Subbies Thread

I could not disagree more strongly. It is a great opportunity for over 300 kids to play turf cricket. The format with 6 games over 45 overs is fantastic.
Even if the dividend was stopped, dropping the Craig competition would be a huge mistake.

Don't get sucked in by Scratch, him and his VTCA mates are anti-Hatch, they believe it was created to poach junior players from VTCA clubs over to subbies.

Definitely a change in mood since this time last year. Have been told clubs in your region may be the first to be offered incentives to sign up to the CV regional model after the div. phased out. Have you heard the same?

All I have heard is that in general Subbies clubs are not in favour of disbanding the VSDCA whereas VTCA clubs seem quite happy to split and regionalise. What I haven't been able to find out is what CV can do, other than offer $$$, if VSDCA clubs reject the model. Can CV compel the VSDCA to get on board? If they can't, then it is just going to be a question of solidarity. Maybe CV will threaten to bring Melton, Werribee, and PV (or Kingston Saints) into Premier just to flex their muscle...

All I have heard is that in general Subbies clubs are not in favour of disbanding the VSDCA whereas VTCA clubs seem quite happy to split and regionalise. What I haven't been able to find out is what CV can do, other than offer $$$, if VSDCA clubs reject the model. Can CV compel the VSDCA to get on board? If they can't, then it is just going to be a question of solidarity. Maybe CV will threaten to bring Melton, Werribee, and PV (or Kingston Saints) into Premier just to flex their muscle...
Not sure they want the Saints or someone in our area in. Are definately looking west & north.

Out here in the west the alternatives to the VTCA are limited, so it makes sense for CV to first offer incentives in the south region and gauge the response. I doubt CV would attempt to compel the VSDCA to get on board, even if it could. A strategy to break down solidarity by making it less relevant in the overall scheme of things is more likely I suggest. Some would argue the Pathway System has had already had that effect in respect to the Hatch/Craig comp. (Nancy, I am not knocking the merits of the competition but it is no longer part of the pathway). Incidentally, I have been told Werribee have applied to become a Premier Club.

Out here in the west the alternatives to the VTCA are limited, so it makes sense for CV to first offer incentives in the south region and gauge the response. I doubt CV would attempt to compel the VSDCA to get on board, even if it could. A strategy to break down solidarity by making it less relevant in the overall scheme of things is more likely I suggest. Some would argue the Pathway System has had already had that effect in respect to the Hatch/Craig comp. (Nancy, I am not knocking the merits of the competition but it is no longer part of the pathway). Incidentally, I have been told Werribee have applied to become a Premier Club.

5 have applied for the vacancy Westland, see below from CV

"The five organisations are the Ballarat Cricket Association, Hoppers Crossing Cricket Club, Melton Cricket Club, Plenty Valley Cricket Club and Werribee Cricket Club."

Interesting to see that CV have deleted Hatch from the Pathway, a bit of bullying no doubt

Don't get sucked in by Scratch, him and his VTCA mates are anti-Hatch, they believe it was created to poach junior players from VTCA clubs over to subbies.
Not at all , I played 2 years oh Hatch and enjoyed it, but I don't think its needed anymore. When it started there was no pathways.

Not at all , I played 2 years oh Hatch and enjoyed it, but I don't think its needed anymore. When it started there was no pathways.

Hatch is as relevent today as when it first started. A metro pathways region offers up 13 spots. Within that Pathways region are 2-5 Subbies clubs, at least 100% more participants, at least 100% more opportunities.

5 have applied for the vacancy Westland, see below from CV

"The five organisations are the Ballarat Cricket Association, Hoppers Crossing Cricket Club, Melton Cricket Club, Plenty Valley Cricket Club and Werribee Cricket Club."

Interesting to see that CV have deleted Hatch from the Pathway, a bit of bullying no doubt

Interesting and thanks. I'm inner west and have no connection with the 3 outer west clubs, but would be willing to put a few bob on Hoppers getting the nod. Agree with your comment in an earlier post that CV is looking west or north to fill the vacancy. By the way, I think the president of the VTCA has a lengthy connection with Hoppers.

I could not disagree more strongly. It is a great opportunity for over 300 kids to play turf cricket. The format with 6 games over 45 overs is fantastic.
Even if the dividend was stopped, dropping the Craig competition would be a huge mistake.

TOTALLY AGREE!

Only 2 of the 7 games look rain affected in SE and they were lower sides playing the top 2. All other games 300+ runs and a couple 400+. Sides batting first not disadvantaged. Would have been a shame not to play. Malvern was wet on surface but wicket very good after Hatch games during week. Malvern scored 220 off 39 and held Brighton to 180, I thought should have been called off on Friday but admit I and BOM very wrong. Congrats to wet weather committee.

Only 2 of the 7 games look rain affected in SE and they were lower sides playing the top 2. All other games 300+ runs and a couple 400+. Sides batting first not disadvantaged. Would have been a shame not to play. Malvern was wet on surface but wicket very good after Hatch games during week. Malvern scored 220 off 39 and held Brighton to 180, I thought should have been called off on Friday but admit I and BOM very wrong. Congrats to wet weather committee.
How could you say congrats ? A lot of people had to drive over an hour to get to games which had no chance !! Waste of time . Seems like if the SE side is good then its always report to grounds . With sat/sun this week should of made up with 2 one day games like premier is doing !!

Certainly some interesting results yesterday. Mount Waverley and moorabbin were the real surprise packets. Top of the table clash next week in SE will give us a premiership favorite. My tip is oakleigh, but do have some doubts over their batting. Unfortunate to see washouts in NW; PV and Weribee game would have been a cracker.

How could you say congrats ? A lot of people had to drive over an hour to get to games which had no chance !! Waste of time . Seems like if the SE side is good then its always report to grounds . With sat/sun this week should of made up with 2 one day games like premier is doing !!
Easy for premier. Turn a 2 day into a 1 day. Virtually all SE 1 and 2 games played. Why should SE not play because it rains in the north. Could not have a better day for cricket than at Malvern today. Everyone gets to play next Sat and Sun anyway so just means SE teams got an opportunity to play. Now very interesting inSE 2's with 10 teams a finals chance.

Latest edition of VTCA's Leading Edge newsletter provides info on recent discussions between the VSDCA and the VTCA on the CV Taskforce Review. Access via the ForClubs tag on the VTCA website.

Latest edition of VTCA's Leading Edge newsletter provides info on recent discussions between the VSDCA and the VTCA on the CV Taskforce Review. Access via the ForClubs tag on the VTCA website.

Thanks for that. It makes interesting reading. I like what the VTCA have put forward.

I wonder what the subbies and VTCA's joint plans entail and if they could work something of a restructure with just these two organisations.

Back