The Lounge 2

I'll give it a go but still don't know how to do it, I've been trying to use the Gravitar option but it's confusing.
The Gravatar thing sounds spooky to me. Why don't you just use the upload function by clicking on your current J avatar and upload a pic from your gallery?

The Gravatar thing sounds spooky to me. Why don't you just use the upload function by clicking on your current J avatar and upload a pic from your gallery?
I've tried it but when I try to choose a pic they are faded, someone suggested my pics are in a hidden file, I don't know how to change it, my settings seem ok 🤦

At the beginning of the Pandemic we in Western Australia freaked out if there were even 4 Covid cases daily.
Now all the panic has subsided and masks are a thing of the past we're getting about 500 cases of Covid per day!

We sure have become complacent but justified in the sense that the latest strains are not as virulent, but more contagious. Also vaccination rates are so high that even if caught we mostly get mild cases. Not always as people are still dying, but fewer than a year ago.
Some cynically say that's ok as those deaths were mainly just elderly folk. I'm right Jack!

I've made a big effort to keep up with all my Covid vaccinations with my latest only 2 weeks ago. That was the Moderna bivalent jab with the original strain and the Omicron b4 and b5 strains. That was my 6th (sixth) Covid jab! I'll get my Flu jab next week too.
I also still wear a mask and gloves when out shopping.

Hence, I'm yet to catch Covid, or influenza either.
My daughter in Queensland and sister in Sydney got it bad, with my sister developing Long Covid. It took her 4 months to get over the worst of it and left her with some lasting effects.
My daughter took a month to get over it but she was very sick from it, probably because she wasn't vaccinated, and still isn't. :thumbsd:

My daughter took a month to get over it but she was very sick from it, probably because she wasn't vaccinated, and still isn't. :thumbsd:
Like my son. He kept telling me 'I wont get it Dad, I am too fit and have a strong immune system' He got it but thankfully it was not a serious case.:thumbsu:

Is your avatar meant to be Jake the Smithy, Terry.

Last edited:
Like my son. He kept telling me 'I wont get it Dad, I am too fit and have a strong immune system' He got it but thankfully it was not a serious case.:thumbsu:

Is your avatar meant to be Jake the Smithy, Terry.

It sure is Craig. A fresh start needs a reset for sure.
I am thinking I should put a new Avatar Theme Pic for each of our stories.

Good to hear your son didn't get Covid bad. I know a lady (old school friend) nearby me whose husband and son caught Covid. She's mid sixties with lung issues, was terrified of catching Covid and ran her home like a concentration camp with strict rules for hubby n son, and all tested daily.
At the end of a week she finally tested positive but had no symptoms at all. Another week passed and the whole household tested negative, and still my friend never had even one symptom.
It's a weird damn thing for sure. Her husband said he had the sorest throat pain ever.
My daughter had just about every symptom and was delirious, more than usual. She couldn't even remember her name and telling me tales of vomiting whilst sitting on the toilet with diarrhoea. The worst thing she said was what was happening to her mind with very painful and strange headaches...

It sure is Craig. A fresh start needs a reset for sure.
I am thinking I should put a new Avatar Theme Pic for each of our stories.

Good to hear your son didn't get Covid bad. I know a lady (old school friend) nearby me whose husband and son caught Covid. She's mid sixties with lung issues, was terrified of catching Covid and ran her home like a concentration camp with strict rules for hubby n son, and all tested daily.
At the end of a week she finally tested positive but had no symptoms at all. Another week passed and the whole household tested negative, and still my friend never had even one symptom.
It's a weird damn thing for sure. Her husband said he had the sorest throat pain ever.
My daughter had just about every symptom and was delirious, more than usual. She couldn't even remember her name and telling me tales of vomiting whilst sitting on the toilet with diarrhoea. The worst thing she said was what was happening to her mind with very painful and strange headaches...
Sounds terrible what befell you daughter mate. There are still countless people with Long Covid too.

I heard 40,000 in Oz are still floored by Long Covid Craig. Sad that many Doctors dismissed it originally but moves are afoot to rectify that, I hope...

Sounds terrible what befell you daughter mate. There are still countless people with Long Covid too.

I think she's fully bounced back Craig, but she works too hard and can't seem to get pregnant with her husband now she's nearing 38 this May. How the years fly. I want more grandchildren!

My sister, I strongly suspect, has suffered a personality change with a dour and even bitter outlook on life after her 4 months of her Long Covid... That was my gut feeling and later I heard, from several sources, that was a suspected symptom of Long Covid, namely a sort of negative change in one's outlook.... or personality. She does live in the pressure cooker called Sydley which could well be a factor. More likely an ongoing malaise from her long Covid infection I think.

I can understand that from a flu I caught 4 decades ago that took me 6 months to fully recover from. A giant 6'9" teacher friend got that one too and took a whole year to recover, and fell into depression as a consepuence. I got that. Poor fellow.

I still haven't had covid mainly because (I think) I understand statistics and risk management, fingers crossed. Anomalies abound of course especially it seems with Covid. So much variation in symptoms too it seems.
I don't dance in night clubs nor kiss strangers which helps with the probabilities of contagion.
Luck, or lack of, is always a factor too. :eek: 🤧.

:cool:

I didn't bother getting a flu jab, I have to know more about them first
I think in the past the Aussie developed Relenza was popular but Australia is now using Flucelvax Quad the only cell-based flu vaccine approved for use here. I believe cell-based vaccines are now the most favored world wide for flu .

Last edited:
Back