The Lounge 2

Hiya Kram and Ljp, I'm another Sandgroper Perthite living just east of Morley in Kiara.
I'm an Anglo-Irish-Aussie Grandfather POM having escaped Ulster 53 years ago.
All my family has drifted to the east like my two grown up daughters, siblings, grandkids, ... , but not me. I have a dog.

I worked in the Pilbara and all over WA as a Surveyor in my twenties several centuries ago. 😉 Now driving down to Morley Galleria is usually as far as I go. I used to push K-Mart trolleys there 50+ years ago. Even went to the Wirrina drive-in movies on Walter road, next to the old Boans store, the zenith of good taste in 1970 Morley.

View attachment 2044View attachment 2045View attachment 2046
Terry these pics will fit in on Down Memory Lane thread.

I got painlessly nautralizzed in 1974 Craig and so now am 49 years an Aussie with a certificate to prove it. No ball n chain neither. Also, being an Irish Brit from Ulster I got to also keep my British and Irish Citizenships too giving me triple nationality!
Remember that saga when all those pollies realised they were retrospectively ineledigble to hold their office given they had dual citizenships, .... , but no one said anything about 'triple' citizenships so maybe I could still become our PM. I'm counting on your vote.

My youngest daughter also gained triple citizenship and went gaily off globe trotting using an Irish passport being cheaper, safer and able to travel all the EU countries. Her now Kiwi husband used his Aussie passport (via his mum) which wasn't as good as the Irish one. Everyone loves the Irish. Being under the English heel for nine centuries was character building.
I am fiercely Austrialian now, I love our sun burnt country, a land of sweeping plains, ... football, meat pies and Holden cars.

My country English cousin with his German partner and their 4 children are currently staying with me and are about to embark on a year's trip around and through Austrailia. What an Adventure, one I did myself many years ago with my own young family.
They have a 1 day old Toyota Prado and a wizz-bang caravan with all the fruit. It's still a long way to go tho. They'll visit my daughters in Vic and Qld at some point and my sidelings in Sydley .... maybe.

Thanks for reminding me about the pics to memory lane Craig. I love old photos, they speak volumes about the past, and for how fast the human world has been evolving in recent centuries especially. And how the Human footprint is destroying the Earth we should be guardians of, and not despoilers of.

I got painlessly nautralizzed in 1974 Craig and so now am 49 years an Aussie with a certificate to prove it. No ball n chain neither. Also, being an Irish Brit from Ulster I got to also keep my British and Irish Citizenships too giving me triple nationality!
Remember that saga when all those pollies realised they were retrospectively ineledigble to hold their office given they had dual citizenships, .... , but no one said anything about 'triple' citizenships so maybe I could still become our PM. I'm counting on your vote.

My youngest daughter also gained triple citizenship and went gaily off globe trotting using an Irish passport being cheaper, safer and able to travel all the EU countries. Her now Kiwi husband used his Aussie passport (via his mum) which wasn't as good as the Irish one. Everyone loves the Irish. Being under the English heel for nine centuries was character building.
I am fiercely Austrialian now, I love our sun burnt country, a land of sweeping plains, ... football, meat pies and Holden cars.

My country English cousin with his German partner and their 4 children are currently staying with me and are about to embark on a year's trip around and through Austrailia. What an Adventure, one I did myself many years ago with my own young family.
They have a 1 day old Toyota Prado and a wizz-bang caravan with all the fruit. It's still a long way to go tho. They'll visit my daughters in Vic and Qld at some point and my sidelings in Sydley .... maybe.

Thanks for reminding me about the pics to memory lane Craig. I love old photos, they speak volumes about the past, and for how fast the human world has been evolving in recent centuries especially. And how the Human footprint is destroying the Earth we should be guardians of, and not despoilers of.
Brilliant Terry, fellow Aussie. 🤗 :thumbsu:😃

I just had to post this picturesque German city by the River Danube. Where are you Thomas .
View attachment 2050
Here I am again rising from the ashes. That looks very much like Passau in southern Bavaria (Does it not?) which is commonly referred to as the City of the Three Rivers since the Danube is joined by two other rivers leading to devastating floods on an almost regular basis. It remains to be seen how things are going to develop with climate change.

Last edited:
Here I am again rising from the ashes. That looks very much like Passau in southern Bavaria (Does it not?) which is commonly referred to as the City of the rivers since the Danube is joined by two other rivers leading to devastating floods on a almost regular basis. It remains to be seen how things are going to develop with climate change.
Hello Thomas 🤗
Glad to see you back again!

Unfortunately Jessica, the process of becoming an Aussie requires that you must lose 37 points of your IQ by drinking 8 pints of Vegemite Beer with a straw. 😆 All we £10 poms all had to.
Gosh no wonder my uncle loved Australia if these are what the £10 poms got up to! 😆
Think I'll be more of a Kylie sort of Aussie, we all love Kylie here 🤗

Here I am again rising from the ashes. That looks very much like Passau in southern Bavaria (Does it not?) which is commonly referred to as the City of the rivers since the Danube is joined by two other rivers leading to devastating floods on a almost regular basis. It remains to be seen how things are going to develop with climate change.
It is indeed Passau Thomas the Phoenix.

Well guys as a Brit and an Honorary Aussie I'm torn between the two sides, so I'll follow my heart.....🤔

Come On Aussies, I'm behind you all the way!!!:D

Back