Victorian Premier Cricket 08/09

Re: Victorian Premier Cricket 08/09

hottip06;223950 said:
Everyone you speak to will tell you that Dempsey is a cancer that spreads thru the group like you wouldn't beleive. Every vlub he has set foot in has never had any team success! Clearly plays for himself and has realised that he is at the very end and hasn't played a final! What could top off a career with so many personal accolades but no team success than a premiership!!! Dandenong is a logical fit with Ayres retiring and a super talented list that will probably start favourites this year...

Looks as though I had better keep out of this debate as it seems everyone despises Dempsey regardless of knowing him or not. I certainly have not heard the same messages but then again I probably communicate in different circles than you blokes.

pockets19;224175 said:
Looks as though I had better keep out of this debate as it seems everyone despises Dempsey regardless of knowing him or not. I certainly have not heard the same messages but then again I probably communicate in different circles than you blokes.
I amwith you I dealt with him through business a few years ago he seemed very aproachable

gloves74;224179 said:
I amwith you I dealt with him through business a few years ago he seemed very aproachable

Glad someone else agrees!

P-Toe - If cash was the driver don't you think he would be in the subbies??

Cutting Half Volleys;223970 said:
This is the same Dempsey that Gale nearly had fisticuffs with at the Ryder? I'm sure he's really missed...

James Bett > Jack McNamara.

McNamara is too inconsistent, bowls well for three weeks and then bowls rubbish for the next three.

Bett is far younger and less experienced and doesnt have the credit that mcnamara has, have you ever seen bet bowl?

gloves74;224179 said:

Lads we are not talking about him as a bloke away from the club, doing business or anything else. We are talking about him as a cricketer and a very selfish cricketer and person around the club environment!

Doesn't it make you wonder how he has made so many runs and never played a final or had team success...

hottip06;224417 said:
Lads we are not talking about him as a bloke away from the club, doing business or anything else. We are talking about him as a cricketer and a very selfish cricketer and person around the club environment!

Doesn't it make you wonder how he has made so many runs and never played a final or had team success...

Poor sides around him that couldnt get the job done perhaps?

G'day Gents. Any news on Mick Lewis for the coming season? Is he playing with Melbourne, heading off up the bush to play or has he pulled the pin altogether?

I would think that Dempsey would struggle on the inferior decks of VSDCA cricket though. Notoriously scratchy early. Made loads of runs on a good deck at the Russell Lucas Oval.

Don't forget about the pride factor.

If it was purely about the money, Dempsey wouldn't be playing in either VSDCA or Premier Cricket. He would earn more in the RDCA.

hottip06;224417 said:

He spent most of his career at Ringwood, whom were terrible at the time? Not his fault.

Ringwood were hardly sorry to see him go, but I think he's getting a bit of a bum wrap here. Would you want to be batting every second week on Arden Street? It hardly surprised me that he moved, for both that reason and the opening over at Dandy.

I agree he is a good guy off the field (approachable) but aren't cricket games played on the field?

SteveO;224505 said:
G'day Gents. Any news on Mick Lewis for the coming season? Is he playing with Melbourne, heading off up the bush to play or has he pulled the pin altogether?
At Coburg.

p-toe;224508 said:
I would think that Dempsey would struggle on the inferior decks of VSDCA cricket though. Notoriously scratchy early. Made loads of runs on a good deck at the Russell Lucas Oval.

Don't forget about the pride factor.

If it was purely about the money, Dempsey wouldn't be playing in either VSDCA or Premier Cricket. He would earn more in the RDCA.
Hmm, interesting. I know a couple of clubs have had success against him bouncing him early, might be tougher to do on the slower wickets. When you get him on a deck where he can get on the front foot in confidence, then things become a bit tougher.

Guru™;224494 said:
Poor sides around him that couldnt get the job done perhaps?

I'm sick of people making excuses for him because you think he's a good bloke off the field, its ridiculous!

Ringwood won the flag only two years after he left... funny that!

You can't blame poor players around him, North Melbourne didn't beat a drum with him in their side, but I suppose thats not his fault either... Its his teammates, or no wait, its the Arden St wicket...

All the visiting teams who beat North Melbourne to a pulp never had any trouble batting on it, even if it is a disgrace.

As the "marquee player" surely he has to accept some responsibility for these facts, just a little maybe?

You can hide away from the truth all you like, the facts remain on the table!

hottip06;224551 said:
I'm sick of people making excuses for him because you think he's a good bloke off the field, its ridiculous!

Ringwood won the flag only two years after he left... funny that!

You can't blame poor players around him, North Melbourne didn't beat a drum with him in their side, but I suppose thats not his fault either... Its his teammates, or no wait, its the Arden St wicket...

All the visiting teams who beat North Melbourne to a pulp never had any trouble batting on it, even if it is a disgrace.

As the "marquee player" surely he has to accept some responsibility for these facts, just a little maybe?

You can hide away from the truth all you like, the facts remain on the table!

Mate with so much anger you should get your facts correct. Dempsey played at North for 4 seasons, they made one day finals last year and had a chance of sneaking ( albeit unlikely) into finals last year with 3 games to go. I wouldn't mind seeing the facts or hearing them. The question needs to be asked though why are you so vocal about his selfishness?

pockets19;224570 said:
Mate with so much anger you should get your facts correct. Dempsey played at North for 4 seasons, they made one day finals last year and had a chance of sneaking ( albeit unlikely) into finals last year with 3 games to go. I wouldn't mind seeing the facts or hearing them. The question needs to be asked though why are you so vocal about his selfishness?

I think our resident angry young man could of had the chance of playing 1sts and couldnt get a game because he thought Dempsey didn't like him so didnt put him up.

hottip grow up, your the only one bad mouthing the guy and there has been at least 4 people say how much of a good bloke he is and how much he did at each club he was at.

p-toe;224508 said:

In the RDCA ????? you are kidding aren't you ?

Babies Arm;224004 said:
thought u said u had mates at geelong buddy. get off this page as well u joke.
You are a tool mate! have you put one intresting thing on here or in the geelong cricket. if you got nothing intresting to say p*ssoff you germ.

pockets19;224570 said:

You two blokes are obviously mates of his, thats fine. Just voicing an opinion that represents the majority of other clubs out there apart from those he has been directly involved with, although the Ringwood boys dont speak too highly of him.

Its actually quite amusing when you try and get personal at me and my cricket given you know nothing about me.

hottip06;225726 said:
You two blokes are obviously mates of his, thats fine. Just voicing an opinion that represents the majority of other clubs out there apart from those he has been directly involved with, although the Ringwood boys dont speak too highly of him.

Its actually quite amusing when you try and get personal at me and my cricket given you know nothing about me.

I wouldn't say mates but a keen cricket follower, though I certainly do not dislike him. You can have your opinion as well but I doubt it is shared by as many as you say. As far as getting personal, doesn't that seem a bit hypocritical given the sledging you have aimed at Dempsey?? Why don't you let us all know what lecvel of cricket you play so we can judge for ourselves whether you are a credentialled sledger or just a bloke who goes on rumour and heresay to slam other players?

pockets19;225798 said:
I wouldn't say mates but a keen cricket follower, though I certainly do not dislike him. You can have your opinion as well but I doubt it is shared by as many as you say. As far as getting personal, doesn't that seem a bit hypocritical given the sledging you have aimed at Dempsey?? Why don't you let us all know what lecvel of cricket you play so we can judge for ourselves whether you are a credentialled sledger or just a bloke who goes on rumour and heresay to slam other players?
well said mate

Back