The Covid Menace.

Our final covid restrictions are being lifted today, I didn't even know we still had any, people have been going around as normal here. I'm still going to mask up in public.😷
So do I but we'll still have to wait a month or so. Omicron is peaking right now with unprecedented numbers of cases. This is what our local airport looked like last Sunday when I was taking a neighbour to it.

20220213_142707.jpg

Last edited:
Stark contrast to Kingsford Smith Airport the day we reopened to tourists.
1645589934784.png

Attachments

• 1645590218495.png
    1645590218495.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thomas I was livid when I asked him the other day and he said no. I said mate you promised your parents you were going to take it.
Says his excuse is that the present Novavax may be out of date for the next variant so why take something to combat a virus that keeps mutating.. He is an adult so I can not order him.. only urge him. He has already tested negative for Omicron so that is some relief.

Have all your family now had the booster?

That's why I was asking because over here NOVAVAX has proved a non-seller as well. Contrary to what they were saying, vaccine sceptics don't want to have it now that it is available which evidently shows that they reject vaccines on principle and not because it's allegedly "not the right one".
The argument that it would be out of date doesn't hold water because not a single vaccine covers all viruses 100% because of the mutants. NOVAVAX is like the tried and tested flu vaccines which are by and large only 50% effective but it has a higher protection against SARScov2.
But I know there's no arguing with him and them.
My daughter got infected these days and tested positive with a PCR test after three days. She's having mild symptoms like a sore throat, headache, and feeling weak and tired only, due to of the three jabs she and all members of my family have had. She's unable to work and no one knows about the risk of long COVID. Too bad she was going to take a holiday in southern Spain starting today which she's had to cancel and now she is depressed. She managed to cancel the hotel but it's not clear yet if she could cancel the flight, too.

Well it had to happen.. my anti vaxine son has Covid. Like your daughter Thomas he is also having the same minor symptoms. Dreading tho he does not develop the more serious ones, namely shortness of breath and lack of taste and smell. But he tells us he is fit and has a healthy immune system, so we are probably worrying unduly.

Last edited:
Well it had to happen.. my anti vaxine son has Covid. Like your daughter Thomas he is also having the same minor symptoms. Dreading tho he does not develop the more serious ones, namely shortness of breath and lack of taste and smell. But he tells us he is fit and has a healthy immune system, so we are probably worrying unduly.
How old is your son, Ritchie?

Covid is going around.

It doesn't discriminate.

Hope he feels better soon.

I keep my fingers crossed, Ritchie. Developing Long Covid would be far worse than those symptoms. You never know and only time will tell.

My neighbour recently went to hospital for smoking related issues, he was told the hospital is full of covid patients. More and more people are wearing masks now, I never stopped wearing one.

It is kinda weird the way things are now with us living with Covid compared to when the restrictions, isolations, border closures etc were in full swing, yet many people are still dying from this bloody pandemic. My boy said at the time that all of the early panic was a knee jerk reaction to what was no worse than the annual flu. Not sure he still has that opinion now he has it and so have millions of others.

Last edited:
Wore a mask as you are supposed to going to the footy on the train last week, did notice a few people likely disregarding this requirement.

Main thing I really try and remember as far as a prevention measure is hand washing with soap or sanitiser.

I still haven't caught it, yet..

Back