the best u/21 players in the wdca

Re: the best u/21 players in the wdca

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;120278 said:
How did you go in the end weapons?
Did you just mention all the standouts?
Any gun players in the other teams you played?

I played for VTCA north, very happy making the finals and playing on good grounds. The standard is pretty decent too which makes the wins more satisfying!

yer no baller

we did ok 2 wins 1 loss
best performers were nick keating 11 wickets (off spinner)best bowling 6/21
captian of the side kyle mcalister 140 runs top score of 111 in the last game at kardinia park............road...........
started of badly with a loss to mooney valley comp were 2 for 0 then a partnership of 60 bowled out for 99...............
second game played mecantile comp bowled and fielded well to restrict them to 79 at williamstown on a worn pitch that kept low in reply we were 7 for 80
5 lbw's mind you..............
third game played the churches at kardinia park won the toss and batterd 6/209 batted out the overs had 2 partnerships of over 60 and thats the key to building a respectable score on these grounds rolled them for 142 off an amazing 22 overs they come out and went the slog from ball 1 cause they needed to win in 25 overs to qualify for finals in the end threw their wickets away and we took advantage of their silly batting.........

mooney vally there were a couple of good players ........
opening bowler dunno his name but got 5 fa
left hand opening bat got 55 as well hes a goodie as well.........

did nathan jones play for you guys??????howd he go?????
update me on your scores if you want to and best performers..........
who do u play in final??????

weapons05/06;120281 said:
yer no baller

mooney vally there were a couple of good players ........
opening bowler dunno his name but got 5 fa
left hand opening bat got 55 as well hes a goodie as well.........

did nathan jones play for you guys??????howd he go?????
update me on your scores if you want to and best performers..........
who do u play in final??????

Great stuff to see Nick Keating play and take wickets. Played Dowling with him, bowled a good line.

Opening bowler.. might have been my mate Paul Newton. Big sized kid?

Yeah Nathan played, made 40 in his only hit. Think he didnt bowl too much, we have plenty of spinners.

First game: 148 to 125. Mark McLachlan made 37. Ben Robertson took 5/15.

Second game: 230 to 200. Matt Montebello 60. Adam Dudderidge 52. Chris Irving 2 fa.

Third game: 240 to 100. Michael Barton 85*, Ben Robertson 43*, Denis O'Loughlin 49. Ben Robertson 4/14, Ash Peters 4/15.

So we finished top.

Keep you posted but we play our next game on the 14th of Jan at either Ivanhoe, Malvern or Oakleigh.

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;120447 said:
Great stuff to see Nick Keating play and take wickets. Played Dowling with him, bowled a good line.

Opening bowler.. might have been my mate Paul Newton. Big sized kid?

Yeah Nathan played, made 40 in his only hit. Think he didnt bowl too much, we have plenty of spinners.

First game: 148 to 125. Mark McLachlan made 37. Ben Robertson took 5/15.

Second game: 230 to 200. Matt Montebello 60. Adam Dudderidge 52. Chris Irving 2 fa.

Third game: 240 to 100. Michael Barton 85*, Ben Robertson 43*, Denis O'Loughlin 49. Ben Robertson 4/14, Ash Peters 4/15.

So we finished top.

Keep you posted but we play our next game on the 14th of Jan at either Ivanhoe, Malvern or Oakleigh.

gee if you play at malvern lots of runs out their postage stamp

chris irving interesting i played with him at west newport for half a year then i left for variouse reasons tall lad with a bit of pace his younger brother is a gun only 14

thanx for that keep me posted howd you go get omungst them?????

weapons05/06;120532 said:

chris irving interesting i played with him at west newport for half a year then i left for variouse reasons tall lad with a bit of pace his younger brother is a gun only 14

My name is there somewhere;)

Are we talking about the same Nathan Jones that plays Under 17A's at Altona Nth and seniors for West Newport? .... Very Average player , has been so overrated over the years and there r plenty of better junior players than him.

Weapons who would u rate as top 5 all rounders in the Under 17A's?

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;120565 said:
My name is there somewhere;)

you must know me then young fella how's it all going if it is the right person im thinking of................

your brother must be going ok since ive left getting alot of runs gotta get him down at willy to play for my side the mighty willy weapons lol ive got alot of time for u 2 and if i had my say u should be playing at a higher level ie(willy) in the subbies playing firsts....good luck for the rest of the year bud......

herd west newport were in crisis talks about not getting enough players to fill sides????

Right Arm Speed;121436 said:
Are we talking about the same Nathan Jones that plays Under 17A's at Altona Nth and seniors for West Newport? .... Very Average player , has been so overrated over the years and there r plenty of better junior players than him.

Weapons who would u rate as top 5 all rounders in the Under 17A's?

yes nathan jones
yer i think so too hasnt done much in the jnrs this year but that can all change as 1 innings can turn your year around as we play on hard wicket.............

no 1 dan davis plays with me.........willy
highest wicket taker to date and leading run scorer as well...........
looking good last week lak of concentraion let him down......1st year player....

ill get back to u once ive done some homework we are talking about runs and wickets yer?????????

weapons05/06;121703 said:
you must know me then young fella how's it all going if it is the right person im thinking of................

your brother must be going ok since ive left getting alot of runs gotta get him down at willy to play for my side the mighty willy weapons lol ive got alot of time for u 2 and if i had my say u should be playing at a higher level ie(willy) in the subbies playing firsts....good luck for the rest of the year bud......

herd west newport were in crisis talks about not getting enough players to fill sides????

Nup cant say your got the right bloke mate.

I got ties to West Newport though.

weapons05/06;103493 said:
yer thanks for the info wdca i play for WILLY in the subbies and coach the reigning u/17a premiers at willy also.ive herd of matty does he play jnrs?if he does who with?
u to mate good luck for the season.........
ps.. what grade do u play?

Back online finally, after my old comp died. Mostly played first in the past, though this year ive stepped down and am captaining the 2nds. Our first only play in Bturf, and our seconds play in Cturf. Its a pretty weak comp, so hopefully we will get up to Aturf next year as we finally got a outside coach who played for melton subbies in the past. Am pretty keen to play in the ones next year if can get fitter and stop getting niggly injuries.

cheers,

ps hows the year progressed for your self?

Can anyone give me a predicted ladder for the 17A's .. mine is:

Werribee (too good)
Willy (also too good)
Hoppers Crossing (will be a fight out of Hoppers and Altona Nth for this spot)
Altona Nth ( " ")
Laverton (Improvers , bunch of sloggers who seem to score highly)
Altona (Good side but have dissapointed)
Newport Digman (Avg side cant see getting anywhere)
Yarraville Club (dissapointing the last 2 weeks , slide down the ladder)
Centrals (we wont finish bottom .. i hope :D)
Yarriville jnrs (2 players make up the team ,Trent Waring and Luka Papac)

WDCAcricketer;122799 said:
Back online finally, after my old comp died. Mostly played first in the past, though this year ive stepped down and am captaining the 2nds. Our first only play in Bturf, and our seconds play in Cturf. Its a pretty weak comp, so hopefully we will get up to Aturf next year as we finally got a outside coach who played for melton subbies in the past. Am pretty keen to play in the ones next year if can get fitter and stop getting niggly injuries.

cheers,

ps hows the year progressed for your self?

got 2 50's in the two's and im captain in good touch got elevated to the 1sts and have been getting starts but not going on with the job been going out funny ways but 1sts cricket is where i want to be

go willy

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;121844 said:
Nup cant say your got the right bloke mate.

I got ties to West Newport though.

your giving me hints but not the right answers so your not chris?????

weapons05/06;124050 said:
your giving me hints but not the right answers so your not chris?????

Not Chris. Not Nathan either.

Youd have to know more people at the club to realise how I have a few ties there.

weapons05/06;120532 said:

you said your name was here somewhere i can only see 1 name??????????

right arm speed we got centrals again this week.........

interesting to see werribee lost gives us a shot at top spot if we can hold use off the next 2 weeks it will be a big 1 against wezza........

playing at our ground lots of runs to be scored if batsmen work hard what do u think

We r improving i must admit , we dont want to finish bottom so we will come out very hungry . In my opinion will be a good game.

Right Arm Speed;132327 said:
We r improving i must admit , we dont want to finish bottom so we will come out very hungry . In my opinion will be a good game.

yes i expect use too which will be good for us............

last time we played you guys had an amazing 8 bowled which will be different this time around i would think...........

different line up this time around and will be looking to give some of the guys who havnt had much of a hit a go up the order...........

will be a good game no matter what happens with plenty of spirit

good luck for the wkend

Back