Victorian Premier Cricket 08/09

Re: Victorian Premier Cricket 08/09

kallis23;277249 said:
whats happened to kumar sarna whats the story behind it?

He is heading home to live in India. Apparantly doesn't feel that his fits the mould of Victoria cricket so thinks he will have more chances of playing higher if he heads home.

Good to see Tom Donnell among the runs for Dandy yesterday. Class bat who has the ability to play higher if he puts his mind to it.

five80;277460 said:
Scott Sanders smashed 100 off 60 balls yesterday and he got 90 off 40 balls before that, not to mention 4 wickets last week. Would anyone put him in the Vic 20/20 team?[/QUOTE

surely he would be consider is in some good form has a strike rate of over 100 this year and also has picked up a few wickets as well and managed to score 500+ runs last year and got wickets as well. thoughts?

superfreak;277476 said:
He is heading home to live in India. Apparantly doesn't feel that his fits the mould of Victoria cricket so thinks he will have more chances of playing higher if he heads home.

Good to see Tom Donnell among the runs for Dandy yesterday. Class bat who has the ability to play higher if he puts his mind to it.

After such a long time in australia it is a little suprising to see him pull the pin.

Wouldn't suprise me to see him running around for some first class team in India very shortly but doubt he has the ability and mental toughness to make it right to the top of the tree

Warick Todd;277106 said:
| Victorian Premier Cricket

Is the VCA genuine. Surely they are kidding themselves and living on another planet.

Cricket is played in the summer, and you'd rather be playing on a hard surface than a wet one where players are slipping around.

Peter Binns get with the times you Fossil

and Barry Dawson stick to the cougars cause your speaking rubbish pal. 5 wickets at toorak park is worth 10 wickets at the albert.
Assuming that Toorak Park is still the slow track it has been for the last 5 years, then I think you'd find that in the selectors' minds, that they'd firmly disagree.

I think you will find Toorak PArk has improved significantly. Got rated 2nd best ground in comp last year.

It is a very hard place to take wickets.

You could argue that runs should be discounted, as they are a lot easier to score there than at other places.

seen all the huge scores so far at toorak park? 600 runs made the other week in a one dayer, few other times where 300 has been scored

Dinosaur_Maroon&Blue;278301 said:
Just heard a rumour A. Finch has been offered alot of cash to head to India for the 20/20 Champions League.

The legit version or 'if you play in this comp kiss your first class career goodbye' one?

Dinosaur_Maroon&Blue;278301 said:
Just heard a rumour A. Finch has been offered alot of cash to head to India for the 20/20 Champions League.

I think you will find that he may have been selected in the 15man squad for the Victorian team. All Victorians are avaliable apart from Rogers who qualified for WA and Write for Tassie. Tassie didnt make it and Rogers wont play for WA. They will be away for 2 weeks so some contracted players will be avalible for their clubs during this time. So if you look closely prob Jewell, Rogers and Holland will be the ones to miss out.

Warrick Todd thinks that selectors have got it wrong with the Twenty 20 squad. Although Finch is a good player, he is not in the same class as Neil Schlittler.

Big base Schlittler has a proven record when it comes to scoring runs fast with quick fire hundreds in all forms of limited overs cricket.

He should be on the tour, only question would be how he would handle the curries....

I hear that leigh harding and rick olarenshaw will be lining up in the Primary Edge 20/20 comp for the roos and the bombers respectively this week

Hi Everyone,

Casey Radio is looking for volunteers for our Premier Cricket radio Live broadcast.

This Saturday we are at Fitzroy/Doncaster vs Frankston @ Schramms Reserve in Doncaster, starting after lunch through to stumps or 6pm

Feel free to drop a message to me on jimhines3889@yahoo.com.au if you can join our commontary team.

Should try and get a bit of a plug on the old casey radio for bigcricket. bit of promotion :D

Back