The Lounge

Fun and games this morning when wife woke from a deep sleep screaming.. "we are flooding". A hot water pipe has split overnite spewing water all over our bathroom. I suppose lucky it was there as most of the seepage flowed down the drain.

That's a real pain mate... luckily your wife woke up, could've been much worse & flooded through other parts of the house.

Fun and games this morning when wife woke me from a deep sleep screaming.. "we are flooding". A hot water pipe has split overnite spewing water all over our bathroom. I suppose lucky it was there as most of the seepage flowed down the drain.
Sounds like something out of a Carry On film 🤗
Hopefully no water damage Richie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like something out of a Carry On film 🤗
Hopefully no water damage Richie.
No water damage Jessica but some damage to our budget. My son told me had he not had a busy day planned that he'd have been able to fix the problem far cheaper.

Last edited:
No water damage Jessica but some damage to our budget. My son told me had he not had a busy day planned that he'd have been able to fix the problem.
That's good then 👍
I remember the tap in my utility room sprung a leak, the water damage to the walls was a nightmare.

Our temperatures have dipped again, the wind is bone chilling even with a padded jacket and scarf.
The roads were covered in a heavy frost too. Roll on the spring :p

bone chilling even with a padded jacket and scarf.
Jessica I remember back in another lifetime in London the winters were precisely that..bone chilling. I had on two singlets a shirt two jumpers and a Parka and I was still cold. 🥶

Last edited:
My bathroom is haunted or jinxed or both. Firstly the burst hot water pipe which cost us a king's ransom to replace and this morning while we were having Sunday breakfast we heard a loud crash and then shattering glass. Our large bathroom vanity mirror had decided to separate itself from the wall resulting in hundreds of shards of glass scattered across the floor. I can only give thanks that neither of us were in there at the time. The wife usually bathes after breakfast too. Luckily we were still eating as half of the shards actually fell into the empty bath. She sure dodged a bullet there.

Last edited:
That's very spooky Craig 😲 glad you or your wife were not hurt... you were really lucky, take a lotto ticket this week mate you might win the top prize.

That's very spooky Craig 😲 glad you or your wife were not hurt... you were really lucky, take a lotto ticket this week mate you might win the top prize.
May do Pete. Glad you never mentioned 7 years bad luck. We have already had our share ;)

I was basicly kidding about the haunted part. But to be honest there have been occasions over the 30 odd years we have lived here when we imagined we had something otherworldly in our house. Perhaps a mischievous poltergeist moving things around and messing with the lites.

Last edited:
It was so bad that i had to cover my nose!
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the Aussie Fans here ;) 🤪:rolleyes:

Attachments

• -He-ll hit you for a six, he-ll babysit your kids- _ Fans sing the Rishabh Pant song-LYQKf7_HX...mp4
    18.9 MB
Back