Victorian Premier Cricket 08/09

Re: Victorian Premier Cricket 08/09

pockets19;225798 said:
I wouldn't say mates but a keen cricket follower, though I certainly do not dislike him. You can have your opinion as well but I doubt it is shared by as many as you say. As far as getting personal, doesn't that seem a bit hypocritical given the sledging you have aimed at Dempsey?? Why don't you let us all know what lecvel of cricket you play so we can judge for ourselves whether you are a credentialled sledger or just a bloke who goes on rumour and heresay to slam other players?

All I can go by and form my opinions by is the people who I associate with and my own experiences. I have played against him for early 10 years and have some of my closest mates at other clubs as well.

I would like to know your backgrounds now so I can judge wether you are in a good position to discuss things or are just hangers on who love the big name players, because trust me I have seen plenty of them over the years!

Darren Dempsey is a legend.....Flynny is the one you should be questioning!

Just thought I'd bait a hook...........

hottip06;225980 said:
All I can go by and form my opinions by is the people who I associate with and my own experiences. I have played against him for early 10 years and have some of my closest mates at other clubs as well.

I would like to know your backgrounds now so I can judge wether you are in a good position to discuss things or are just hangers on who love the big name players, because trust me I have seen plenty of them over the years!

If you have played against him for nearly 10 years that narrows it down to who you might be. After looking through some of your posts and looking at the criticism you have aimed at Cookson, Entwistle, Casey and the Cats I can conclude you are not from there. I am battling to believe you have close mates at other clubs......imagine what you might say about them behind their back or on a blog site!

You must be jealous or have been towelled up by Dempsey at some stage. Played any finals lately yourself? Anyway good luck for the season ahead, try and channel your agression to making some runs, mail is you need some help.

For everyone else, looks like the draw has left the 2 sides out who are furtherest away.

More departures at St Kilda, Jarrod Dowling fringe 1's player, has gone to Camberwell. Mass departures would have the Saints struggling this season

pockets19;226080 said:
If you have played against him for nearly 10 years that narrows it down to who you might be. After looking through some of your posts and looking at the criticism you have aimed at Cookson, Entwistle, Casey and the Cats I can conclude you are not from there. I am battling to believe you have close mates at other clubs......imagine what you might say about them behind their back or on a blog site!

You must be jealous or have been towelled up by Dempsey at some stage. Played any finals lately yourself? Anyway good luck for the season ahead, try and channel your agression to making some runs, mail is you need some help.

For everyone else, looks like the draw has left the 2 sides out who are furtherest away.

I'm just going to call a truce right here and now, i;ve obviously struck a chord somewhere along the line. You can't handle my opinon without getting personal and thats fine, each to their own.

When you start talking about jealousy and my own record against Dempsey and finals without knowing who your talking about you really have lost the plot! In terms of chanelling my aggression, its just fine thanks and was only an opinion!

Anyway moving on..... the new draw, while it seems better in terms of days played and finals over before april, it really is getting less and less even! For some teams not to play Dandenong and Mebourne and others to miss out on Frankston and Northcote is a lttle lop-sided!

But at the end of the day, its you get what your given and get on with it!

hottip06;226268 said:
I'm just going to call a truce right here and now, i;ve obviously struck a chord somewhere along the line. You can't handle my opinon without getting personal and thats fine, each to their own.

When you start talking about jealousy and my own record against Dempsey and finals without knowing who your talking about you really have lost the plot! In terms of chanelling my aggression, its just fine thanks and was only an opinion!

Anyway moving on..... the new draw, while it seems better in terms of days played and finals over before april, it really is getting less and less even! For some teams not to play Dandenong and Mebourne and others to miss out on Frankston and Northcote is a lttle lop-sided!

But at the end of the day, its you get what your given and get on with it!

I think the draw should of been randomly generated for which teams you miss out on. I havent read the draw but as Casey and Frankston are the furtherest away from Geelong that means they won't play them? A big loss for Geelong but as they have the quality cricketers that shouldn't bother them overall.

Should get a tipping comp going on here with all the regular posters, could be quite interesting

Guru™;226273 said:
I think the draw should of been randomly generated for which teams you miss out on. I havent read the draw but as Casey and Frankston are the furtherest away from Geelong that means they won't play them? A big loss for Geelong but as they have the quality cricketers that shouldn't bother them overall.

Should get a tipping comp going on here with all the regular posters, could be quite interesting

Looks like I have it wrong as Geelong play both of those but miss Dandenong and Carlton! I am not sure how it was figured out. But as has been previously said.......it is what it is and I am sure the best teams will still finish top 4.

pockets19;226278 said:
Looks like I have it wrong as Geelong play both of those but miss Dandenong and Carlton! I am not sure how it was figured out. But as has been previously said.......it is what it is and I am sure the best teams will still finish top 4.

Massive advantage for the Cats missing those two teams. thats a dream draw for them. Would have to start favourites for the minor premiership along with Dandenong without doubt.

Why didn't they just look at last years ladder and pair up 1st and 18th, 2nd and 17th and so on. Then everyone would miss a high and low club or two mid table clubs. To miss 2 top teams is a joke, who's running Premier cricket?

five80;226289 said:
Why didn't they just look at last years ladder and pair up 1st and 18th, 2nd and 17th and so on. Then everyone would miss a high and low club or two mid table clubs. To miss 2 top teams is a joke, who's running Premier cricket?

Not sure but really 1 & 2 from last year should miss 17 & 18 and so on. At least the bottom teams would get some relief against the top teams that way.

Basically the draw has been shifted two rounds from last year. So who you played in the last round, you now play in Round 2. Who you played in Round 3, you play in Round 5. etc.

And so they've obviously just taken out two random weeks from that, and whomever you miss out on, luck of the draw.

Geelong play Carlton in the final round, misses out on St. Kilda. Would've been a very good game between the Cats and the Panthers too, esp after last seasons Semi at the Junction.

Camberwell are already being underestimated. With the likes of Hill as captain along with wade, bray, evans with the bat and Ryan, Gribble and McNamara with the ball, quite a strong team.

Don't think Camberwell will improve much this year. They'll need a quality Batsman and Bowler to make finals.

If Bray and Evans get runs at the top of the order, they'll be OK. Bowling's usually pretty honest, but they're just prone to a batting collapse or two.

Also depends on how often Wade plays.

Cutting Half Volleys;226735 said:
If Bray and Evans get runs at the top of the order, they'll be OK. Bowling's usually pretty honest, but they're just prone to a batting collapse or two.

Also depends on how often Wade plays.

Agreed, they certainly have some talent and could cause some trouble on their day, but under pressure there are some question marks over their top order.

If Hill and Evans can find some consistency they might push for a top 8 spot.

I don't think they have the quality within their side to trouble the top four or the good teams.

What about Darren Pattinson making the English test squad????

Darren Pattinson in English Test Team. Is it an indication of the strength of Premier Cricket or the lack of depth in English Cricket?

probably a bit of both.Although he is probably one of about 5 fringe bowlers who could have been picked...probably selected on form.Unlikely to play though.

Back