Subbies Thread

I'm sure you do care about cricket in your own way, and enjoy your club's success, but I think it's time you considered taking your negativity about everything outside of that elsewhere.

This is the second time you and I have admonished TC for his wearisome negativity. The covers were laid on Tuesday night on my pitch and I was able to fold it back yesterday and roll both am and pm after which it had firmed up considerably. Prior to leaving I folded the cover back over the pitch. We had 70 mils here overnight, but provided the weather clears up tomorrow and I then get assistance from the players in handling the now water laden cover, I have a chance of providing a satisfactory pitch by Saturday. It will be interesting to see the willingness of the players to lend a hand given their team finished higher!! That's an issue the club's admin may need to address as I have no authority to give directions to the players.

I'm sure you do care about cricket in your own way, and enjoy your club's success, but I think it's time you considered taking your negativity about everything outside of that elsewhere.
I meant Tuesday night , it's not fair on the curators . Council ones are not allowed to remove covers. It didn't rain on Wednesday .

We actually have 4 senior turf sides all competing in CSB with our 1s,2s and 4s making finals this season and our Masters team winning the grand final on Sunday. Where our club is different from last time when we were in Subbies is our junior program with over 120 local children playing for our great club and growing each season, the club is also working hard to get a women's cricket program up and running for next season and beyond. We are also looking at fielding more senior teams next season, The mighty Borough are flying on and off the field.
Hope you can get back into the Subbies with Donvale Strathmore and Bentleigh

I meant Tuesday night , it's not fair on the curators . Council ones are not allowed to remove covers. It didn't rain on Wednesday .
Heard a rumour the guy that does the wicket at Murrumbeena Park and Glenhuntly Park has his wicket cut and marked up on Tuesday to avoid the rain that has hit Melbourne today.
Can this be confirmed by people in the know with contacts at Glen Eira council

If you didnt get covers down, surely you are at long odds of playing? Putting covers down for a 70ml downpour is the only option?

Fully agree. I long ago gave up trying to understand why TC is so negative. I only respond to his posts when I consider they give me an opportunity to put forward my thoughts on a particular matter.
All that needed to be done on Wednesday was for the cover to be folded back sufficiently to expose the pitch for mowing and rolling and for it to be folded back and re-pegged on completion of that work. Even in respect to clubs who enjoy a level of Council support in the handling of their cover, the ultimate responsibility in complying with the VTCA's by-laws in respect to covers rests with the clubs.

Heard a rumour the guy that does the wicket at Murrumbeena Park and Glenhuntly Park has his wicket cut and marked up on Tuesday to avoid the rain that has hit Melbourne today.
Can this be confirmed by people in the know with contacts at Glen Eira council
Can confirm that and Princes Park , that's why they didn't want them covered till Wednesday arvo and it's worked.

Fully agree. I long ago gave up trying to understand why TC is so negative. I only respond to his posts when I consider they give me an opportunity to put forward my thoughts on a particular matter.

All that needed to be done on Wednesday was for the cover to be folded back sufficiently to expose the pitch for mowing and rolling and for it to be folded back and re-pegged on completion of that work. Even in respect to clubs who enjoy a level of Council support in the handling of their cover, the ultimate responsibility in complying with the VTCA's by-laws in respect to covers rests with the clubs.
It's not negative , it's common sense . You come across as the only one in Melbourne that knows how to curate.

Can anyone confirm the rumour that a leading Horticultural company UMS have been having discussions with Glen Eira council about taking over the curatoring and oval maintenance from next season onwards?

Caroline Springs Cricket Club, affiliated with the Victorian Turf Cricket Association, the North West Metropolitan Cricket Association and the Cricket Victoria Women’s Community Cricket, require the services of a ‘playing’ or ‘non-playing’ Senior Coach for the 2020/21 season and beyond.

Currently competing in Division 4 of the VTCA, CSCC’s 1st and 2nd XI play on turf, whilst our 3rd and 4th XI compete in two day and our 5th XI in one day competitions in the NWMCA. Our Ladies team compete in the T20 Competition in the CVWCC. The Playing/nonplaying coach will be responsible for managing player recruitment, creating and facilitating training programs, team selections, and driving the growth of a positive and competitive club first culture.

CSCC’s senior playing group consists of a good mix of experienced players and junior players across all six teams with a large volunteer support network for the successful applicant.

Interested parties should forward their CV including recent playing and or coaching experience. Applicants will be required to provide or obtain a valid working with children check. CSCC are happy to discuss remuneration to the successful applicant therefore a Level 1 coaching qualification or better is preferred.

Internal and external applicants are invited to apply, and all applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Forward applications to Geoff Gray (CSCC President) at carolinespringscc@outlook.com

They are a disgrace

Turfie IMHO cancelling a cricket game is inconsistent with other ongoing activities that are currently considered completely acceptable. Playing cricket, in the open, keeping your distance, would be far lesser risk than catching a plane, going to the supermarket, having a beer at the pub, I could go on. The Merc just has the cohunas to call it as they see it

Turfie IMHO cancelling a cricket game is inconsistent with other ongoing activities that are currently considered completely acceptable. Playing cricket, in the open, keeping your distance, would be far lesser risk than catching a plane, going to the supermarket, having a beer at the pub, I could go on. The Merc just has the cohunas to call it as they see it
That's fair , but they don't give a stuff about anyone else and are a curators nightmare.

Back