Subbies Thread

Cracking game set up with Brunswick v Kew. Both would be slightly nervous with PV getting 235 at Williamstown. At least Yarraville get to enjoy their Saturday night!

North West group 1st XI semi finals:
Melton v Williamstown at MacPherson Park
Kew v Plenty Valley at Victoria Park (South)

North/West group 2nd XI semi finals:
Brunswick v Williamstown at AG Gillon Oval
Werribee v Plenty Valley at Soldiers Reserve

North/West group 3rd XI semi finals:
Plenty Valley v Preston at AK Line Reserve
Yarraville v Williamstown at Yarraville Oval

North/West group 4th XI semi finals:
Brunswick v Plenty Valley at Holbrook Reserve
Kew v Yarraville at Victoria Park (North)

South/East group 1st XI semi finals:
Caulfield v Noble Park at Caulfield Park
Oakleigh v Bayswater at Warrawee Park Oval

South/East group 2nd XI semi finals:
Oakleigh v Malvern at Malvern Cricket Ground
Bayswater v Box Hill at Bayswater Oval

South/East group 3rd XI semi finals:
Bayswater v Brighton at Bayswater Park
Oakleigh v Box Hill at WA Scammel Reserve

South/East group 4th XI semi finals:
Bayswater v Oakleigh at TBC
Box Hill v Croydon at Box Hill City Oval

Anyone else oppose the thinking of a procession in the S/E this week? Caulfield vs Oakleigh in the big dance.

North/West a bit harder to pick. Wiliamstown and Kew for me.

After last weeks effort,0 from 3 not sure if I should be tipping,but I'll go Willy and Plenty Valley in NW and the 2 logical picks in the SE,Caulfield and Oakleigh.
The toss will be vital in all games,whoever bats first could have a big advantage with the predicted weather.

Anyone else oppose the thinking of a procession in the S/E this week? Caulfield vs Oakleigh in the big dance.

North/West a bit harder to pick. Wiliamstown and Kew for me.

Straight sets for Noble, Bayswater a sneaky chance as Oakleigh's batting is a question mark.

All the interest this weekend will be on Kew vs PV, there is no love between these two after last years QF. Love to see Kew get up.

Straight sets for Noble, Bayswater a sneaky chance as Oakleigh's batting is a question mark.

All the interest this weekend will be on Kew vs PV, there is no love between these two after last years QF. Love to see Kew get up.

PV have the wood well and truly over them and will be playing Williamstown in the GF.

A few of those Kew boys go well and truly missing when the heat is on.

Congrats to all 4 teams playing in the GF's, especially Baysie with all 4 XI's in the big one. Think Oakleigh would swap Kenny for one team in the GF after their weekend. Kew seemed to enjoy singing the song after their win, 12 months wait for revenge :)

Caulfield to win but Baysie are in form and will show more resistance than Box Hill and Noble did. Main interest in that game will be who from Caulfield announces their retirements after they win.

Kew to beat Willi , only due to home ground advantage, think that will be a cracker.

If I was Caulfield I'd be very nervous,I've seen it happen many times the side that goes through undefeated and looks unbeatable fall at the last.
I agree the N/W final is a toss up,both sides make a lot of runs,Willy bat down to 10 which might give them an edge,should be a beauty,the early forecast a bit concerning though?

Enjoy the footy season
If I was Caulfield I'd be very nervous,I've seen it happen many times the side that goes through undefeated and looks unbeatable fall at the last.
I agree the N/W final is a toss up,both sides make a lot of runs,Willy bat down to 10 which might give them an edge,should be a beauty,the early forecast a bit concerning though?

Correct, Willy too much depth for Kew, boys from Vic Park carrying on like they have won it already.. almost rivaling PV for most painful/self indulgent on social media.

Correct, Willy too much depth for Kew, boys from Vic Park carrying on like they have won it already.. almost rivaling PV for most painful/self indulgent on social media.
What was on social media? I didn’t see much on their twitter feed, apart from maybe claiming it was “raining wickets”.

Back