Subbies Thread

Has anyone heard whether or not play is going ahead this weekend?

Tragic event and shocking set of circumstances but I believe a good time for us all to come together, don the black arm bands and share a minute's silence and play the sport that we all love, that what he would've wanted I'm assuming.

Round 5 Tips:

N/W:

Balwyn v Altona
Brunswick v Sunshine
Ivanhoe
v Yarraville
Melton v Kew
Preston v Werribee
Williamstown
v Coburg
Plenty Valley v RPB

S/E:

Croydon v Kingston Saints
Noble Park v Caulfield
Ormond v Mt Waverley
Oakleigh v Malvern
Elsternwick v Endeavour Hills
Box Hill v Moorabbin
Bayswater v Brighton

Some interesting matchups this round.

For the N/W, I'm going with a couple of upsets in Sunshine and Ivanhoe. Though, I would say Brunswick and Sunshine do appear quite an even matchup.

In the S/E, I'm going with Noble to turn their form around against Caulfield and Elsternwick to stop Endeavour Hills winning run.
Plenty Valley the biggest loss there! I don't think you can read to much into it but winning is definitely a habit.
Im surprised to see Kew not win more games at this stage after picking up Gilmore.
Moorabbin look like they are an utter mess, some very heavy losses this season, they will be concerned with where they will end up if the restructure goes ahead.
Endeavour Hills just keep getting it done as the surprise packet, not sure if they have recruited well or what but whatever they are doing its working!
The two grand final winners from last year both really battling, most notably their batting has been very ordinary, I can see at least one of them miss the 6.

This weeks games tips!

Endeavour Hills v Oakleigh Oakleigh
Mt Waverley v Elsternwick Mt Waverly in an upset
Kingston Saints v Ormond Ormond
Caulfield v Croydon Caulfield
Moorabbin v Noble Park Noble Park
Malvern v Bayswater Bayswater
Brighton v Box Hill Brighton

Werribee V Melton - Werribee - Match of the round!
Kew V Williamstown - Kew
Sunshine V Preston - Preston
Yarraville V Brunswick - Yarraville
RPB V Balwyn - RPB
Altona V Ivanhoe - Altona

Plenty Valley the biggest loss there! I don't think you can read to much into it but winning is definitely a habit.
Im surprised to see Kew not win more games at this stage after picking up Gilmore.
Moorabbin look like they are an utter mess, some very heavy losses this season, they will be concerned with where they will end up if the restructure goes ahead.
Endeavour Hills just keep getting it done as the surprise packet, not sure if they have recruited well or what but whatever they are doing its working!
The two grand final winners from last year both really battling, most notably their batting has been very ordinary, I can see at least one of them miss the 6.

This weeks games tips!

Kew V Williamstown - Kew
RPB V Balwyn - RPB

Going to be very interested in who prevails out of Werribee and Melton. Can see Melton getting a big total unless Pilch pulls something special out against his old side. Wasn't as suprised with the RPB victory over Plenty, especially considering it was a one dayer. RPB's attack is as good as anyone's in the comp.

Last edited:

This weeks games tips!

Kew V Williamstown - Kew
RPB V Balwyn - RPB

You left out Plenty Valley v Coburg.. surely PV couldn't lose 3 in a row?

Predictions Round 6:

North / West:

Altona v Ivanhoe
Coburg v Plenty Valley
Kew
v Williamstown
Sunshine v Preston
Werribee v Melton
Yarraville
v Brunswick
RPB v Balwyn

South / East:

Kingston Saints v Ormond
Caulfield
v Croydon
Malvern v Bayswater
Moorabbin v Noble Park
Mt Waverley
v Elsternwick
Endeavour Hills v Oakleigh
Brighton v Box Hill

My tips are similar to yours Herbert. The only differences are Sunshine to beat Preston in what is a pretty even match and Melton over Werribee. In the south east, I've also picked Mt Waverley over Elsternwick. I've gone with Endeavour Hills in an upset over Oakleigh and Box Hill to get past Brighton.

Love PVCC arrogance on twitter. Perhaps a more humble approach until they win a flag and make the jump to Premier.Currently would put them behind Caulfield, Malvern, Ormond, Oakleigh,Werribee and Melton in Subbies.

Some early tips for this weekend:
Plenty Valley v Kew - As always hard to tip against PV. Would be very hard to stop in a one dayer with an aggresive batting line up and some tight spinners. Although RPB pulled it off the previous round so it is possible.
Williamstown v Werribee - Think Werribee will make too many runs for Williamstown, although Sheedy is due for a big one and could get them over the line. Pritchard's influence is lessened only being allowed to bowl 9 overs so surviving him will be a big difference between winning and losing for Willy.
Melton v Sunshine - Melton to really hit their stride. Sunshine struggling again and will be looking forward to the break after being rolled for 50 last week. Really don't understand what they're trying to achieve with have 5 players from the UK in their side.
Preston v Brunswick - Think the Mackay, Brennan and Daykin combination will be too strong for a fair few sides this season.
Balwyn v Coburg - Could be a close one, think Balwyn are due for another win.
Ivanhoe v RPB - Ivanhoe looking much better over the last two rounds. Both sides currently having lots of momentum but think RPB will head into the break 6-1.
Yarraville v Altona - Altona have had a strange season, beating PV a couple of weeks ago and then losing on the first day v Ivanhoe. Yarraville's batting looking strong with Love, Wolfe and now an import who has hit 2 hundreds in 4 games.

Some early tips for this weekend:
Plenty Valley v Kew - As always hard to tip against PV. Would be very hard to stop in a one dayer with an aggresive batting line up and some tight spinners. Although RPB pulled it off the previous round so it is possible.
Williamstown v Werribee - Think Werribee will make too many runs for Williamstown, although Sheedy is due for a big one and could get them over the line. Pritchard's influence is lessened only being allowed to bowl 9 overs so surviving him will be a big difference between winning and losing for Willy.
Melton v Sunshine - Melton to really hit their stride. Sunshine struggling again and will be looking forward to the break after being rolled for 50 last week. Really don't understand what they're trying to achieve with have 5 players from the UK in their side.
Preston v Brunswick - Think the Mackay, Brennan and Daykin combination will be too strong for a fair few sides this season.
Balwyn v Coburg - Could be a close one, think Balwyn are due for another win.
Ivanhoe v RPB - Ivanhoe looking much better over the last two rounds. Both sides currently having lots of momentum but think RPB will head into the break 6-1.
Yarraville v Altona - Altona have had a strange season, beating PV a couple of weeks ago and then losing on the first day v Ivanhoe. Yarraville's batting looking strong with Love, Wolfe and now an import who has hit 2 hundreds in 4 games.

The import for Yarraville, Finch is an England U/19 player from what I am hearing. Heard he is more of a bowler too and has only just started bowling so could be huge after Christmas with two tons already.

With us another lucky win, our batting is not firing at all but somehow we find ourselves in the 6 with some good bowling performances. Sheedy, Gillard and Dervan all can't be far away from runs so expecting us to improve dramatically after Christmas. Not a huge shock for me with Melton knocking over Werribee. Melton the team to beat in my opinion, class batting line up with Allen, Kirk and Geisler. Bowling is strong with Wheelahan, Jones and the Zimbabwian mixed with the two leggies.

Agree with brightboy about Plenty's head wobble on twitter, been the same for the past two years and no silverware. Don't think they are as strong as last season especially in the fast bowling department. RPB if they keep making competitive totals will be extremely hard to beat in my opinion, there bowling is top class.

Just looking at the Club Championship this morning, Morrabbin have 3 points as a whole Club, what is going on there? Has to be a worry!

Finch seems like a good pick up then. According to the net it seems he's played for Sussex too.

Yeah you boys are travelling along nicely considering. Could be dangerous after Christmas when everything clicks. How is Inness tracking? Looks as though he's bowled well over the past two rounds.

Plenty Valley's twitter is very over the top. Some of the clubs are great on it though.

Inness' will never get back to what he was before his peck operation on his left side but is still a very, very good bowler at this level and fingers crossed he stays fit for the rest of the season and if so he will be a handful for any line up.

Back