Test XI Selection Thread

Another stuff up from Haddin behind the stumps today to miss a relatively straightforward catch. Worst keeper that I've seen play for Australia, no chance to get dropped though of course. Wish that they would at least put another keeper in the squad for Perth to send a message.

Another stuff up from Haddin behind the stumps today to miss a relatively straightforward catch. Worst keeper that I've seen play for Australia, no chance to get dropped though of course. Wish that they would at least put another keeper in the squad for Perth to send a message.
What's the point he is so bad and they still don't get rid of him. His bating is worse that Pattinson and he catchs like mullins. Can't bat can't catch. We need Wade now.

Only one change for Perth, Pattinson ruled out with foot injury and Starc in.

This is not good. Another injured bowler. Are we bringing them in to early? I can not believe they don't get rid of Haddin. Two catchs down, another off the gloves to first slip, byes because he was out of position.

Haddin and the selectors talk like he'll be there forever... not good signs for change if you ask me.

I've got to back Siddle now, he's changed his entire game from the first time we saw him (upon which I immediately called him an idiot and wouldn't back him for my life) but he seems to have sat down, looked at his career and taken some maturity pills. He can now bowl spell after spell of consistently good bowling and is constantly threatening, all while not being the total pillock he used to be. I take my hat off to him. Pattinson has a lot he could learn from him.

Khawaja has disappointed me. From what I saw of him he never looked comfortable in domestic cricket and never thought he should have made the national side, at least not yet.

Ryan Harris looks set to come in for the Perth Test, which answers the injured Pattinson problem, and hopeflly dispells the four-pronged pace attack that I didn't want to happen.

It's amazing how little heat Haddin has copped from the media and commentators considering the scrutiny that champions like Ponting and Hussey received recently.

Heck even watching Graham Manou behind the stumps for Melbourne tonight he took a couple of great saves that I swear Haddin would've got within a metre of. I guess you get that with proper wicket keepers..

Loud mouth Haddin out for a 3rd ball duck at the WACA.

Atleast he caught the ball this time but he is appalling and the commentators continue to sing his praises. Haddin is clearly the prime example of a player how should not be there and for some reason is being protected.
Great effort by Warner. Four tests and two very different tons. He shows potential but needs to find a way to start with more reassurance. As for the overall effort you would have to again say it felt fragile with the bat. Both the openers did a great job then Marsh showed how out of touch he is. What sort of reshuffle will come when Watson regains fitness. He is no NO:1 and the openers deserve their spots, the old guard are protected and the bowling attach don't need him, warner is also not a NO:1 and Cowan is not assertive enough. There needs to be a settling of the pattern.

According to Rodney Hogg Paine finished as a keeper due to complications from the surgery to his finger. He will have to focus on batting now if he wants to get back into the Aussie team. The Gods are smiling for Haddin. Great knock by Ponting and Clarke but with the Ashes in 2013 do we really believe we can take them off the Poms with Ponting,Hussey and Haddin in the team? Just think it is time to start blooding the next generation otherwise the Aussies will look the Indians when we get to the Old Dart.

Wade is the answer to the Haddin problem though because he had an average performance in Adelaide the commentators were singing his praises like he was a demi-god. Haddin and Marsh need to go away. The touring party for the WI is my next interest. I think it will be interesting for the batsmen to see what they do. My Ideas are along these lines.

Keeper - Wade

Batsmen - Clarke, Ponting, Hussey, Warner, Cowan, Watson, Khawaja, Furgeson

Bowlers - Lyon, Hilfy, Siddle, Harris, Pattinson and Cummins.

Would prefer Nevill at Test level over Wade tbh, his keeping is pretty mediocre. Wade imo is an absolute lock for the shorter formats though, big fan of his batting there which gets him well over the line.

Wade is the answer to the Haddin problem though because he had an average performance in Adelaide the commentators were singing his praises like he was a demi-god. Haddin and Marsh need to go away. The touring party for the WI is my next interest. I think it will be interesting for the batsmen to see what they do. My Ideas are along these lines.

Keeper - Wade

Batsmen - Clarke, Ponting, Hussey, Warner, Cowan, Watson, Khawaja, Furgeson

Bowlers - Lyon, Hilfy, Siddle, Harris, Pattinson and Cummins.

Fergusson is not making enough runs. Playing on the road most of the time he needs to do more. What has Khawaja done recently?

Fergusson is not making enough runs. Playing on the road most of the time he needs to do more. What has Khawaja done recently?

What has any of them done lately. We have been indulging in this cheap T20 rubbish, degrading the skill base and shortening our concentration spans so we can not point the finger at anyone and say they are going well as they are not.
Khawaja did nothing to be dropped in the first place. He was finding it hard to handle the no:1 position but that really should have been filled by one of the experienced players and not thrust upon a kid. As it is, his well composed 30's and 40's that were showing potential would have been a dam site better than the rubbish put up by Marsh. This kid has great potential and deserves the opportunity to hold a position not just fill in for an injured player.

As for Fergusson i will take your advice, but where else is there a batsman putting up their hand with strong innings of concentration? T20 will kill Test cricket if it is not put in its place.

What has any of them done lately. We have been indulging in this cheap T20 rubbish, degrading the skill base and shortening our concentration spans so we can not point the finger at anyone and say they are going well as they are not.
Khawaja did nothing to be dropped in the first place. He was finding it hard to handle the no:1 position but that really should have been filled by one of the experienced players and not thrust upon a kid. As it is, his well composed 30's and 40's that were showing potential would have been a dam site better than the rubbish put up by Marsh. This kid has great potential and deserves the opportunity to hold a position not just fill in for an injured player.

As for Fergusson i will take your advice, but where else is there a batsman putting up their hand with strong innings of concentration? T20 will kill Test cricket if it is not put in its place.
wouldnt let any NSW bats back in after that debarcle in the west

Well the WI tour is coming and how the selectors will build toward the Ashes will be interesting. I think Forrest looks to have a good technique. Very straight bat and temperament is good. His shield average isn't that good though but mind you nor is anyones.

Been thinking, if change is here how about this for WI team.

Cowan
Warner
Forrest
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Wade
Pattinson
Siddle
Hilfy
Lyon

Been thinking, if change is here how about this for WI team.

Cowan
Warner
Forrest
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Wade
Pattinson
Siddle
Hilfy
Lyon

Like it Nairbe, reality tells us Ponting goes as # 3 with Forrest as back up bat, Harris fighting for pace spot, Starc as back up bowler. Bye bye Brad.

Back