• St Albans/Breakwater

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Alvie

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Irrewarra Beeac

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: VB 20/20 knock-out poll and discussion.

Was there something wrong with the track? all batsmen seemed to struggle other than Hornet and Cruickshank later on.
Was watching the final and was wondering who the opener for SB was who looked like he could barely pull his shirt on over his guns. Not sure who it was, mayber Breuer has been hitting the gym.

workinprogress;290536 said:
Was there something wrong with the track? all batsmen seemed to struggle other than Hornet and Cruickshank later on.
Was watching the final and was wondering who the opener for SB was who looked like he could barely pull his shirt on over his guns. Not sure who it was, mayber Breuer has been hitting the gym.

I think that guy was Darren Breuer, Simon's brother as per the Addy article on Saturday. I know the guy you are talking about is definetly not the SB president.

The deck was a bit soft, looks like it had been prepared pretty late in the week as it was the wicket which Geelong 1st XI had scored 400 on the Sunday before. It was not rock hard like was expected, so it did have a bit in it for the bowlers.

Jurassic Park;291456 said:
When do we get our winnings paid out. . . . .

the vbookie thread for this comp has already been paid out, thus why you have 850 of bcash !!

workinprogress;309378 said:
Does anyone know what time the 20/20 is this Sunday?

10am on Sunday for the first round, South Barwon v Mt Clear on main oval, Grampians v Midura East on St Marys. 1:30pm will be the final for the two winners. Am hoping the Swans get up for Geelong Cricket !!:)

South Barwon will take on the winner of Violet Town versus (Moe or Johnstones Park) on Sunday 15th Feb at Central Reserve Glen Waverly at 2:30pm. The winner of that will be playing at the G on 1st March in the final of the competition.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;325475 said:
South Barwon won easily today apparently, the final at the MCG on March 1 I think.

Well done South. Proves how good Geelong cricket is. Imagine if the good teams took it seriously.....

Yep final is Sunday 1st of March at the MCG !! Will let people know of details once we know in regards to entry, etc. Would be great to see some big support for the boys from Geelong. We are playing Ashburton Willows from the Metro side of the draw. I reckon seeing a Geelong team playing on the G will actually be an incentive for some of the "better" sides to take the comp to another level next season. Let's just hope the GCA gets on board the T20 boat because playing in these games have been some of the most enjoyable games of cricket I have been involved in. But I still wonder how you can get sledged by being called a slogger in a T20 game ??

Back