The Lounge 2

I will settle for one. I dont want to be too old or ga ga to enjoy him or them.
I once heard that an
I don't know which Nokia phone you've got.
Have you seen or read this?

https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/10959/uploading-images-from-mobile-app

I've tried all this Thomas. Nothing seems to work. As soon as I go into my gallery my pics become faded, then when I press to cancel they become normal again, think I'll give up but thanks for your help 😍

Not exactly. I mean at my desk. :p

lvi427cgf8m.jpg

It's one of the available wallpapers. 😊It tells me none of you is using Windows 11?

I still use Windows 7 Thomas on my big old tower computer. It's ancient but I'd upgraded bits here and there: power supply, graphic cards and ram. It's still as grunty as most current laptops and I only use it for basic home office stuff now, and it refuses to die.

A friend recently bought a new computer with Windows 11 and is liking it more as he becomes familiar with it.

I still use Windows 7 Thomas on my big old tower computer. It's ancient but I'd upgraded bits here and there: power supply, graphic cards and ram. It's still as grunty as most current laptops and I only use it for basic home office stuff now, and it refuses to die.

A friend recently bought a new computer with Windows 11 and is liking it more as he becomes familiar with it.
I bought one, too and am very content. What do you use for the more advanced stuff?

My computer still does all I need of it Thomas. Most of the time I use my tablet or my smart phone or even my smart tv.
I'd planned on buying a new computer in 2022 but the old computer keeps on going.
I recently tidied up files in it, especially sensitive documents, that were scattered about. More security too now.

I've tried all this Thomas. Nothing seems to work. As soon as I go into my gallery my pics become faded, then when I press to cancel they become normal again, think I'll give up but thanks for your help 😍

I had a similar issue recently Jessica.
I'd downloaded many photos a friend sent me from London using FB Messenger. The photos looked great but when I viewed them from my tablet they came out blurry, with a message saying it couldn't open them in high definition. That was my clue.
Memory I thought so I did a clean up, shut down all running back ground apps, rebooted and it all came good.

I had a similar issue recently Jessica.
I'd downloaded many photos a friend sent me from London using FB Messenger. The photos looked great but when I viewed them from my tablet they came out blurry, with a message saying it couldn't open them in high definition. That was my clue.
Memory I thought so I did a clean up, shut down all running back ground apps, rebooted and it all came good.
Ahh you've experienced it too👍
I'm absolutely baffled by it. It even happens when I try to send a pic via text message. It was the same with my old phone too.

That's a lovely trim machine Thomas.

I get storage issues with my Samsung Android tablet so clean often, even clearing caches manually, in Settings, Apps, Storage...internal or pushing what I can into my external SD card. It's not recommended but I sometimes delete data on apps I rarely if ever use.
Even still, I'm getting squeezed on my tablet and computer. The Computer's ssd drive is just for the Operating System with little left to trim. All my data and some programs are on my secondary 1tb sata hard drive that's got about 65% free.

I rarely use my smart phone which has heaps of storage available and little identifying me... as I'm happy about.

I should perhaps add that I regularly empty my smartphone so as to get enough storage capacity again. I noticed that other users seldem or never do that but complain about a shortage of storage space. It's a nuisance that videos and photos are taken with too high a resolution these days which can't be prevented by the user via settings.
Sounds as if you'll need a new pc and tablet sooner or later, Terry. Which device do you bank with? Windows 7 would not be accepted by any bank over here.

With my computer with Windows 7 Thomas. It's not an issue here, yet. I can also do all my stuff with my other 2 devices, but I prefer a big screen.

A lady friend, several years ago, was having great issues with all her hoarding of data on her smart phone. It was full to the brim and the vast majority was video clips. 25 gig. I helped her out by making copies of her clips and put them on a USB to move to her laptop.
She couldn't be bothered though and wouldn't delete all the clips I'd backed up for her. I gave up helping her after that and she still kept moaning about her phone. Not my problem.

I have a nice little camera that I set the pics to come out at about 500kb. That way it's easy to email them about. It gives a nice A4 sized picture.
My English cousin once sent me 200megs of pictures at high resolution which totally overloaded my Outlook express freezing it.
It took me ages to fix it and I lost a decades worth of emails.

I have a nice little camera that I set the pics to come out at about 500kb. That way it's easy to email them about. It gives a nice A4 sized picture.
That's what is meant by "disimproving" things resulting from consumer demands and competition. There's so many other examples which are hard to understand. I bought a new notebook in October and really like it. I did realise, though, that the capslock key does no have a small diode anymore indicating if it's locked or not. While writing this I just learnt that at least an acoustic signal can be activated! Just what I need. But still I always have to test whether it's on or not. What was wrong with the diode? Too expensive?

Jessica this wont please you as a UK tax payer.
J Jessica
It concerns the whole world paying for TV rights out of taxpayers' pockets. Germany isn't any better treating itself to the largest and most expensive parliament based on population.

It concerns the whole world paying for TV rights out of taxpayers' pockets. Germany isn't any better treating itself to the largest and most expensive parliament based on population.
I try to avoid politics, I find it all depressing. I didn't even vote yesterday. The two most certain things in life are death and taxes, so no point stressing over either.

Back