Subbies Thread

Any word on fixtures ? Should the subbies look to follow premier cricket with fixtures starting the seasons with one day games then the 2 day cricket starting in mid november .

Fixtures are completed, but won't be released until Hoppers Crossing are formally announced and approved by CV.

I can confirm round 1 will commence with a two-day fixture (for 1st & 2nd XI only) on Sunday 4th October, to commence on Saturday, 10th October. 3rd & 4th XI will begin with one-day matches on the 10th October.

Big issue this season is the AFL GF pushed back a week, and Easter falling in late March, effectively robbing Cricket of two weekends. The Group Finals will take place on the 19th & 20th of March.

Fixtures are completed, but won't be released until Hoppers Crossing are formally announced and approved by CV.

I can confirm round 1 will commence with a two-day fixture (for 1st & 2nd XI only) on Sunday 4th October, to commence on Saturday, 10th October. 3rd & 4th XI will begin with one-day matches on the 10th October.

Big issue this season is the AFL GF pushed back a week, and Easter falling in late March, effectively robbing Cricket of two weekends. The Group Finals will take place on the 19th & 20th of March.

Re Hoppers Crossing, I am puzzled as to why CV approval is needed. Can you throw any light on this?

Very handy pick up. Have noticed your quietly confident demeanor on this forum for a while now, can understand why. South / West just got more interesting.
Yes things looking good. New turf practice wickets. Council looking at new pavilion . Rushworth will be sensational if he does not get an England call up. Currently leading County MVP award. At least 6 other potential 1's players and many ex players coming back. And 2's played in semi last years with very young side. Couple of losses and Hurt will be a loss. Congrats on DMac as coach at Willi. Great bloke and cricketer.

All these big recruits local and overseas are great for the Comp and I cannot wait to see how the year pans out across both South/west North/East groups. South is incredibly strong and nothing can be guaranteed this year. Finals or otherwise. There will be some unlucky teams and some that stamp themselves as new powerhouses. Plenty of talent = terrific cricket week to week.

All these big recruits local and overseas are great for the Comp and I cannot wait to see how the year pans out across both South/west North/East groups. South is incredibly strong and nothing can be guaranteed this year. Finals or otherwise. There will be some unlucky teams and some that stamp themselves as new powerhouses. Plenty of talent = terrific cricket week to week.
I agree.

It would be good if there was an all-star game mid season, would be a good way to bring together the competition and pit the big names on the park on the one day.

This could be a good way for the VSDCA to reinforce it's brand to the cricket community.

Big ins at Kew. Interesting to see the Thornes going to different clubs. Kew must be early favourite in NE. With Oakleigh moving to South and Endeavour Hills loosing players East is wide open. Ingram big loss for Plenty Valley and Balwyn will be pushing . Interesting to see who Brunswick picks up.

Big ins at Kew. Interesting to see the Thornes going to different clubs. Kew must be early favourite in NE. With Oakleigh moving to South and Endeavour Hills loosing players East is wide open. Ingram big loss for Plenty Valley and Balwyn will be pushing . Interesting to see who Brunswick picks up.
Who?

Back