Subbies Thread

I don’t make enough during the week and I’m not good enough to be paid on the weekends. I love my cricket and the club nonetheless.

What about you Winki??
You seem to be very keen on the cash. Are you one of those players?
I wonder who your sources are r.e. Money that is spent at certain clubs or do you just guess like some of these other blokes on here.

This aged well....too much cash and too many points now

What an absolute disgrace Brighton are. Two weeks in a row they choose to take the field with 10. All because they refuse to accept the "umpire's decision". They disrespect their opposition and disrespect the association. I am shocked the VSDCA haven't come down hard on this, take their points off them, financial penalty, do something. If I was playing them next week I would be informing the comp right now that my club was claiming a forfeit, maybe the comp should rush in a new rule outlawing this disgraceful practice. Appalling unsportsmanlike behaviour that has permanently damaged their club.

What an absolute disgrace Brighton are. Two weeks in a row they choose to take the field with 10. All because they refuse to accept the "umpire's decision". They disrespect their opposition and disrespect the association. I am shocked the VSDCA haven't come down hard on this, take their points off them, financial penalty, do something. If I was playing them next week I would be informing the comp right now that my club was claiming a forfeit, maybe the comp should rush in a new rule outlawing this disgraceful practice. Appalling unsportsmanlike behaviour that has permanently damaged their club.
Can someone please explain why they have only fielded 10 players for those like me who are unaware?

I see that of the 4 new clubs, both Strathmore and Spotswood have made a very strong start to the season. Not only in the 1’s, but across all their teams. Donvale and Port struggling a little at this stage, but will hopefully improve as the season progresses.

Has anyone heard why theres no result of Altona v Werribee,ists and 2nds? I did hear it had something to do with Werribee wanting to go to Werribee Cup day?If thats true then it makes Brighton look like choir boys,confirmation anyone?

Whats everyone opinion on the four new clubs that were admitted this season, Strathmore and Spotswood have been more than competitive and look like they may play finals, while Donvale and Port after a slow start seemed to have won a few games.

Whats everyone opinion on the four new clubs that were admitted this season, Strathmore and Spotswood have been more than competitive and look like they may play finals, while Donvale and Port after a slow start seemed to have won a few games.

They've been outstanding really, added considerably to the competition and hopefully will continue to prosper. Strathmore a genuine chance to make the GF and Spotswood should have played finals but for a last round slip up.

Back