Subbies Thread

Few on here continue to discount Oakleigh - they'll certainly be top 4. Ormond will miss Harrison and other departures but given their recruiting history I'm sure they'll find more than suitable replacements

I am not knocking Oakleigh, I picked them to playoff at this time last year. Bowling is top shelf, but it shouldn't be underestimated the overs and wickets that Allen and Travaglia contributed last season. Their batting is significantly weaker and there is huge pressure on McGuinness to make big scores and for Warren to rebound after a miserable 15/16. Think they are out of flag contention and will struggle. Could sneak in to the lower reaches of the six but that will depend on how much Coburg and Brunswick improve and if Ormond have acquired any quality replacements.

Werribee kept the signing of Michael Kelly from Footscray very quiet.

Definitely the team to beat in East/West now.

Blow for Yarraville with Harrison missing Round 1.

I am not knocking Oakleigh, I picked them to playoff at this time last year. Bowling is top shelf, but it shouldn't be underestimated the overs and wickets that Allen and Travaglia contributed last season. Their batting is significantly weaker and there is huge pressure on McGuinness to make big scores and for Warren to rebound after a miserable 15/16. Think they are out of flag contention and will struggle. Could sneak in to the lower reaches of the six but that will depend on how much Coburg and Brunswick improve and if Ormond have acquired any quality replacements.
I believe Ormond are going with what they had left.

Subbies is just getting stronger. Huge influx of quality players. Used to think was at a level below Premier 2's but think most clubs would beat Premier 2's now. Know a lot of players playing Premier 2's and they would not be guaranteed Subbies 1's spots. Agree that Elsternwick are a good bet.

Interesting sidenote from the weekend was the news that Baldry is having a year off. Still think Caulfield will win North/South but that makes it a little tougher. Is there anything behind the scenes? Hard to understand having a year off when they look past the post.

Back