Subbies Thread

Why should the clubs who can get wickets prepared be penalised because of the clubs who cannot?
Even if we only get 10 games of cricket going this weekend across the competition , that is 220 people playing sport.
We are already starting on the 2nd weekend of October and now we want to give that away, when the weather forecast late in the week is good...........
Get as much cricket started this weekend as we possibly can and if a couple of teams manage to secure 10 points then good luck to them. It is all part of the game.

In the end, the comp needs be fair and reasonable across the competition as a whole, not just reward clubs for getting their grounds/pitches ready.
You would hate to lose out on a finals spot as a result of not being able to play a 2 day game and potentially get maximium points when other clubs could.

Either way, they should announce it tomorrow. All curators will know by lunchtime Wednesday if they'll have a deck for Saturday. I guess the question is, would you be happy to bat first? Would be a shame if the first round was decided by the toss of a coin.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, until the Indian Ocean Dipole dissipates there will reamain a strong possibility of the above-average rainfall continuing.

Victorian Sub-District Cricket Association News
All games cancelled for Saturday October 8 & Sunday October 9

Due to the wet conditions and the large number of grounds that are unavailable, all games scheduled for Saturday October 8 and Sunday October 9 have been cancelled.

Round 1 will now be played as a One Day Fixture on Saturday October 15 (some games to be played on Sunday October 16).

Clubs are to wear full coloured clothing and use white cricket balls.

Last updated: Wednesday October 5, 2016 8:51PM

Author: Ken Hilton

Top 6s for both comps (in order)

North/South
Caulfield
Oakleigh
Brunswick
Brighton
Plenty Valley
Ormond

East/West
Bayswater
Werribee
Altona
Croydon
Yarraville
Melton

Box Hill will be a massive improver, can win East/West. I'll tip them to play off against Melton who also have huge ins. Caulfield to play off against PV in North/South. Ormond and Oakleigh to struggle.

Box Hill will be a massive improver, can win East/West. I'll tip them to play off against Melton who also have huge ins. Caulfield to play off against PV in North/South. Ormond and Oakleigh to struggle.
Few on here continue to discount Oakleigh - they'll certainly be top 4. Ormond will miss Harrison and other departures but given their recruiting history I'm sure they'll find more than suitable replacements

Back