The Lounge 2

Stop the world because I wanna get off.......

Nothing has been learnt from previous wars.

As we acknowledged Rememberance Sunday yesterday there was a terrorist attack about an hours drive from where I am, thankfully only the terrorist was killed thanks to a very brave taxi driver.
[/QUOTE]
So you live in Liverpool, Jessica, in Beatles Land? Are a Liverpudlian then?;) Yes, the taxi driver was being very alert. I'm glad he managed to escape only slightly injured. Incredible how he was whirled out of the car in the video.

Last edited:
I
Stop the world because I wanna get off.......

Nothing has been learnt from previous wars.

As we acknowledged Rememberance Sunday yesterday there was a terrorist attack about an hours drive from where I am, thankfully only the terrorist was killed thanks to a very brave taxi driver.
So you live in Liverpool, Jessical, in Beatles Land? Are a Liverpudlian then?;) Yes, the taxi driver was being very alert. I'm glad he managed to escape only slightly injured. Incredible how he was whirled out of the car in the video.
[/QUOTE]
I'm in Lancashire Thomas, I'm originally from Cornwall, been to Liverpool many times though.
The taxi driver is being hailed a hero, lots of money has been raised to support him and his family as he's recovering from his injuries and unable to work.

I was wondering how you go about buying a new smartphone? What criteria are important to you?
My smartphone (Huawei Honor 5x) is six years old now and is not of much help any longer. The inbuilt storage is just 16GB and the OS is Android 4.0.
I couldn't download my corona app and it is dead slow when surfing. So I needed to buy a new one with more storage and a more recent OS (Android 10 at least).
The SAR rate is the most important specification to me. I had a look at recent tests and checked all the specs like storage, WiFi, battery size and life, and came up with a Samsung Galaxy A90 5G which used to be 700 quid. I decided to buy two fully refurbished ones for 270 quid each. They are being shipped and I hope I'll be satisfied with them.
I'm rubbish with phones 😦
The first thing I do look for though is something basic as I don't spend too much time online, then I go for size and weight as I don't want to weigh my pocket down, and if it's my chosen network then I go for it 🤗

I

So you live in Liverpool, Jessical, in Beatles Land? Are a Liverpudlian then?;) Yes, the taxi driver was being very alert. I'm glad he managed to escape only slightly injured. Incredible how he was whirled out of the car in the video.
I'm in Lancashire Thomas, I'm originally from Cornwall, been to Liverpool many times though.
[/QUOTE]
You mentioned that but because you were talking about an hour's drive I thought you might be living in Greater Liverpool but it seems to be farther away.🤗.

Last two nites I have heard semi loud explosions not all that far from my place. There is a military complex about 10 kms from my home but why would the Army be carrying out munitions training at 11pm. At first I was of a mind that we were being bombed by an unknown enemy. Dead set. Very baffling.

Last two nites I have heard semi loud explosions not all that far from my place. There is a military complex about 10 kms from my home but why would the Army be carrying out munitions training at 11pm. At first I was of a mind that we were being bombed by an unknown enemy. Dead set. Very baffling.
Wrong thread, mate?;)

You mentioned that but because you were talking about an hour's drive I thought you might be living in Greater Liverpool but it seems to be farther away.🤗.
[/QUOTE]
Say 1hr and 15mins tops, it's quicker by car, the train takes forever.

I guess the army would carry out training at any time, day or night. Have you mentioned it to your neighbours?

Training of troops yes.. not munitions tho. Have lived here since 1988 and have only ever heard daytime munitions exercises. Even as far away as we are the ground still shakes when they fire their most powerful cannons. Imagine living next to the base...eeek.

This situation on the Poland/Belarus border is now getting out of hand with lives threatened. Should Poland relent and allow these refugees access as this may become a humanitarian disaster and many people will blame Poland for their lack of compassion. Poland needs to make a deal with some other EU nations to take a portion of the refugees if it is unwilling to take all of them. These people are in danger of freezing to death and that a***hole Lukashenko does not care one iota whether they do.
This is a prickly problem to which there's no simple solution. No, Poland should not give in and is doing a good job at its own border. Yet Poland is not primarily defending external Community borders but, above all, its own border and territory. I wouldn't have expected that and thought that Poland would take advantage of the situation and put pressure on the EU and Germany by opening the gates for the refugees to reach Germany as Hungary's Orban did back in 2015. Poland is a useless member of the EU but in this respect its the right country to deal with the problem but does so for selfish reasons.
If the refugees were to be let in, it would open the floodgates for even more people to come and what's more Lukashenko would be rubbing his hands. Meanwhile, the migrants have been moved to temporary shelter (empty plant floor) and a goodly number of them have been flown back to Iraq. My take is that that was a result of Merkel's phone call with Putin who then called Lukashenko off.
What mustn't happen again is that the EU is blackmailed by dictators and that Germany bears the brunt of migration towards the EU while the other member countries evade responsibility. So far Hungary and Poland have not taken a single refugee and are proud of it.

Last edited:
We had some nbn issues here tonight.
i thought it was just my isp having hassles but no it was the nbn.
we had little to no network for about an hour but it had started earlier in the arvo.

We had some nbn issues here tonight.
i thought it was just my isp having hassles but no it was the nbn.
we had little to no network for about an hour but it had started earlier in the arvo.
Three years now since the NBN was installed and it is still giving people problems.

Well deserved LJ. Now can your blokes follow suit. Not if the Sixers have anything to say about it.

Very much so, the best team for most of the season and were thoroughly deserving winners. It was their first title too after losing the final in back-to-back seasons in 2016/17 and 2017/18.

The men's side is going to have quite a few players missing in the earlier games with a number of players selected for the test and "A" sides so it'll be a test for the side early in the season.

Wow what a scorching start to summer! 30 degrees here in the 'rat.
Been busy with getting christmas and birthday gifts because there are 5 birthdays and christmas to celebrate

Last edited:
Back