The BaggyGreens Thread

Signman

also known as Mal
Some probs this morning submitting posts mate. Reason for all the deletions?

:thumbsu: Let me know when your guys are next playing red ball or do you prefer to create the thread?
Mate, we started our Plunket Shield 4 Day domestic comp in Oct 2020 - but just found out we don't play the last 4 rounds of the Plunket Shield until this March, so we're going to be flooded with white ball domestic cricket until then... do you want me to create the 'Australasian Domestic Cricket' thread today ?

baggygreen man

also known as Richie or Baggers
Staff member
Mate I suppose it wont hurt to include white ball in our thread. Our red ball comp returns on Feb12 and is now combined with our 50 over comp.
So you like us have a domestic red ball comp truncated by a white ball one. How annoying is this. This kills red ball form and momentum imo.

Last edited:

Signman

also known as Mal
Ok Craig you start that thread in Feb :thumbsu: ...don't think I'll bother starting a domestic white ball thread, like you I'm much more interested in the red ball stuff.

Signman

also known as Mal
That's very strange Craig - all the words & numbers are backwards... the names on players shirts, signage around the ground, scoreboard wording etc... feels like we're watching a Twilight Zone episode mate 😄

Gilchrist was a great cricketer... his ball striking was outstanding in that innings.

baggygreen man

Staff member
Pete for me one of the most annoying parts of red ball cricket is umps not no balling anything down the leg side. Well that may be about to change. I am seeing this rule now being used in WA Premier Cricket. If introduced in state and national red ball cricket, someone like Starc would be no balled out of the game.. dead set. You bloke Wagner too.

I have been watching the U17 Ted Hussey Shield in the WAPC setup and the SACA and Tassie cricket equivalent red ball comps and like what I see from some of these boys. I enjoy watching these kids as they start their cricket journey. I take note of those that impress me.. mostly with the bat and see it they have made their state pathways program. I'd have enjoyed a job as a cricket scout.

Last edited:

Signman

also known as Mal
Yeah, bowling down leg is a very frustrating watch, also negative as well - hope it does change, will make the bowlers focus more on middle & off or just outside off... also really annoys me seeing so much no balling from bowlers overstepping the line, it's brainless, clearly they don't practice staying behind the line at training, should be practising match situations, if they did that you'd hardly see any no balls bowled in white ball or red ball cricket.

That's for sure Craig, a cricket scout would be a great job.

Last edited:

Signman

also known as Mal
Hilarious - all you can do is focus on making an absolute mountain out of a molehill concerning that video clip - which tends to tell me you don't have clue how to analyse the batsmen & bowlers & also the tactics of the game of cricket... & where are all your posts on the cricket threads ???

Both Richie & I also post on other cricket forums too.

Last edited:

baggygreen man

Staff member
Never struck me the uploader Robelinda was having a loan of us. Just took it that Gilly was ambidextrous and that I must've missed that particular game..

Last edited:

baggygreen man

Staff member
Yeah, bowling down leg is a very frustrating watch, also negative as well - hope it does change, will make the bowlers focus more on middle & off or just outside off... also really annoys me seeing so much no balling from bowlers overstepping the line, it's brainless, clearly they don't practice staying behind the line at training, should be practising match situations, if they did that you'd hardly see any no balls bowled in white ball or red ball cricket.

That's for sure Craig, a cricket scout would be a great job.
:thumbsu:

baggygreen man

Staff member
Pete as far as I know the Saffer tour is going ahead. Planned security bubble for the players at a remote luxury resort. Oh the life of an elite sportsman.

baggygreen man

Staff member
Just been announced Pete:
Australia Test squad for Qantas Tour of South Africa: Tim Paine (c), Sean Abbott, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Moises Henriques, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Will Pucovski, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Mark Steketee, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner.

Signman

also known as Mal
As mentioned in the other thread Craig would've preferred a change of captain.

Don't know much about the following players mate... Abbott, Carey, Henriques, Neser, Steketee & Swepson.

baggygreen man

Staff member
Evidently Pete CA is happy with Paine as captain. Abbott. Henriques, Steketee surprise selections. Reserves I'd say..tho Henriques may get a gig. He is an all rounder of sorts. Coming off two solid domestic seasons. Is now retirement age so baffling. Alex Carey is heir apparent keeper when Tim hangs up the gloves. Holds the Shield season keeping record. Is a competent bat. Mike Neser has been reserve bowler for past three series. So until CA is ready to dump Starc he and James Pattinson remain bench warmers. Swepson is a promising leggie. Fairly sure I have told you about him. Took the Shield by storm with four consec. 5fors. before BBL break.