Subbies Thread

I see on the Subbies website that they have split the 3s and 4s into 2 divisions that aren't in their regional grouping. Anybody know why and how they worked this out?

My guess would be creating more competitive standards across both 3s and 4s? Instead of 4 teams dominating across each division and 4 being bang average, now the average ones might win a game or 2 and not give the game up? The Club I used to play at had massive player retention issues due to getting flogged every week guaranteed

My guess would be creating more competitive standards across both 3s and 4s? Instead of 4 teams dominating across each division and 4 being bang average, now the average ones might win a game or 2 and not give the game up? The Club I used to play at had massive player retention issues due to getting flogged every week guaranteed

I

Iv heard that Dandenong District touch wood want a November 6 November start with 1st X1 playing Saturday and Sunday up to Xmas is sub district looking doing something similar?

Recent posts have me wondering whether it has dawned on these posters the fundamental change that has resulted from the premier's announcement of the abandonment of the control/elimination strategy. Please understand we are now in the "having to live with delta scenario" as the consequence of the premier's change of strategy. He tried his utmost to eliminate the delta variant and, in the short-term at least, it would have been better for all Melbournians if he had succeeded. The state government will now go back to the drawing board to decide when team sports may be permitted and the conditions of play. May it be a condition only players who have been double jabbed will be permitted to participate in team sports? Yes, pure unsubstantiated speculation on my part, but I just feel it may assist in you understanding the problems the government will have to grapple with in arriving at how team sports may operate without putting at risk the hospitals becoming overcome with covid cases.

Ignoring what might happen with Covid, I suspect splitting the 3rds and 4ths may be due to expanding the comp. The two extra matches will require the 1sts and 2nds playing more often on Sundays. They might not want the 3rds and 4ths to do that. Just a thought...

Ignoring what might happen with Covid, I suspect splitting the 3rds and 4ths may be due to expanding the comp. The two extra matches will require the 1sts and 2nds playing more often on Sundays. They might not want the 3rds and 4ths to do that. Just a thought...
Only 1 Sat/Sun game listed.

That's a couple of weeks earlier than last season, but all one day games look almost certain I think. Still a fair bit of water to pass under the bridge before we can start though (or perhaps vaccines into people's arms).

I’m hearing it will be compulsory to have the 2 jabs for all players in premier cricket at all levels before they are allowed to play this year.
I find it hard if this true considering not all people have even received 1 jab bar 2 jabs.
But after hearing about today’s figures cricket might not even start to December.
Just hope it doesn’t get worse with numbers and we can get in some cricket.

Indeed. Quote concerning when the figures, both here and in NSW, are going up so quickly, to hear both Premiers say October will be the worst month.

I’m hearing it will be compulsory to have the 2 jabs for all players in premier cricket at all levels before they are allowed to play this year.
I find it hard if this true considering not all people have even received 1 jab bar 2 jabs.
But after hearing about today’s figures cricket might not even start to December.
Just hope it doesn’t get worse with numbers and we can get in some cricket.

The state government will not allow team sports to commence until it is satisfied doing so will not risk hospitals being overwhelmed by covid cases. Consider this, you need urgent admission to hospital as a result of suffering bone fractures only to be told, sorry, we don't have a bed for you right now, they are all taken up by covid cases. The state government will not allow that to happen. That is why double jabs will be a prerequisite for cricket to get underway.

I see the india v england test was cancelled due to a covid scare in india camp, i am assuming something similar will happen when we start playing. Wont be an issue in one dayers, what do we do about the 2 dayers though?

I see the india v england test was cancelled due to a covid scare in india camp, i am assuming something similar will happen when we start playing. Wont be an issue in one dayers, what do we do about the 2 dayers though?

For all this speculation to come to end we need the state government to tell us the conditions , if any, it will permit cricket to played this season. Until the government conveys this to CV it is powerless to give us any meaningful advice.

For all this speculation to come to end we need the state government to tell us the conditions , if any, it will permit cricket to played this season. Until the government conveys this to CV it is powerless to give us any meaningful advice.
Won't happen till people stop spreading it .CV is in regular contact .

Back