the best u/21 players in the wdca

Re: the best u/21 players in the wdca

Interested to hear your opinion on the standard of players you have had. The comp has a lot of good young players, but can be hard to get them down to play though.

The best players under 21 who still play wdca are all under the age of 17.

The likes of Wes Whitfield (1s vsdca) Jake Handcock (under 15s, 2nds vsdca) and im sure willy and Werribee have a few of the same standard are the best players in there comps, to good to play seniors in the wdca.

bogan4life;113289 said:

The likes of Wes Whitfield (1s vsdca) Jake Handcock (under 15s, 2nds vsdca) and im sure willy and Werribee have a few of the same standard are the best players in there comps, to good to play seniors in the wdca.

yer if u read the first page i asked for the best players in the wadca not subbies........ive picked the side already wes and jake would not even get in the side as i have seen them in the flesh...........alot of young talent thats going around the willy comp nowdays is good......
dont pump up th altona boys bogan:mad:

bogan4life;113289 said:

You must have watched alot of wadca senior cricket to have made these comments!! :rolleyes:

weapons05/06;113350 said:
yer if u read the first page i asked for the best players in the wadca not subbies........ive picked the side already wes and jake would not even get in the side as i have seen them in the flesh...........alot of young talent thats going around the willy comp nowdays is good......
dont pump up th altona boys bogan:mad:

you have seen them on mats? or on turf?

Different ball game.

You would find there would be a lot of talent playing in the wdca under 17s comps and so on that are playing seniors in VTCA VSDCA and so on.

If players such as keane or janith are even brought up then something is wrong, they would not make a top grade side anywhere.

Just my 2 cents. And btw i do see a bit of this comp, coach a junior side in it.

GoBulls;113517 said:
You must have watched alot of wadca senior cricket to have made these comments!! :rolleyes:

Well knowing the difference in standard in subbies and local comp if someone can make a fair bit of runs at 2s level they would make a lot at the wdca level. I have seen a few of the players who make it in to clubs first in that comp, and Bar Grand united id say must would struggle to play 2s subbies at best.

bogan4life;113603 said:
you have seen them on mats? or on turf?

Different ball game.

You would find there would be a lot of talent playing in the wdca under 17s comps and so on that are playing seniors in VTCA VSDCA and so on.

If players such as keane or janith are even brought up then something is wrong, they would not make a top grade side anywhere.

Just my 2 cents. And btw i do see a bit of this comp, coach a junior side in it.

what grade do u coach????seen them on the mats bogan........
they are in the vtca and arnt eligable to play in the wadca

bogan4life;113604 said:
Well knowing the difference in standard in subbies and local comp if someone can make a fair bit of runs at 2s level they would make a lot at the wdca level. I have seen a few of the players who make it in to clubs first in that comp, and Bar Grand united id say must would struggle to play 2s subbies at best.

Having played quite a bit of cricket in both the WDCA and in the subbies I would say that the standard in both comps has dropped away quite alot. The 1's in subbies is still quite strong, but after that the depth of players is not the same as it was say 6 or 8 yrs ago. In saying that a solid 1's player in the WDCA would pretty much walk into a subbies 2's team.

One other major difference is the standard of wickets that you play on the local comp compared to 1's and 2's in the subbies. Besides a couple of tracks which are well maintained the standards are not that great which does not help in the quality of the cricket.

The U/21 kids that play in this comp will see how playing on good wickets will help them to develop as players.

Right Arm Speed;113904 said:
Anyone rate Trent Waring from Yarraville Juniors? .. Good bowler who also made 56* on the weekend

looks like centrals are going to struggle in the a's might have to bring up some of your b grade players who are going well......

as for trent yer good player was supposed to play at willy but as u know people talk ******** ...............

tall pretty quick because of his height hits the deck hard which is good for a young bowler...........

did he play against centrals?????

young dan davis scored a brilliant hundred against hoppers 18 boundries 2 sixes chancless

bandit;113837 said:
Having played quite a bit of cricket in both the WDCA and in the subbies I would say that the standard in both comps has dropped away quite alot. The 1's in subbies is still quite strong, but after that the depth of players is not the same as it was say 6 or 8 yrs ago. In saying that a solid 1's player in the WDCA would pretty much walk into a subbies 2's team.

One other major difference is the standard of wickets that you play on the local comp compared to 1's and 2's in the subbies. Besides a couple of tracks which are well maintained the standards are not that great which does not help in the quality of the cricket.

The U/21 kids that play in this comp will see how playing on good wickets will help them to develop as players.

thats a great asessment:)

Yeh mate we are stuggling bad , at the start of the season a couple of our best players left us for Werribee and we seemed in ruins now .. Our B's seem to be going oright and we may give them a go , they deserve the oppurtunity.

Is anyone suprised by the fact that Laverton beat Altona Nth last week? I sure was lol

Dont Worry right arm speed centrals will have a win this week

cache25;114353 said:
Dont Worry right arm speed centrals will have a win this week

go the centrals..........

spoke to your coach right arm speed and he's dissapointed that the boys have left to go to the scum on the earth werribee,same with a few of the willy boys arnt playing this year cause they are too busy what a load of crap...........

weapons05/06;113743 said:
what grade do u coach????seen them on the mats bogan........
they are in the vtca and arnt eligable to play in the wadca

so you have to play in wdca seniors?

Well watching them on mats is useless imo, how do you know how they face a ball that seems and moves of the deck?

Go CENTRALS!! Got to be considered quite an upset considering Yarraville Clubs talent ,hopefully this is the start a string of wins..

Right Arm Speed;118777 said:
Go CENTRALS!! Got to be considered quite an upset considering Yarraville Clubs talent ,hopefully this is the start a string of wins..

yes well done helps willy out bigtime widens the gap for us...........:)

j birch played against the wadca u/21's today looks in good touch made 30 in quick time obviosly played well to get a ton yesterday.........

he played for the church comp against us at kardinia park
2 wins and a loss for the wadca u/21's didnt make the finals due to a poor percentage.............

dan davis backed up his ton with another lazy 90 not bad for a kid who's 15

How did you go in the end weapons?
Did you just mention all the standouts?
Any gun players in the other teams you played?

I played for VTCA north, very happy making the finals and playing on good grounds. The standard is pretty decent too which makes the wins more satisfying!

Back