The BaggyGreens Thread

'The Smith/Head partnership of 251*, has eclipsed our previous Ashes best for the fourth wicket at the Oval of 243 set by The Don and Archie Jackson in 1930.

Last edited:
When Marnus went I half expected a mini collapse. Did not eventuate with Smith for the umpteenth time in his gloried career playing the sheet anchor while Travis made merry.

Honestly I actually think Australia is by far the least collapse prone team in world cricket at the moment, purely due to the fact that the top 7 are all very good batsman.

At the moment we don’t rely on a particular batsman to score runs, you’ll think maybe Marnus and Khawaja are carrying the team but then they’ll shit the bed and Green and Head will share a 150 run partnership.

Even Warner played a very good knock yesterday and he’s the weakest link in the team.

Just finished watching the third session I missed and dead set India let us off the hook after tea with some shoddy bowling, specially from their fine veteran Shami who practically piggy backed Trav to his ton.

the least collapse prone team in world cricket at the moment
Yes the Aussie batting lineup today is more steady unlike in mid 2010s when Steve Smith dug us out of hole after hole, practically won us games single handedly. The guy was a freak then and still is today. He will retire as one of our all time greats.

Last edited:
Gee whiz I hope Green's dolly doesn't come back to bite us on the bum.

Boland & Cummins have the Indians jumping about.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Our fielding has let India off the hook tonight.

Any chance Cummins will give Lyon a bowl?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Seems like it.

Another thing is why tf is the field so defensive, there’s been a bunch of balls that have ballooned up into vacant areas.

Back