The Weather Thread

I imagine it wouldn't get hot enough for long enough to use air conditioning there.

They would be lovely to visit, there's quite a few snow resorts in the eastern states.

Whereabouts in the UK are you located?

I can imagine that would have been very cold. It does get cold here at night sometimes, about what anyone would typically experience with a fridge. :p
I'm in Lancashire England, I'm originally from Cornwall England.
Our temp is down to about 2 now, the air outside is absolutely icy cold.
We have lots of snow forecast, not sure where yet but a white Christmas is on the cards 🎅
Have you ever been to England?
Richie has, he said he was 'chilled to the bone'! 😆

I'm in Lancashire England, I'm originally from Cornwall England.

Nice.

BettyBoo said:
Our temp is down to about 2 now, the air outside is absolutely icy cold.
We have lots of snow forecast, not sure where yet but a white Christmas is on the cards 🎅
Have you ever been to England?
Richie has, he said he was 'chilled to the bone'! 😆

We had two nights in winter this year where the temperature got below two degrees. Christmas here is generally fairly warm although we have had some fairly hot days for Christmas in recent times, last year was 40.4 degrees as I mentioned earlier. Very much a shorts and t-shirt with thongs type attire for the day.

I haven't been to England or the UK in general. I bet Richie would have been cold, the UK would be very cold in winter I imagine particularly for us coming from Australia as our winter or should I say "winter" is different to what the UK experiences.

Lucky you. After a fine start to summer Sydney is in for a week-long drenching.⛈
Isn't MB reputed to be the hottest place in the nation?

Sydney tends to be wetter in summer, seems next week is going to be wet there too.

Yes, Marble Bar is the hottest town in Australia. They've had 46.4 degrees the past two days with several more days in the mid-40's to follow.

Nice.

We had two nights in winter this year where the temperature got below two degrees. Christmas here is generally fairly warm although we have had some fairly hot days for Christmas in recent times, last year was 40.4 degrees as I mentioned earlier. Very much a shorts and t-shirt with thongs type attire for the day.

I haven't been to England or the UK in general. I bet Richie would have been cold, the UK would be very cold in winter I imagine particularly for us coming from Australia as our winter or should I say "winter" is different to what the UK experiences.
I can't imagine having a hot Christmas day, even if it isn't snowing here it's usually white with frost. Frost is just as slippery as ice and many times my car has been abandoned while I've walked instead.
Do you have fog in Australia?
We have lots of it here, it makes your clothes and hair damp, makes mascara run too 😱

I can't imagine having a hot Christmas day, even if it isn't snowing here it's usually white with frost. Frost is just as slippery as ice and many times my car has been abandoned while I've walked instead.
Do you have fog in Australia?
We have lots of it here, it makes your clothes and hair damp, makes mascara run too 😱

Yes, I imagine you would be used to the traditional cold Christmas Day being un the UK. We do get some frosts here but mostly only in rural areas away from the coast, very occasionally in the hills on rare occasions.

Yes, we have fog here. It happens from time to time but not all that often. Most often we'll get it winter but also sometimes in the warmer months on some occasions.

So 40 degrees forecast here tomorrow with a minimum of 25 degrees overnight. It's just after 8:30pm at the moment and it's still 31.1 degrees.

Yes, I imagine you would be used to the traditional cold Christmas Day being un the UK. We do get some frosts here but mostly only in rural areas away from the coast, very occasionally in the hills on rare occasions.

Yes, we have fog here. It happens from time to time but not all that often. Most often we'll get it winter but also sometimes in the warmer months on some occasions.
Have you ever travelled into The Outback? That's where I'd love to go, I'd love to re-trace Les Hiddens' footsteps.

We have misty mornings a lot, it looks lovely across open fields in the early hours, I see that a lot when driving to work. We have storm Barra here now, our coasts are being battered again 🥶

Have you ever travelled into The Outback? That's where I'd love to go, I'd love to re-trace Les Hiddens' footsteps.

We have misty mornings a lot, it looks lovely across open fields in the early hours, I see that a lot when driving to work. We have storm Barra here now, our coasts are being battered again 🥶

I have been into the Outback, mostly up the coast. The best time to do it would be in the dry season down here, it's not too hot and that's when a lot of the tourist places are open as the weather is better.

I imagine the misty morning would be quite frequent. I have always liked fog, I think it is pretty cool. I did see that it is getting quite cold there now and also wet with it getting very close to winter there.

Last night was 26.8 degrees so very warm. Finished at 35.2 degrees today before the seabreeze came early to cool things down.

The next week or so isn't expected to be too zany so I'll be a bit quieter in this thread. :p

Last night was 26.8 degrees so very warm. Finished at 35.2 degrees today before the seabreeze came early to cool things down.

The next week or so isn't expected to be too zany so I'll be a bit quieter in this thread. :p
I'll let you get back to your cricket then 😆

Back