• St Albans/Breakwater

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Alvie

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Irrewarra Beeac

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: VB 20/20 knock-out poll and discussion.

South Barwon won by 4 wks with 2 balls to spare.

Ashburton 133 (Ando 2-13) South Barwon 7-134 (Hester 60n.o MOM, Babbsy 36)

Great day at the G and back at South I've drank myself stupid and well done to the Swans!!!!!

CHEER CHEER!!!:D

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;330772 said:
South Barwon won by 4 wks with 2 balls to spare.

Ashburton 133 (Ando 2-13) South Barwon 7-134 (Hester 60n.o MOM, Babbsy 36)

Great day at the G and back at South I've drank myself stupid and well done to the Swans!!!!!

CHEER CHEER!!!:D

must have been all the practice we gave him last week
congrats south boys

ants14;330783 said:
must have been all the practice we gave him last week
congrats south boys

He absolutely smashed it, great knock under pressure. South were 2-2 after 3 overs or there abouts. Babbsy also played a great inns early on.

what a great f---en day !!! If ONLY the better clubs took it more seriously they would have been winning a final on the MCG !!! All I can say it was the best day (well close to the best) of my life, we won a state wide final on the MCG !! I know winning the GCA or BPCA or whatever league title is pretty special but winning a title on the MCG is absolutley unbelievable. Sureal is the word, but we did it. And as Ando has said "that's what I'm talking about !!!" I made a duck but it was the best duck I have ever made !! Loving it !!!

gca_ipl;331372 said:
I made a duck but it was the best duck I have ever made !! Loving it !!!

Dam Straight, u got to face 11 balls on the G, and will probably forever hold the record for the worlds longest t20 duck!!

11 ball duck in a 20/20 match:eek:... D BLOODY SGRACEFUL!!!! Could have been on the gas 15 mins earlier dazza:D

crktluva;331902 said:
11 ball duck in a 20/20 match:eek:... D BLOODY SGRACEFUL!!!! Could have been on the gas 15 mins earlier dazza:D

I think the Prez may try to claim this as "seeing off the dangerous quicks" to set up the D.Hester onslaught.
He would be talking rubbish if thats the case. haha

i would have done a load in the change rooms and not been able to go out due to the mess in my whites. did they let ya use all the facilites, give us details boys, details!!!!

crktluva;332013 said:
i would have done a load in the change rooms and not been able to go out due to the mess in my whites. did they let ya use all the facilites, give us details boys, details!!!!

Being up there in the crown, it was good to see they had the replay screen going. It was great watching that dropped catch by Babbsy over and over on the big screen:D:D

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;332033 said:
Being up there in the crown, it was good to see they had the replay screen going. It was great watching that dropped catch by Babbsy over and over on the big screen:D:D

Hahaha what a shambles that piece of play was...dropped catch, return throw hitting the stumps and causing overthrows..then that throw going for overthrows...geez babbsy!! haha
The guy made up for it with his stick though.

crktluva;332013 said:

You and me both.

crktluva;332013 said:

yeh, got use everything, big screen, changerooms everything, was a great day

gca_ipl;331372 said:
what a great f---en day !!! If ONLY the better clubs took it more seriously they would have been winning a final on the MCG !!! All I can say it was the best day (well close to the best) of my life, we won a state wide final on the MCG !! I know winning the GCA or BPCA or whatever league title is pretty special but winning a title on the MCG is absolutley unbelievable. Sureal is the word, but we did it. And as Ando has said "that's what I'm talking about !!!" I made a duck but it was the best duck I have ever made !! Loving it !!!

hey gca can u name a few of these BETTER clubs for us ? :)

know all;332876 said:
hey gca can u name a few of these BETTER clubs for us ? :)

there wasnt any better clubs at the 20/20 format than sth barwon, they all took it serious enough, just tossers that make excuses when they lose. as if a gca div 1 club would be playing another div 1 club and not care if they lost.

crktluva;332951 said:
there wasnt any better clubs at the 20/20 format than sth barwon, they all took it serious enough, just tossers that make excuses when they lose. as if a gca div 1 club would be playing another div 1 club and not care if they lost.

well said:)

Kookaburra Statewide 20/20 knock-out

A big night of T20 action tomorrow night for South Barwon, Nth Shore and Geelong West. South will be attempting to go for the record for the most number of T20 games ever played in local cricket in the shortest timespan if they should progress. First game kicks off at 5pm between South and Nth Shore for the right to play Geelong West in the Barwon Zone final, which will follow at 8pm under lights at West Oval. Two games at West Oval which should be a great spectacle for the second game under lights. I'm sure West will have the bar and BBQ running hot for the night !!

Re: Kookaburra Statewide 20/20 knock-out

cheer_cheer;380564 said:
A big night of T20 action tomorrow night for South Barwon, Nth Shore and Geelong West. South will be attempting to go for the record for the most number of T20 games ever played in local cricket in the shortest timespan if they should progress. First game kicks off at 5pm between South and Nth Shore for the right to play Geelong West in the Barwon Zone final, which will follow at 8pm under lights at West Oval. Two games at West Oval which should be a great spectacle for the second game under lights. I'm sure West will have the bar and BBQ running hot for the night !!
South Barwon looked to win the game against north shore pretty easily... altho i did only see 1 ball of that game and it involved 'cheer cheer' being pulled to deep midwicket by a 12 year old...

In the final west were cruising at 1 for about 120 then lost 3 wickets in an over just before i left... its still gunna be a big run chase by the looks of things.. however west could have been 2 wickets down early on as from where we were sitting which was right behind u daz.. i thort u caught it. however the umpires called it 6

Back