this weekend:
Plenty Valley v Kew - As always hard to tip against PV. Would be very hard to stop in a one dayer with an aggresive batting line up and some tight spinners. Although RPB pulled it off the previous round so it is possible.
Williamstown v Werribee - Think Werribee will make too many runs for Williamstown, although Sheedy is due for a big one and could get them over the line. Pritchard's influence is lessened only being allowed to bowl 9 overs so surviving him will be a big difference between winning and losing for Willy.
Melton v Sunshine - Melton to really hit their stride. Sunshine struggling again and will be looking forward to the break after being rolled for 50 last week. Really don't understand what they're trying to achieve with have 5 players from the UK in their side.
Preston v Brunswick - Think the Mackay, Brennan and Daykin combination will be too strong for a fair few sides this season.
Balwyn v Coburg - Could be a close one, think Balwyn are due for another win.
Ivanhoe v RPB - Ivanhoe looking much better over the last two rounds. Both sides currently having lots of momentum but think RPB will head into the break 6-1.
Yarraville v Altona - Altona have had a strange season, beating PV a couple of weeks ago and then losing on the first day v Ivanhoe. Yarraville's batting looking strong with Love, Wolfe and now an import who has hit 2 hundreds in 4 games.

SUNSHINE DONT HAVE 5 PLAYERS FROM THE UK?

Tips Round 7:

North / West:

Balwyn v Coburg
Ivanhoe v RPB
Melton
v Sunshine
Preston v Brunswick
Williamstown v Werribee
Yarraville v Altona
Plenty Valley
v Kew

South / East:

Croydon v Noble Park
Moorabbin
v Brighton
Oakleigh v Mt Waverley
Ormond v Caulfield
Box Hill v Malvern
Elsternwick
v Kingston Saints

I take back my comments from the start of the season. Caulfield 7-0 now at half way point, guess they are the real deal. Oakleigh still my pick in SE group but definitely a 2 horse race with 12 scratchings

Back