Subbies Thread

Watched a bit of Caulfield v Ormond yesterday and even without Dorey Caulfield were a mile ahead. King and Warren are a very handy combination. Oakleigh likely to be a contender but batting may struggle. Also a mile between 13th and 14th with Brighton smashing Moorabbin. Interesting position at Xmas for Malvern, what is going on there?

There is a big push from CA to have all T20 competitions on MyCricket from next season, so this will likely make it easier to follow.

It can only make it a good think having all of hte T20 Competitions on MyCricket cant it? Makes it easier to follow what is happening, and easier to compare ladders/ stats etc?

Anyone know which clubs are looking good for Hatch? Have heard a lot of clubs were struggling to even get numbers up

Anyone know which clubs are looking good for Hatch? Have heard a lot of clubs were struggling to even get numbers up
I haven't seen any of the results from today, but I think Brighton will win South easily. Pretty sure they could go all the way, good all round squad. The coach seems to have done a good job in the past

Bit premature. Malvern have no junior program and and always struggle in this comp. Brighton has massive junior program backed by local rep teams. Moorabbin have access to very strong local SECA teams and are always very good. Caulfield are building a junior program and Elsternwick have dropped away in recent years as do not seem to have country relationships that brought them players like Cam White and Dan Sartori.Ormond have gone down the path of using local players as too many of their good players in past went to other clubs. KS are difficult to gauge. In theory should be unbeatable with access to the old Federal area as well as very strong local teams. All depends on recruiting and certainly Brighton well served in that aspect and very well prepared for comp with 2 very experienced coaches at this level. Weather will be very important .

Bit premature. Malvern have no junior program and and always struggle in this comp. Brighton has massive junior program backed by local rep teams. Moorabbin have access to very strong local SECA teams and are always very good. Caulfield are building a junior program and Elsternwick have dropped away in recent years as do not seem to have country relationships that brought them players like Cam White and Dan Sartori.Ormond have gone down the path of using local players as too many of their good players in past went to other clubs. KS are difficult to gauge. In theory should be unbeatable with access to the old Federal area as well as very strong local teams. All depends on recruiting and certainly Brighton well served in that aspect and very well prepared for comp with 2 very experienced coaches at this level. Weather will be very important .
Saints will be OK, solid win yesterday.

I am not surprised I have yet to meet anyone referring to the Hatch under its new name, and ditto for posts on this forum. Comp should accept ''The Hatch'' has for so long be the U15 comp's name that it look to a more appropriate way to honour John Craig.

I am not surprised I have yet to meet anyone referring to the Hatch under its new name, and ditto for posts on this forum. Comp should accept ''The Hatch'' has for so long be the U15 comp's name that it look to a more appropriate way to honour John Craig.
Would suggest that when the dividend goes, so will Hatch/Craig

Would suggest that when the dividend goes, so will Hatch/Craig
Definitely a change in mood since this time last year. Have been told clubs in your region may be the first to be offered incentives to sign up to the CV regional model after the div. phased out. Have you heard the same?

Definitely a change in mood since this time last year. Have been told clubs in your region may be the first to be offered incentives to sign up to the CV regional model after the div. phased out. Have you heard the same?
I have heard nothing. Not sure we would sign up for it, although I am sure there will be a number of subbie clubs that will flat out struggle without the dividend.

The whole thing is not needed
I could not disagree more strongly. It is a great opportunity for over 300 kids to play turf cricket. The format with 6 games over 45 overs is fantastic.
Even if the dividend was stopped, dropping the Craig competition would be a huge mistake.

Am I right in saying that

If a Player is selected
in a Cricket Victoria Regional (Under 14 or Under 16) squad, which
are finalised before the J G Craig registrations, he is ineligible to play in this
Competition?

Am I right in saying that

If a Player is selected
in a Cricket Victoria Regional (Under 14 or Under 16) squad, which
are finalised before the J G Craig registrations, he is ineligible to play in this
Competition?

This has happened before. VSDCA are not part of the VMCU so they pretty much run their own show. Hatch criteria is U15 and that is about it. It doesn't happen often as the overlap of Hatch and Pathways usually means the player is hardly available for Hatch so most coaches wouldn't bother.

Back