Subbies Thread

There was a lot of rain, I wouldn't be surprised if a few lower XI games don't get up. We got our covers down on Wednesday night, so pitch will be bone dry, but I can sympathise if a few grounds in rain belt areas are not playable.

Some unique results across the weekend in both groups with nearly all the chasers winning in North/South and the sides with runs on the board winning in East/West.
Brighton chasing down St Bernards 300 odd the highlight and the leaders,Balwyn staggering against Hoppers.
Willy win their 2nd consecutive game outright to go top for the 1st time in a while as Endeavour Hills really struggling rooted to the bottom.
Werribee v Melton probably the pick of this weeks onedayers before the break.

Good effort. Best run chase ever for a club starting its 175th year. Playing 1 short with rain all week it was a remarkable effort and great effort by Damiano. Big T20 on Tuesday Brighton v Caulfield.

Great to see Malvern debuting a 14 and a 15 year old tomorrow,thats what our great comp is all about.
Maybe there's another handscombe among them,and they want to disband us,i don't think so!!!

Jayde is close friends with two of our previous First XI captains, he's moving back to Melbourne for work, that's the connection. Both are still involved at the club, without playing.

Can't really see Oakleigh losing the North/South from here. Not many guys can handle 140kph+ stuff in subbies. Rummans the obvious exception. Caulfield probably just rely on him too much.

Final 6 in North /South pretty much decided now . PV, Caulfield and Oakleigh all a chance and the rest making up numbers. My tip would be Oakleigh particularly if Herrick does qualify.

I believe the Caulfield/Malvern washout from earlier in the season is under protest. That would further enhance Caulfields ladder position.
Oakleigh and Plenty are the obvious other stand out teams.
There were some major upsets early in the season but the bulk of those were short format games. Not sure who else could challenge the above 3. Elsternwick v Caulfield should be a good one this weekend!

Back